OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 12 May 2024, 20:50

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 01 Jul 2007, 00:39 

HI All,

I am new here, how are you guys?

Rather than harassing Alex & Luna every time I got a qs, I thought I should come on the forum and seek everyone's wisdom.

I currently have this Banda "Waldi" rubber on my FH and am seeking a Chinese rubber replacement of it since I don’t think Banda is making rubbers anymore.

- Appearances of the rubber:
This rubber has a cream/white sponge (guessing its German sponge) and a thin layer of rubber (grippy but not tacky).

- Characteristics of the rubber:
Not as firm as the Chinese rubber yet not as springy as the Japanese sponges (which I dislike anyway). It has a relatively low throw and with a euro style drive, you can feel the ball staying on the bat.

- Playing style:
Switched from J-Pen to shakehand; stay relatively close to the table, block and hit with BH (am trying short pimple right now), drive and counter/block wiz FH. Don’t get too far back from the table, wiz my old age, cant move quick enough, besides don’t have the reach neither.
Haven’t played TT for more than 10 yrs now, and just started again. So came into the big ball, illegal cover serve and 11 points system era, which stresses me a bit since I rely quite heavily on serve & 3rd ball attack.

Anyway, I am looking for a similar rubber to the Waldi, but maybe a bit firmer for smash.

So far, I have tried Globe 999 national (black), JUIC 999, H2 but don’t seem to be able to find that feel.

Globe 999 Nt - as said by Alex in another post, its rather hard to block and counter hit/drive close to the table. I found it to be both tacky and grippy and sends the ball too high and out but its excellent when away from the table, a semi decent drive would do the damage.

JUIC 999 – feels like a JP rubber that is too springy for my liking

H2 – would be a good replacement for my backhand replacing 729FX

Your suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

PS. I don’t speed glue, when I was abt to quit that’s when speed glue 1st came on but I do glue the rubber a few times until I get the feel right.

Cheers,
H

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Jul 2007, 06:02 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Photino for now
FH: Haifu Blue Whale for now
BH: Donic Bluefire for now
From what you are describing I would definitely look into the Dawei rubbers for sure. If you want a slightly more Euro type rubber the Inspirit, Saviga are what you are looking for. If you are looking for a more Japanese type of feel the Gambler Six Shooter is a really good one for you. If you want a rubber that's more of euro/jap feel and speed but with some Chinese type tack surface this is more rare, but Gambler Aces is a good one also just to expirament Dawei 2008 XP which is about the cheapest rubber on the planet to get absolutely blew me away in quality for a $5 rubber. I hope this helps you bud.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Jul 2007, 14:04 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Welcome to the forum ckhugo!

Skippy offered some good suggestion, although I'm not sure if you'll find them a little soft...

Other options are:
729 Focus I, II (virtually non-tacky)
DHS Dipper (virtually non-tacky)
Dawei Sprungfeder G3 A-4 (a little tacky though)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Jul 2007, 19:20 

Thanks Guys,

So far, from the comments and a little research, it seems that Focus 2 & 1 (not quite sure the differences btw the 2) would be the top pick followed by 388A-4 SPRUNGFEDER, Inspirit & SPRUNGFEDER G3 A2.

I am still quite interested in Kokutaku Tulpe 007 rubber (German spg) & 868 (german sponge) - anyone have tried these?

Cheers,

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Jul 2007, 22:52 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Photino for now
FH: Haifu Blue Whale for now
BH: Donic Bluefire for now
You have already tried three high throw rubbers. 007 from what I hear is a pretty high throw rubber as well. You indicated that you would like something a bit lower throw. That's why I suggested the Dawei rubbers. Haggis' suggestions are good too. Focus I, or II are really nice suggestions. I would try one of these before you try the 007 cause 007 doesn't sound a heck of alot like what you want. It does however sounds alot like everything you have tried thus far.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Jul 2007, 14:01 

Once again, thanks guys.

Has anyone tried both Focus 1 & 2? How are they differ?

Cheers,

H

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Jul 2007, 17:59 
Super User

ckhugo wrote:
Once again, thanks guys.

Has anyone tried both Focus 1 & 2? How are they differ?

Cheers,

H

http://forum.oneofakindtrading.com.au/v ... c&start=15

follow that thread - there is a lot of information

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!