OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 23:30

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 27 Jun 2016, 16:21 

Blade: Dhs long 3 7ply
FH: Hurricane 3 neo bue
BH: Tenergy 64
Depends on a type of rubber and what kind of block u need. I would devide them into 2 large groups sticky like chinese or gripy like tenergy? So for grippy rubbers you want softer sponge and softer topsheet. Tenergy 64fx makes the best blocking rubber. The ball goes into the topsheet and sponge easier thus making the exit angle more straight. Fx tenergy 64 is also good for opening loops for underspin. Though ot has lower throa than regular 64 the softer sponge makes it easier to loop the backspin maybe because of the extra dwell time. So tenergy 64fx is the best blocking rubber. Where it realy sucks is when u go backhand to backhand topsin drives. Softer sponge is not only generating less spin but it is making looping more difficult because whenever the ball goes too deep into the rubber forget about looping. It will go inside and come out straight and u will have a feeling like u are throwing the ball to the other side by grabing it instead of skimming it. Also boosting your regular 64 will make ot feel exactly like 64 fx but faster. So there is no need to go for fx version. For grippy rubbers they are not sensitive to incoming spin so any hard rubber will do the job but the result of your block will be very shity because chinese rubbers are slow compared to tenergies. And slow block is like slow death. So from grippy rubbers evolution series will do better job. To sum it up of you want that rubber only and only for blocking than tenergy 64fx. I am talking about pure block close to the table with no topspin drive . if you are planning to drive kt back 64 if you can even loop it back then 05. 05 is not going to be as good for opdning loop or banana flick because of oits hard topsheet .

PostPosted: 28 Jun 2016, 02:01 
Super User

Blade: Donic Waldner WC 89 FL
FH: Donic BlueStar A2 Red Max
BH: DMS Firestorm Black 1.8
If you are looking for something slightly more forgiving than Tenergy, try Butterfly Catapult 1.9 mm. Less spin sensitive on serve receive and blocking, softer sponge, but great topsheet for generating spin.

PostPosted: 28 Jun 2016, 04:00 
Reverse Psychologist
Reverse Psychologist

Blade: Victas Matsushita Off
FH: Tibhar EL-s 1.9
BH: Victas Curl P1V 1.0
Easy. The player!

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2016, 20:49 

Blade: Dr.Neuberg BullDo
FH: Leopard 1.8
BH: Acuda Blue P2
I am blocker and attacker in my own rights . Have been emulating Samsonov from past 8 years now and have a belief that I have picked significant aspects of blocking.

I have been using Texo C7 blade from long time , with various different rubbers on this blade. Currently I am using Acuda Blue P1 on my backhand and Acuda Blue P2 on my forehand with Max thickness . Both these rubbers provide very good on the bounce control which allow me to do fast blocks and rush my opponents .
What I agree with is That blade is an important component rather than rubber in blocking scenarios? I say this because I have used same setup of rubbers on another blade - Tibhar CCA . and I do not get same kind of control with those rubbers .
So as somebody pointed out earlier in the thread - A plank with soft feel and more control is what going to help you improve your blocking game rather than a hard or soft rubber.

I always believe that the plank control can be enhanced or reduced by using right rubbers - and plank is what helps blockers more than the rubbers.

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2016, 23:46 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Wow, this is an old thread dug up from the depths...but still a goodie!

I've found, in terms of inverted, the best blocking rubbers tend to have soft sponge...almost to the point of "the softer the better". However, that gets to a point where the rubber may be great for blocking, but not much good for anything else....in which case its probably not the "best blocking rubber" because few people's games are solely based on blocking. Roxon 330 is a great example of a great blocking rubber, but its sponge is so soft, its hard to generate pace for other shots. So I'd say, the best blocking rubber is the one which has a soft enough sponge tat lets you take the pace from the ball enough to direct it back to the other side, without taking so much pace that it gives the opponent an easy ball to work with (preferably it sends back a ball that is past the opponent while they're still finishing their swing). At this level of sponge hardness, the rubber is likely to do everything else pretty well too...provided the topsheet provides a level of grip that works in with the sponge.

The Regalis Blue that Haggisv sent me for review (and I've ended up keeping on my primary blade) is a pretty good example of a good blocking rubber IMO.

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.