OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 14:53

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 11 May 2010, 14:21 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
I got a few of these sheets, and would be happy to pass around some new sheets for free, so that we can get a good view of what this rubber is like. I don't feel I'm qualified to do a good review on this rubber, so I'd rather get the opinion of others that have some experience with rubbers like this. Please let me know of you'd like to test and review a free sample... I only ask that (1) you pay for postage and (2) you have some knowledge/experience with these types of rubbers to be able to review this rubber here, so that the review can help others.

Pips texture on tops

Back of the sheet:

There are 3 version of this rubber, C1, C2 and CF, I have a red and black sheet (OX) of each. Physical size and shape of the sheets and pips look identical, but there difference is in the hardness of the material. The CF is quite soft, the C1 quite hard and the C2 in between. The pictures are of the C1. All 3 look of good quality, and are ITTF approved.

Rough measurements of the sheet gave me a basesheet thickness of ~0.5mm and pip length of ~1mm, making this pretty much a medium pip. Since it only seems to come in OX, and the basesheet looks reinforced/textured, this certainly looks meant for a hardbat styles.

Perhaps someone here has already tried it and can tell us a little about it?

PostPosted: 12 May 2010, 06:45 
Dances with Spammers
Dances with Spammers

Blade: Darker Speed 90 Jpen
FH: Dawei Inspirit Quattro UL
Haggis, if you keep on distributing these sheets you will have to change your nick to Santa Claus. And it's not even Christmas yet.
I have never played harbat unless we count the kiddie table tennis with cheap pips out premades. The videos I am sure make hardbat look much easier than it is. I am sure some hardbat players would love the chance to test this rubber, and I would bs interested in the review just to understand a but about how it is different from inverted play, which I am sure is a lot.
Santa! :P

Local Press Club (Journalists) Champion

The speed of a Rhino and the power of a Gazelle!!!!
http://xtrariter.blogspot.com

PostPosted: 15 May 2010, 17:13 
Chop, Rock, & Roll

Experience with Friendship 802 OX, andro classic, BTY ortodhox and Barna would be classified as valid experience? If so, I would love to test a pair of classique CF (that way I can get my OOAK team shirt too!).

PostPosted: 16 May 2010, 11:50 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

NiTTaKu wrote:
Experience with Friendship 802 OX, andro classic, BTY ortodhox and Barna would be classified as valid experience? If so, I would love to test a pair of classique CF (that way I can get my OOAK team shirt too!).

Sounds like you're well and truely qualified to me!

PostPosted: 27 May 2010, 20:49 
Chop, Rock, & Roll

Received C1 and CF today, I'll glue them to my hardbat blade (Armstrong Takusho DEF blade, 5 ply, outer hinoki plies) and start testing this noon.

As the initial impressions, comparing them to the actual 802 I've got glued to the bat, those AIR seem thin at the basesheet, back is textured but seems not to be reinforced as the rubber stays pretty flexible. As haggisv said, they seem more a MP than a SP, thin straight pips from base to top and not small.

PostPosted: 28 May 2010, 06:42 
Chop, Rock, & Roll

Ok, just returned from the first session using Air Neo Classique and got pretty impressed about the rubber.

First I will say, AIR Neo Classique is not similar in any way to the classic hardbat rubbers, pips are thinner and taller than barna original, BTY orthodox or andro classic. My dad resumed it on one phrase, "inverted responsiveness, OX short pip control", told me those rubbers have far more control than regular "classic" style hardbat rubbers. