OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 15:31

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2018, 23:23 
Super User

Blade: Sanwei F3 Pro (=TB ALC)
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Hellfire X/Dtecs ox
I bought Joola Rhyzer to replace my Rhyzm after reading reviews like...

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_po ... -48-review
https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/ ... 42-degrees

Rhyzer was big disappointment after 1 practise: it has 50 % less spin, 20 % less speed and 30 % less catapult than my old Rhyzm.

Rhyzer is kind of rubber that is hard to figure the right angle for loops, you don't know whether close the blade more or open it more. Looping was difficult and it lacked penetration. It was kind of same experince as with Rakza 7 and Rakza X, former was fast and spinny, but the X variant didn't work at all for me.

The first review of Rhyzer said....
Quote:
Spin: Lots of spin is generated on both slow and fast balls. I would put the spin generation on par with an MX-P and Tenergy 80 and slightly below that of a Tenergy 05 - but its pretty much the same level as an 05, especially on more powerful strokes (slower loops and serves, T05 still wins).
Trajectory: Long. Longer than a T05, longer than a T80, slightly longer than a T64. Slightly longer than the Aurus Prime, significantly longer than a Vega Pro.

The second review of Rhyzer said....
Quote:
If in terms of spin , the potential level of Rhyzer 48 is much higher than any other rubber in the market with the exception of maybe Tenergy 05 but the level of spin between the 2 seem to be very minute.

If I compare it to the the Rhyzm 48 before, the Rhyzm 48 is a mild version with lesser amount of spin. When you are in the receiving end of the Rhyzer 48, you could feel how heavy and spinny the balls are when somebody is using it against you. The very long trajectory of the Rhyzer 48 ensures you that even at 4 meters away from the table, yours shots will not fall short.

How the spin could be great at the same time when trajectory is long? It can't be.

The Rhyzers lack of spin is clearest while fishing with wristy tecnique. With Rhyzm you get easily huge kick or huge sidespin from the bounce, but with Rhyzer almost nothing happens and the ball is easy for the opponent.

The second review of Rhyzer said....
Quote:
The Rhyzer is an excellent offensive rubber that does not need an off+ blade to be used. In fact, it needs a slower blade to be fully utilized by players like me who are not pros or not on elite level of playing style.

I disagree a lot with that. For me Rhyzer is not the "very fast and spinny pro rubber that is hard to play." It just crappy rubber with no spin, lacking of speed and besides that hard to loop rubber.

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2018, 07:37 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Blade: Donic Waldner Senso V1
FH: Victas VS401
BH: Victas Triple Regular
Nice honest review Roy. I recently switched to a sheet of Rhyzm 425 from Gewo Flexxon. I initially felt the same about Rhyzm however after a few sessions I've either got used to it or its loosened up a bit but now I'm quite satisfied. Maybe your sheet needs some playing in too.

Interesting comment about Rakza 7 vs X. Being a bit of an EJ, I'd decided that Rakza 7 would be my next rubber so glad to hear you confirm it's probably the pick of the series.

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2018, 14:49 
Super User

Blade: Sanwei F3 Pro (=TB ALC)
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Hellfire X/Dtecs ox
Cobalt wrote:
Interesting comment about Rakza 7 vs X. Being a bit of an EJ, I'd decided that Rakza 7 would be my next rubber so glad to hear you confirm it's probably the pick of the series.

There might be different strokes with people that support different rubbers. I have seen few players with Rakza X here and they are doing fine, but I could't get anything out of it.
With both Ryzer 48 and Rakza X, they are too hard rubbers for me and the ball don't sink & catapult the right way. I have played with Hurricane 3 etc. and their tackiness helps overcome the hard feeling.

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2018, 16:38 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Thanks for the review Roy! :up:

That does sound your experience is very different... apart from different strokes, I wonder if it performs very different on different blades as well perhaps.