OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:20

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2019, 16:14 
My Precious

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Joola Golden Tango
BH: Tibhar Dtecs OX
haggisv wrote:
I tried a sheet of this rubber, and it's indeed quite close to the Joola Golden Tango PS. Without having it on the same blade and both sheets being new, I can't compare directly, but they're certainly close. Possible the Tibhar is a little faster. Both are high throw and VERY spinny rubbers, and quite unique for an ESN Tensor.

I love the Golden Tango so I'll watch this space very closely :^) :?: |(

See the ball, be the ball...

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2019, 13:53 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

A 25 Euro rubber (the current sale at TT11). Yeah, it does say "European Version" on the front...

One wonders what the Asian version costs - if it's significantly less I'd rather buy that.. :lol: Actually, if you search for "Tibhar K1" and display all the images that come up, you'll see there's quite a variety - there's the one with the red front cover, one with blue (looks like the European version except it DOESN'T say "European Version") and there's a "K1 Plus". Which makes you wonder what the differences are. Also.. on the back, it says "Sponge Hardness 50 degrees" in English and German, and then it says something in Chinese - 39-40 degrees. HMMMM!!!!! Both ESN and Chinese degrees listed!!

Iskandar

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2019, 17:48 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Blade: DHS Long 2
FH: Dianchi D
BH: Yinhe Pluto
K1 Plus is harder K1

Instagram: rokphishtt

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2019, 21:33 
Super User

Blade: AfroBro Custom
FH: Rasanter R53
BH: Vega X
A clubmate ordered the "european version". As far as I can see, it's just the original Hybrid K1 in a slightly different packet. I can't see any difference in the topsheet or sponge to my old sheet of K1 from ttnpp.

My guess is that with the K1 series only being available in Asia, Tibhar responded to demand in other markets by doing an "official" release to Europe. The modified packet just shows that the rubber came through the official supply chain rather than imported from an Asian reseller. I got all my sheets from ttnpp and AliExpress.

It's still a great rubber if you want half-tacky ESN.

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2019, 22:35 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Matsushita Pro
FH: Rakza Z
BH: Dawei 388D-1
Depends where you are as to what you pay. In the UK, we are charged the VAT tax when we buy from TT11, so it's priced at 29.93 Euros currently (plus shipping unless you buy enough). From Aliexpress the K1/K1 Plus price varies from around £22 to £32, including shipping.
Does lead me to wonder what will happen to TT11 prices after Brexit.

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2019, 23:07 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Interesting that they don't make you pay VAT on AliExpress or ttnpp orders.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2019, 23:17 
Super User

Blade: Yinhe V14 Pro
FH: Harder Chinese rubber
BH: Softer Chinese/ESN rubber
I've got my sheet of K1 Euro (black, 2.0 mm) when it was on sale last time and played a couple of matches with it.

Having used other hybrid rubbers, such as Big Dipper, Sanwei Target National, and Apollo 5, I wasn't impressed with K1 Euro. I think it's a decent rubber but it was too bouncy for me, and I couldn't get enough spin on serves and topspin shots with it. The rubber was lacking that kick that is a signature feature of tacky rubbers.

I think it behaves closer to tensors than to Chinese rubbers, and I just didn't like it much.

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2019, 05:42 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Matsushita Pro
FH: Rakza Z
BH: Dawei 388D-1
iskandar taib wrote:
Interesting that they don't make you pay VAT on AliExpress or ttnpp orders.

Iskandar
The VAT is charged at point of sale within the EU. So when I order from TT11, the price I see on the website is including VAT. We pay the rate of tax applicable to the country of sale. I believe Estonia has 19%, whereas we have 20% here, so not very different.

UK customs can apply VAT and customs duties at point of import of goods from outside of the EU e.g. China or the US, but that is nothing to do with Aliexpress or any other retailer. In practice, with goods under £30 they don't bother.

It was pretty much the same back in the day when I worked in audio retail in London; we used to have many customers from around the world. With sales to EEC Europeans, we could supply documentation that would enable them to reclaim VAT at their home customs office, but they would then have to pay the applicable rate of their country, so not really worth bothering. We supplied similar documentation to customers from outside the EEC (pre-EU days), but they had those forms stamped at UK customs, and they would receive tax refunds some time later, whether or not they declared the goods at home. For some people, this was a good deal. Big sales to Saudi Arabia, Russia, South America etc. This was for customers taking the goods with them; if we shipped, the tax was removed at source. Nowadays, companies (like Butterfly) tend to maintain prices around the world, which would have massively negatively impacted business for us. Retail Price Maintenance used to be illegal in the UK.