OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 21:11

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 23 Mar 2009, 00:28 
Two Winged Warrior

My beautiful Butterfly Boll Spirit has fallen on my desk, and an edge of my handle has broken of. :(
I have sanded it down hoping I could save the handle, but to no avail.
I tried a tennis grip, which was great for 3 matches, after that I have to change it. Isn't nice, get's sticky.

I had a little chat with my opponent yesterday, and he said something about Cork. I could buy some cork and then i just had to do some things, and I would have a great handle again.

I don't remember exactly what he said, and I don't know what to use in Google. Is there anyone of you who could help me? I love my Boll Spirit, and I would hate myself if I had to buy a new one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Mar 2009, 00:44 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Why didn't you just glue the edge of the handle back on? Was it half the handle, or was it a splinter of a half? If it came off falling on your desk I would have thought half the handle came off. This is easily fixed with some PVA woodglue and a clamp or even rubber bands. Just glue on the handle and on the bat frame where the handle goes and smear them together. Wipe away any excess and put in clamp or a couple of rubber bands around it and leave overnight. I've done this for a few people now who have had their handles fall apart at the club. The most recent one of them was actually a member of this forum! No, not Mars! :lol: :lol:

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Mar 2009, 02:51 
Two Winged Warrior

Drat, i can't find my camera anywhere.

Let's just say that this is my Boll Spirit :lol:. The red area has been chipped away by my desk. Unfortunantly i have trown everything away, it was such a mess.

The problem is that the area that was chipped isn't straight. Demonstrated with the picture below. It is possible to play, but I don't like it. So any suggestion would be most welcome.

On the left a normal handle, on the right mine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Mar 2009, 05:40 
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later

Blade: Donic Persson Power Play
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z3
BH: Tibhar Aurus Soft
Worst case, looks like one square centimeter chipped off. Gluing back on hte piece is the best, but you probably don't have the chip anymore, so here is an idea or two. There is a special all purpose glue from Emers called "Ultimate". There are also a few competing products like Gorilla Glue and such. They all work. What you do is use a few layers of the stuff one layer at a time to fill in the space that got chipped out. You can sand the stuff no problem afterwards. You could try your hand at staining the stuff to resemble your original, but it is simpler to cover it up with grip if you don't like the color. You could give fiberglass auto dent repair a go using the same principle. You can certainly paint that stuff. Either way, you can fix it for noithing if you have the stuff already or under $10. Last resort, you could always recycle the handles from a snapped off blade from your past if you saved the handle.

Status - Out of Business Janitor/Babysitter

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Mar 2009, 13:06 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Yep, I "wood" concur with Speedplay here. We call it wood putty here, but same thing I think. Or you could even get some liquid nails/construction adhesive which goes hard like rock and is fairly light and sandable and will stick in solidly. Just squeeze it into the hole so its proud around it and as it goes "off" shape it roughly to the rest of the handle and then sand it the rest of the way.

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Mar 2009, 16:42 
Two Winged Warrior

OK, thanks. I will try the wood paste.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Mar 2009, 02:55 
Super User

:shock:

That must have been a very high fall!

Oh my gawd. I haven't been on here since Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:52am
Stiga NCT Allround Wood : FH Tenergy 05 2.1 BH Bryce Speed 1.9

Nittaku Shellshock : Sriver FX 1.7/Feint Long II 0.5~~Darker 3Mai Gouban : Mark V 1.8/Solcion 1.9
Unused : Tenergy 64 1.9, Flextra 1.7, Micro 2.0, Mambo H 2.0, Mambo H 2.0, Reforma 2.0

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Mar 2009, 06:34 
Two Winged Warrior

Yes + a heavy desk = not good for a blade :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Mar 2009, 08:51 
Super User

:lol:

lolololololololololololololololololol
roflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflrofl
lolzlolzlolzlolzlolzlolzlolzlolzlolzlolz

*deep breath*

lolololololololololololololololololol
roflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflrofl
lolzlolzlolzlolzlolzlolzlolzlolzlolzlolz

:lol:

Nittaku Shellshock : Sriver FX 1.7/Feint Long II 0.5~~Darker 3Mai Gouban : Mark V 1.8/Solcion 1.9
Unused : Tenergy 64 1.9, Flextra 1.7, Micro 2.0, Mambo H 2.0, Mambo H 2.0, Reforma 2.0

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Mar 2009, 08:55 
Super User

{after several deep breaths and after calming down}

Yeah, wood putty or wood sealer does the job really well. I've knocked a chunk out of my handle (look in Reb's review list thing and its the Darker 3Mai Gouban) before on my beloved Darker and the wood sealer did the job great!

Well.....the Timo Boll blade might not retain its superb looks as its.................well................blue while the one for my Darker was natural wood colour.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Mar 2009, 09:57 

one of my local forum have this :
http://borkoandson.com/

they used to made blade for juic and now that can help us to custom made or repair blade . this is a pics of what they done to my member :
email : [email protected]
you can email him first for the price/repair cost and your case see if they can give u a helping hands . :wink:

729 battle II
Evolution FX-P PRO player version

un-use blade :viscaria ,adolescent,pete korbel ST , Amadeus FL

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Mar 2009, 15:04 
Do you feel lucky (young) punk?
Do you feel lucky (young) punk?

Blade: Juic Hinoki One Ply
FH: Tibhar 5Q
BH: Scandal
For those of you that do not work with wood very much, wood putty is made to stick to wood. Most glues will stick to wood but,,,they may not stick to each other. If you use a glue first and it is not compatable with the wood putty, you will create a weak layer. Best to just use the wood putty. If it is a mineral based putty, it can be colored with oil paint. :D

Backhand, Sriver FX Max

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Mar 2009, 15:44 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Yes good tip Hookshot. Actually that's why I suggested the construction adhesive might work well because its wood coloured, its strongly adhesive and it goes rock hard when it sets. Putty can fall out (especially when it has aged a bit) as its adhesive properties are ok, but not as good as construction adhesive. The CA may just be a little harder to work with but I think would yield a better result overall.