OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 19:08

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: 06 May 2009, 13:20 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
ich wrote:
hmm... i want to ask u all in this forum...

How about the durability of tensor rubber if i compared it with traditional rubber??

Can u guys explain it to me?

The reason tensor are less durable is that the topsheet is applied to the sponge under tension and stretches it. This thins out the topsheet and makes it more prone to wear. The topsheets on tensors also tend to be a softer material than many other rubbers as well. Older gen tensors had 2 big problems that the rubber tended to crumble at the edges easily and the material would "oxidize" on its surface if left exposed to the air for too long, making the rubber look "patchy" and dull. Thus they needed a sticky protective sheet. The new gen ones seem to have overcome these issues more and are therefore more likely to be more durable. They often don't even come with the sticky sheet any more. (Andro Roxon 450 is an example of this). Of course, the better you look after a tensor rubber (or any rubber for that matter), the longer it will last. This includes getting edge tape right up to the brim of the rubbers edge to protect it, and trying not to hit the table with it (which was a real killer of early gen tensors). Hope this explains it well enough for you. :wink:

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 07 May 2009, 11:34 

Thanx all for your advice...

hehe... :wink:

PostPosted: 07 May 2009, 11:48 
Do you feel lucky (young) punk?

Blade: Juic Hinoki One Ply
FH: Tibhar 5Q
BH: Scandal
If all tensors are made by stretching the top sheet, do all tensors come out of the package with a big reverse dome?

Backhand, Sriver FX Max

PostPosted: 07 May 2009, 12:43 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

The ones I use don't

PostPosted: 07 May 2009, 12:54 
Pop and Swirl
Pop and Swirl

Baal wrote:
The ones I use don't

Similarly, I don't recall seeing Platin nor JO Gold to be domed...really nice to see them nice and flat.

PostPosted: 07 May 2009, 13:46 

Glad someone else agrees. I do not think because a rubber is called a tensor, that it is made by stretching the top sheet. If they were, they would have a dome. Tensor must refer to something else.

Backhand, Sriver FX Max

PostPosted: 07 May 2009, 17:11 

Silver,
What makes a tensor a tensor if it is not a stretched topsheet?

Maybe a term used by the manufacturer to describe the sponge characteristics?

Seems obvious if you stretch a topsheet and then glue it to a sponge, it would make a dome when the tension was taken off the topsheet.

I have heard this stretched topsheet thing for a long time now and have always wondered about it. :D

Backhand, Sriver FX Max

PostPosted: 17 May 2009, 22:34 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
LOL, just wait till Silver gets hold of this... he'll be fuming :lol: :lol: :lol: Read Silver's first post in this thread on the word Tensor... it's just a name...

I don't know how they do it, but I can't see how you can get this feel in a rubber without some sort of tension.. I agree though that with enough tension between the topsheet and sponge, the sheet would be domed... perhaps there is not enough tension for it to dome, but enough to give it it's effect...

PostPosted: 18 May 2009, 00:03 

Hi Haggisv,
I don't think he should get upset, I am only supporting him when he says it is only a name, that it does not mean the top sheet is stretched.

Read more of the (recent) thread and you will find refferences to "stretching the top sheet". That is why my posts. I am trying to disprove this stretching of the top sheet as a myth. :D

Backhand, Sriver FX Max

PostPosted: 18 May 2009, 12:44 
I am Legend
I am Legend

grr

hah.

The old tensors (like old f1, old tango, etc) used to reverse dome a fair bit. Then when you glue it they domed like crazy. There used to be pages and pages of whinging about the old formula donic tensors and tango lifting off the blade.

These days they come out flat from the packet and don't really dome when you glue.

PostPosted: 29 May 2009, 23:09 

If 729 high Point is tensor, does anybody know if it is 3g, 4g or 5g? How will I identify it if it is 4g or 5g or whatever it is?

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2009, 05:05 
Super User

look at this ...... )(

if you glue and paste those 2 braces to make a flat surface, do yo thing they will not be in tension?
tensioned rubber doesn't have to be domed... or doomed :)

we don't know how ESN makes the tensors but we definitely know it has to do more with the topsheet than the sponge. And the tensor topsheets problem is not because its stretched (i doubt) or something... but more related to chemical property resulting in degradation of surface and loss of grip; which they have improved over years, but still long way to go.

ttevangelist... buddy, you will have to excuse me for a finding your logic funny :) ... of topsheet getting thin when stretched and degrading. why dont they start with a thicker topsheet then ;) ?

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2009, 16:44 

Mizuno now has some built-in speed glue effect rubbers:

Inverted Rubber:

Mizuno Plaudit
Mizuno Charge SS

Pips Out Rubber:

Booster SA
Booster EV

You can check out the entire line here:
http://www.iruiru.com/e/a.html#Mizuno

The Mizuno rubbers that have the built-in effect have a green "X" looking label that says "Pure Tension" on the package. It can be confusing because the non-effect rubbers are labeled at the top "Tension Type" but do not have the badge.

All of Mizuno's rubbers, Pure Tension or not, are made in Germany. I can NOT say that these are Tensor rubbers because they do not have the Tensor logo *but* Mizuno is a big company and can certainly afford the price to buy the Tensor name rights.

The only Pure Tension rubber I have played with is "Plaudit". It is the fastest of the Mizuno line. It has a nice click sound to it but the topsheet is fragile. The sponge is a white "Bryce-like" color. It was a relatively expensive sheet. Probably 45 USD or so. This rubber was on my backhand but it was like a rocket and I had no touch with it in the short game so it's off the blade. I played with and liked "Charge Pro" which has a nice dense sponge... I would like to try Charge SS if I get a chance.

It would be great if anyone could confirm if these rubbers are a Tensor or not. If somebody could tell me how I would do it myself.

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2010, 17:11 
Super User

Blade: Yasaka Sweden Classic ST
FH: Hurricane 3 41 black 2.2
BH: Hurricane 3 38 red 2.2
does anyone know what ESN actually stands for.

As for the idea of a built in speed glue effect, rubbish. All in the mind, kids thinking the super soft composition that makes the ball hit the blade easier - wow it sounds like glue.

NO - there never was any cork sound.

I wish I could just glue and play with old rubbers with speed glue again

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2010, 18:31 

boz wrote:
does anyone know what ESN actually stands for.

As for the idea of a built in speed glue effect, rubbish. All in the mind, kids thinking the super soft composition that makes the ball hit the blade easier - wow it sounds like glue.

NO - there never was any cork sound.

I wish I could just glue and play with old rubbers with speed glue again

Hi boz,
You can... just not in any "sanctioned" setting.

clinging is suffering! ;)

Contact

ESN Elastomer GmbH
ATT: tensor.de
Industriestraße 17
97461 Hofheim
Germany

Tel: +49 9523 95420

here's their email
[email protected]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next