OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 14:03

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2019, 09:14 

Blade: Joo Sae Hyuk
FH: Tenergy 05fx
BH: TSP P1-R Curl
Hi, I'm looking for suggestions / opinions on inverted rubbers for modern defense. I play with a defplay senso v3, tsp curl p1-r on my backhand and mxp on my forehand currently. I play for my county side (I'm 17) and also play for my highest division in my local area. I chop mainly with both sides but attack with my forehand when i have the chance. I was wandering whether i should look at a rubber like Tenergy 05 / 05fx or Tenergy tackiness chop.
Many thanks.

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2019, 10:16 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
That's a really good setup and high quality, nothing wrong with it. Why do you want to change?

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2019, 13:40 
Super User

Blade: Diode V ST
FH: V>22 Max
BH: Curl P1V 1.0
I play with a setup very similar to yours. You are not saying what is it that you do not like. If you feel that MXP is too fast for chopping (my guess), stay with the same rubber and go for the thinner sponge, 1.9 or 1.7.

I don't chop with MXP yet currently play with a 1.9-2.0 sponge for increased control. I used to play with Tenergy 05 and honestly it's not that much slower. I would say MXP is closer to T80 speed wise and T05 is maybe 5-10% slower and it's double the price. Worth switching? Nope.

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2019, 00:13 

I should've clarified, i don't really like chopping with the mxp on max sponge. I might consider going to a lower thickness of sponge then.

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2019, 00:30 
Super User

Blade: Yinhe V14 Pro
FH: Harder Chinese rubber
BH: Softer Chinese/ESN rubber
HRose202 wrote:
I should've clarified, i don't really like chopping with the mxp on max sponge. I might consider going to a lower thickness of sponge then.

Or you might want to switch to a tacky Chinese rubber - from what I've heard, they are more suitable for chopping than Euro tensors.

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2019, 02:27 

ziv wrote:
HRose202 wrote:

Or you might want to switch to a tacky Chinese rubber - from what I've heard, they are more suitable for chopping than Euro tensors.

Oh that's interesting, which ones would you recommend?

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2019, 02:39 
Super User

Blade: Yinhe V14 Pro
FH: Harder Chinese rubber
BH: Softer Chinese/ESN rubber
HRose202 wrote:
ziv wrote:
HRose202 wrote:

Oh that's interesting, which ones would you recommend?

DHS Hurricane 3 (NEO) is kinda the standard choice here, although I haven't tried it - but a lot of people do use it. And I did play a guy who isn't a chopper but has some chopping skills, and he was able to produce a very decent backspin with an H3 Neo on his FH.

My personal favorites would be Yinhe Big Dipper and Sanwei Target National. They are tacky, slower than Euro tensors (but still have more than enough speed), and are capable of a great spin. I really like the linearity of Chinese rubbers which means that the ball won't be shot out in an uncontrolled fashion like with MX-P.

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2019, 05:45 
Super User

Blade: dr neubauer firewall +
FH: DHS skyline 3 neo 2.15 mm
BH: Dr. Neubauer Agressor 1.5
I play with a DHS skyline 3 on my FH sine over 7 years . Similar to the Hurricane but with less arc. Tacky DHS rubber are great for control short and long, changing gear, blocking etc. The peoples who play with these rubbers are really using their body to drive the ball. The arm lenght is at full use for loop. It is very chinese shot. Not europeen at all. Tacky rubber is not played like grippy rubber. No trampoline effect. You are control the spin, the speed etc. At first you may feel that the ball is not fast then whyen you get the right angle and the right movement it is very fast and spinny.

Chop and block are easy to do . Sometime my block are floating and sometime doing backspin. Chop can be done with tons of backspin.

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2019, 06:07 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
MX-s and victas 401 are great for chopping -- I wouldn't go any slower than those, unless you are 80%+ defensive chops on that wing.

MX-S is a tad bit faster between the two, but not anything to worry about.

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2019, 06:57 
Super User

Blade: dr neubauer firewall +
FH: DHS skyline 3 neo 2.15 mm
BH: Dr. Neubauer Agressor 1.5
I'm not sure slapper what you mean but DHS is not slow in any mean. Many defender are using DHS as they are full control and full spin too. They are fast as you want to be. If ma long and other chinese used them its probably fast enough. !

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2019, 07:02 

My personal favorites would be Yinhe Big Dipper and Sanwei Target National. They are tacky, slower than Euro tensors (but still have more than enough speed), and are capable of a great spin. I really like the linearity of Chinese rubbers which means that the ball won't be shot out in an uncontrolled fashion like with MX-P.[/quote]

I'll have a look into Chinese rubbers, it might be the way i go.

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2019, 07:03 

maddrag wrote:
I play with a DHS skyline 3 on my FH sine over 7 years . Similar to the Hurricane but with less arc. Tacky DHS rubber are great for control short and long, changing gear, blocking etc. The peoples who play with these rubbers are really using their body to drive the ball. The arm lenght is at full use for loop. It is very chinese shot. Not europeen at all. Tacky rubber is not played like grippy rubber. No trampoline effect. You are control the spin, the speed etc. At first you may feel that the ball is not fast then whyen you get the right angle and the right movement it is very fast and spinny.

Chop and block are easy to do . Sometime my block are floating and sometime doing backspin. Chop can be done with tons of backspin.

That's interesting I'll have a look into them

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2019, 09:20 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
maddrag wrote:
I'm not sure slapper what you mean but DHS is not slow in any mean. Many defender are using DHS as they are full control and full spin too. They are fast as you want to be. If ma long and other chinese used them its probably fast enough. !

Well, I guess if you can play like ma long, choose any rubber you want! :lol: but they also use different versions, and from what I've read on the net, the Chinese choppers using DHS all have custom sponges. I used skyline 3 60 soft sponge, and it was a nice one for chopping and looping. I learned on hurricane 3 sponge 18 or whatever it was, and 729 geospin tacky

Bright side, they're cheap enough to try out a few and see if you like them

But I recommend those 2 to him bc hes coming from MX p and they are not a tremendous change. The victas 401 and mx s, that is

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2019, 20:45 
Sitting on Defence
Sitting on Defence

Blade: TSP Trinity Carbon
FH: Tibhar MX-S 2.0mm
BH: Viper 0.5mm
I just switched from VS>401 to MX-S and was surprised to find that I didn't really lose out on my chopping (but I gained some top end speed).

Personalized Online Performance Coaching for Table Tennis now available!

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2019, 22:50 

Blade: Re-Impact Chevalier
FH: Victas V22 double extra
BH: Friendship Bloom Spin 1.5
Just buy the DHS Hurricane 3 38deg (national/prov) and you can chop night and day.......
Lots of control and spin. Good in chopping and pushing and great in looping too. Great speed if u hit hard. Slow if u hit slow.... ;)

Dong Li plays with it. See youtube clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gE1Qx4cdq2E

Greetings