OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 15:10

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2018, 23:02 

Blade: andro Timber 5 OFF
FH: andro Hexer Powergrip
BH: andro Hexer Grip
Hello guys,

I would like to review two hot Andro brand new rubbers from Hexer series. New Hexers are the next stage of development that combines the best of the previous series Hexer and Rasant. Both of these rubbers were launched at the end of August and they are promising us a new solution to our plastic problem. Specifically, these rubbers have a topsheet made of 100% natural material. This trend has just begun, and besides Andro itself, we can see natural rubber for example at Xiom (Vega Pro) or Stiga (Mantra series).

Andro Hexer Grip has a porous sponge with a hardness of 45 degrees and a significant green color. I had a red square, a sponge thickness 1.9 mm and a weight of 66 grams. Andro Hexer PowerGrip is his stronger sibling whose most distinctive paper difference is a harder sponge. It has 47.5 degrees, smaller pores and of course the green color. I tested a black square with 2.1 mm sponge and a weight of 70 grams. Packaging of rubbers is classic, black color and the design itself is suited to styling the Hexer series into a hellish origin. The description also reflects a little bit of comparison with TSP Super Ventus and Victas V> 01 Stiff with whom I play. I was keen especially about the Hexer Grip, because it (at least for me) fills a gap in a range of Rasanters.Name: potahy.jpg Views: 0 Size: 82.1 KB

I tested the rubbers on the seven-ply Butterfly SK7. Glued with TSP Bio Fix. The first sight after the cut, the rubbers are lighter than its competitors mentioned above, and they added 100 grams to all bats weight.
And now to the game. The first impression while playing were positive. The rubbers played absolutely steadily, well balanced. Spin potential of the rubbers is enormous. In terms of stiffness, I would say that the topsheet is at the bottom of the medium hardness, it is not sticky, but it is quite adherent. Topspins are really easy to play, I was getting more and more sureness to play the opening topspin from BH. Overally, I would say that my confidence increased in BH topspin game. The Grip seems to be a bit slower and "more technical" than Stiff, which is more direct. Spin is excellent from both rubbers, with Grip I feel spinning was little bit easier.

Topspin from the FH side was steady. The contratopspins were extremely safe. Hexer PowerGrip is quite similar to Super Ventus in this way. Overally I thought the ideal space was rather closer to the table up to mid-range. Generally, for both rubbers (and more generally not just these two rubbers) the deeper a ball sink into the rubber the more controlled ball you get. Adapting to short play wasn´t problematic thanks to the similarities of rubbers I am used to.

In fact, it is quite possible that the Hexer Grip, at the thickness of 1.7 mm, would be found on a lot of defenders blades with no surprise. Its ball feeling is outstanding.

Conclusion. New Hexer series offers well made, quality rubbers for a plastic era. The softer Hexer Grip is slightly slower, with excellent control and a slightly higher arc. It has higher tolerance for mistakes. Ideal for players who are developing and want to increase their confidence and self-esteem in the strokes they are drilling. Hexer Powegrip is faster, sharper with a slightly lower arc. It's really the faster brother of the Grip, the rubbers are very close to each other. I think these rubbers are absolutely amazing substitution of older Hexers with all modern elements of todays game style.

In one word - Hexcellent.

Attachments:
File comment: Sponges comparation.
houby.png
houby.png [ 441.88 KiB | Viewed 5520 times ]
File comment: Rubbers.
potahy.jpg
potahy.jpg [ 525.77 KiB | Viewed 5520 times ]

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2018, 13:09 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Sounds like you really like the rubbers. Was there anything that you didn't like about them? Every rubber has its pros and cons ;)

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2018, 17:29 

Blade: andro Timber 5 OFF
FH: andro Hexer Powergrip
BH: andro Hexer Grip
Not sure at all, these rubbers are truly well-balanced. Of course that there is not any magic and some of my shots still don´t find the way to the table. I just feel that these rubbers fulfill my expectations. What I found harder was to play from longer distance.

But I am not sure that it is fault of these rubbers. I used to play a TB ALC for quite a long time and now I "downgraded" to allwood blade. So probably this problem would be a combination of these aspects.
Now I have to play with more power what was one of my tasks for slower blade. It is better to train technique well and to be able to use the power of arm instead of benefits of material...

