OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 30 Mar 2024, 08:50

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2018, 02:05 

Blade: Primorac off-
FH: Tenergy 05
BH: Tenergy 05
As head in to the Summer league I'm going to make a real effort to change my game to what would work for me rather than what I think im best at!

I play with Tenergy 05 and generally stand a step back from table and power loop, only thing is, my shots are too big and too inconsistent.
I have quick reactions so im going to try standing closer to table anf being a lot more compact with my game.

I've always loved the dwell time and the high arch on T05. But is it suited to this style of game??

Any input gratefully received.

Thanks

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2018, 06:01 
Dances with Spammers
Dances with Spammers

Blade: Darker Speed 90 Jpen
FH: Dawei Inspirit Quattro UL
Without knowing enough about your level or how long you have been playing or what your playing style is it is hard to give good advice but I will try. If you like to step away from the table and play loops and topspin drives then the Tenergy is a great rubber for that. The blade is also a factor. A good looping blade such as the Nittaku Violin will also be high throw so you need to adjust accordingly.

Maybe you need to stand a bit further back than you already are? Maybe your technique is the issue? Faster hand speed will always help the ball curve down more and land on the table. More brushing, less hitting through the ball. I am just assuming a lot of things about your game here.

If you plan to play a close-to-the-table kind of game, are you saying you want to play a more push block sort of game? In that case I don't think the Tenergy is the right rubber since it is springy and high throw. You will need a stiffer racket or a harder sponge, or both for that type of game to work.

Local Press Club (Journalists) Champion

The speed of a Rhino and the power of a Gazelle!!!!
http://xtrariter.blogspot.com

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2018, 07:39 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

T05 is fine for close to the table controlled spin play. You will need more compact strokes to adjust to the shorter recovery time, that's all.

And it's a good general rule to change one thing at a time. So change your preferred distance now, keep the same equipment. When you settle in at the new distance, if you still want to change equipment then do it. That way you will get a clear evaluation of each change.

Yoko Ono

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2018, 08:06 

Blade: Primorac off-
FH: Tenergy 05
BH: Tenergy 05
Thanks for the advance.
I played County as a kid and had a low national ranking. (mid 90s) then had a 10 year break played in local league for a season and won promotion from middle division of 5 to 2nd top (top division contained players from strong British league teams).
Currently back in local league... Making too many mistakes and wanting to push on and get promoted up the divisions.
Using Primorac off- blade

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2018, 09:39 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
The main drawback of Tenergy 05 is that it's quite sensitive to incoming spin from your opponent. So if that's the cause of many mistakes, and it outweighs the number of winners you hit, only then it'w worth considering something else.
Are you using 2.1mm or 1.9mm? The blade is certainly good for looping, with tons of control.

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2018, 08:12 
I am Legend
I am Legend

I always preferred 64 over 05 for short action/close to the table counterlooping. But I don't think it was intended for that...

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2018, 13:03 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Short pips? :lol:

Iskandar