OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 18:41

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2018, 05:03 

Blade: DHS PG7 Penhold
FH: Impartial XB 1.7mm
BH: N/A
I would like people's opinion on Bryce, Bryce FX, Bryce Speed, Bryce Speed FX, and Bryce Highspeed.

I have used Bryce Highspeed and I love it on shakehand. It's fast, fantastic blocking, close to the table pressure is off the charts. Unfortunately, I can't flick well as the dwell time is too short (fast rubber/sponge) for my RPB flicks but if I was playing shakehand I was use Bryce Highspeed hands down.

Trying to determine which of the Bryce series will suit my stroke (RPB) best before making a final purchase.

I plan on using one of these sheets in 1.9 mm on a relatively fast blade and dominating the table up close with consistent attacks like Harimoto's/Wang Hao's Bh strokes.

Thank you to anyone who takes the time to discuss the rubbers!

In these videos for my backhand, i'm using Tenergy 64FX 2.1mm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGQUfyh ... e=youtu.be
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpVNzZQ ... e=youtu.be
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKbST0C ... e=youtu.be

Last edited by LeeStyle on 25 Oct 2018, 14:05, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2018, 09:46 

Not many people use Bryce anymore. Not enough grip / spin for most people. There doesn't seem to be a bryce highspeed fx, from a quick internet search. So I suggest you look into other non-bryce rubbers, such as the Stiga Mantra series. Comes in soft, medium and hard. High speed, better spin and control. Or you could try tenergy 64.

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2018, 12:12 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Bryce dates back to the pre-speed-glue-ban era. And it appeared then speed gluing was all the rage. I've heard it said it was a great rubber for speed gluing. The more recent additions to the line did come after the ban, and I suppose they contain the new "faux speed glue" technology that, say, Tenergy contains. So I suppose if you want something that's more like a modern rubber (with it's drawbacks and all, including very short playing life) you'd get one of the newer types. The older types weren't meant to be used unaltered in any case, I imagine those who used it speed glued it like they did with everything else. In any case.. if you have the money, hey, buy it and try it. If you don't like it you could always pass it along to someone else (or put it on ebay.. :lol: )..

Iskandar

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!