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2018, 02:37 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Maybe you could explain to me the difference between the Hexer and Rasant families as a whole. Other than the color of the sponge, of course. I've never been able to figure out when one would choose one over the other (other than the Rasants were being hyped like there was no tomorrow and no one ever posted about the Hexers because they were older and had been superseded, until now). My theory is that Andro, like everyone else, HAS to release at least 2 or 3 new rubbers a year, or they'd lose market share. Eventually all the catalogs become bloated with dozens of different rubbers. I suspect these new Hexers are pretty similar to their now-discontinued Rasant counterparts. The used of green sponge + recycling the old names means they're trying to appeal to people who liked the old Rasant Grip and Powergrip. They were sort of forced into this by their own marketing decisions - you can't continue selling something called "Rasant" when there are "Rasanters". In a couple years they'll come out with "Rasantest"... :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2019, 09:31 
Super User

Blade: Hugo Calderano OFF+
FH: Hexer Powergrip 2.1
BH: Hexer Powergrip 2.1
haggisv wrote:
Sounds like you really like the rubbers. Was there anything that you didn't like about them? Every rubber has its pros and cons ;)

After using the PowerGrip for a few seasons and on my 4th set of sheets, I still really like this rubber. They are stable, produce a good level of spin and are not slow. Like all rubbers they give much more results from a more active action and you are not going to get an easy spin feeling from a half hearted storke. One of the things I'm finding is when they wear out there is a sharp decline of performance, specially in regards to blocking and touch where they feel like they throw the ball 15cm longer as they wear out, doesnt sound like much until you need to make a good block or short push only to see it go long and miss or get looped back as your not so short push flies past the back of the table. Its like the sponge loses its low end control which is a strange feeling but this has been consistent in all the sheets I have used. Your mileage may vary as this is likely a combination of blade, environment I play in and the wear level of the sheet.

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2019, 00:09 
Super User

Blade: Donic Waldner WC 89 FL
FH: Donic BlueStar A2 Red Max
BH: DMS Firestorm Black 1.8
So do you believe it is the sponge softening, or the topsheet losing grip? Or maybe a combination of the two?

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2019, 21:37 

apophis wrote:
haggisv wrote:

After using the PowerGrip for a few seasons and on my 4th set of sheets, I still really like this rubber. They are stable, produce a good level of spin and are not slow. Like all rubbers they give much more results from a more active action and you are not going to get an easy spin feeling from a half hearted storke. One of the things I'm finding is when they wear out there is a sharp decline of performance, specially in regards to blocking and touch where they feel like they throw the ball 15cm longer as they wear out, doesnt sound like much until you need to make a good block or short push only to see it go long and miss or get looped back as your not so short push flies past the back of the table. Its like the sponge loses its low end control which is a strange feeling but this has been consistent in all the sheets I have used. Your mileage may vary as this is likely a combination of blade, environment I play in and the wear level of the sheet.
Have you played Vega Pro before? I am curious to compare these two rubbers, they have a sponge with the same hardness, with the difference that Vega Pro is cheaper

Wysłane z mojego MI 9 przy użyciu Tapatalka

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2019, 09:01 
Super User

Blade: Hugo Calderano OFF+
FH: Hexer Powergrip 2.1
BH: Hexer Powergrip 2.1
1dennistt wrote:
So do you believe it is the sponge softening, or the topsheet losing grip? Or maybe a combination of the two?

Unsure, it like the sponge gets harder even though is i dont think it does and you lose the spin on the ball when you enage the sponge more. Its strange, however, in the latest round of wearing out it could be a few environmental things such as summer heat! I will buy a new set for the new season so will now more then.

Gzubik wrote:
Have you played Vega Pro before? I am curious to compare these two rubbers, they have a sponge with the same hardness, with the difference that Vega Pro is cheaper

Vega Pro is slower and a feels little less lively in my experience. But its been a while since I have played with the Vega Pro, for me the only price difference is $5 so its not much of a change.

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2021, 20:23 
Super User

Blade: Xiom Michelangelo
FH: andro Rasanter R48
BH: Butterfly Tenergy 25 FX
Review of Hexer Grip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TpK6jMFvg4