OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 07:07

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Nov 2008, 09:29 

http://www.eacheng.com/index.php?act=de ... 7aa6535c3a

http://www.eacheng.com/index.php?act=de ... 7aa6535c3a

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Nov 2008, 20:49 
Super User

yummy... comes with glue and booster is nice...
but i wonder if it is legal

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29 Dec 2008, 23:42 
The Artist
The Artist

I have used this rubber for about 7 weeks now and thought I'd update the review with my longer term findings and feelings. Updates are displayed in red in the first post of this thread.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30 Dec 2008, 01:24 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Nice updates Brab. You'd be one of the few people who as come back and updated a review like this. I've done it a couple of times, but probably not as much as I should. Its really beneficial though I think that as you get more info on something (or a clearer view) that people aren't left with the murkier view only. Well done! And btw, you have just re-ignited my EJ spirit on this rubber! :twisted:

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30 Dec 2008, 15:51 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Blade: DHS Long 2
FH: Dianchi D
BH: Yinhe Pluto
It's interesting that you don't have hardness marking on you 08. Mine has markings (hardness & thickness) on both the packaging and on the sponge itself...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30 Dec 2008, 21:49 
The Artist
The Artist

Thanks, Reb. Now go spend on that rubber so you can feel whole again ;)

rokphish2 wrote:
It's interesting that you don't have hardness marking on you 08. Mine has markings (hardness & thickness) on both the packaging and on the sponge itself...

Yes, I dunno why not. The 729-5 I bought at the same time has both hardness and thickness marked, but only thickness on the 08. The 08 rubber was not delivered in the current packaging, but in a plastic sleeve. Dunno why, but it was advertised as without a paper sleeve on Eacheng when I got it. After they sold out the first batch, they now have proper paper sleeves displayed on the site. Maybe ithe first batch was delivered like that. I did buy it when it was just introduced so maybe it was a first batch meant for public testing?!

What hardnesses are available? Do you know?

BTW, feel free to add your thoughts about the rubber here, Rokphish. It would be good, IMHO.

Another thing, I will probably go visit some friends in Bandung next summer. Are you anywhere close to that? If so, we should play, have some gado gado and a kretek, perhaps? Hehehe ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31 Dec 2008, 01:13 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
brabhamista wrote:
Thanks, Reb. Now go spend on that rubber so you can feel whole again ;)

Actually I been reading a lot of reviews doing up the equipment index and I gotta say Higher III is very interesting. I'm wondering if anyone (esp. you Brab) has used it and can compare to 729-08?

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31 Dec 2008, 02:52 
The Artist
The Artist

Haven't tried Higher at all. The only rubbers I have tried beyond 729-08 and 729-5 are Yin He Venus, Mars and Dawei Inspirit Quattro. I have also hit with my GFs 729 Highpoint, Andro COR2 Emotion and Yin He Earth. Out of those rubbers, I am really only properly intimate with Venus - and who wouldn't like to be with a name like that? It sure beats Highpoint :P

Sorry, Rebo. Back to the drawing board you go. Or your nearest tt online shop ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Feb 2009, 04:44 

hookshot wrote:
Don't see either on Zeropong yet. I thought they would have everything. :?

It is now available at zeropong (US) as "729-08 Pre Tune" (since last week I think)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Feb 2009, 13:44 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

brabhamista wrote:
rokphish2 wrote:

What hardnesses are available? Do you know?

Another thing, I will probably go visit some friends in Bandung next summer. Are you anywhere close to that? If so, we should play, have some gado gado and a kretek, perhaps? Hehehe ;)

As far as i know there are three hardness: 43, 45, 47. Mine is the 47.

Let me know when you come... Perhaps I could be there. We could play and perhaps Aeoliah could join us. Also I could hook you up with other indonesian players who live there...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Feb 2009, 14:24 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Thanks for the update brabhamista!

It's quite unusual for 729 to offer (or mark) different sponge hardnesses... Zeropong does not indicate any sponge hardness options either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Feb 2009, 20:50 
Super User

pre tune?

I guess it should be the same as the "normal" 729-08

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Feb 2009, 23:46 
Super User

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_po ... =24147&KW=

729-08 pre-tuned?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Feb 2009, 06:20 
The Artist
The Artist

Hey charlesj.

The way I see it there are two options/answers: it is pretuned or it is not.
Here's what i found by looking around the web for info.

Info which suggests that it is pre-tuned:
It was available a few months back with tuner in China only as well as without. If there was a tuner then it is not unlikely 729 has gone down the same route as Haifu Whale II and factory tuned 08.
This may - depending on interpretation - to some extent be supported by Zeropongs blurb "This is the newer version of the sponge that does not require tuners for maximum performance."

Info which suggests that it isn't:
Zeropong says "This is the newer version of the sponge that does not require tuners for maximum performance." Can be interpreted as it features an entirely new version of sponge which has more "glue feel" to it, but not necessarily that it is being pre-tuned.

Interesting too that the new packaging shots on Zeropong, I love ping pong and Presports differ from the older version on Eacheng.

Encheng old pack shot:

Newer pack shoton Presport and Zeropong:

The newer pack shot features two new logos presumably for the sponge version and its spring technology, but no mention of "Store Energy". This makes me suspect that it isn't pre-tuned, but features a new sponge with improved sponge technology.

I think we would know by now if it was pre-tuned as it would be hyped the same way as Haifu Whale in my opinion. And it most definitively would be available advertised as pre-tuned and sold through Eacheng or other Chinese shops.

Rokphish: If you are reading this I see that Fareastsports http://www.fareastsports.com are selling 729-08 in 45 and 49 degrees spponge. Thought you might be interested as you wrote that are looking for a softer sponge than 47.

Also, please feel fre to add your thought on 729-08 here, Rok. Would be nice to haer your opinion as you are a far more experienced player than me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Feb 2009, 13:56 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Brabhamista... I haven't added anything because i haven't been playing with it since last time... Got sidetracked with other rubbers and blades... I will add more when i have the chance to play with it again (on softer blade)...
:P

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next