OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 14:38

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 19 Jun 2018, 00:38 

Any1 would you compare the Xiom Vega Tour to Vega Japan? Can you say that Vega Tour is Vega Japan adapted for plastic balls? I rly like Vega Japan but for me its not have enough grip. I wonder if the Vega Tour will be an alternative. Both have a 45 degree hardness but how does it get to topshet? Vega Japan, despite such a hard foundation gives the impression of a much softwrler which suits me very well. Sry for bad english

PostPosted: 19 Jun 2018, 02:49 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Omega VII Euro 2mm
BH: Spinlord Orkan 1.5mm
You need to select one of the Xiom rubbers marked "df" for improved grip for the Poly ball.

I am using Vega Asia df and it really does grip the ball well especially on serves and I much prefer it to Japan which did not suit my all-round medium pace game style.

PostPosted: 19 Jun 2018, 21:21 

Thx for anserw. You think Asia DF is it appealing to Japan when it comes to speed, controls, and hardness?

PostPosted: 19 Jun 2018, 22:58 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Omega VII Euro 2mm
BH: Spinlord Orkan 1.5mm
No, Asia DF is more like the old original Vega Europe in hardness and catapult, definitely softer and easier to play than Vega Japan but can be a bit bouncy in the short game. Japan needs hard strokes to get the best out of it, lacks feel and can be a bit slippy with the plastic ball.

There is however two brand new Vega series rubbers DEF and TOUR both of which claim to be designed for the plastic ball.

It sounds like the new Vega Tour might be what you are after as t will be more like Japan in hardness in fact some initial reviews indicate it is more like a hard attacking Chinese rubber than euro.

https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/equipm ... our-rubber

https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/ ... our-Review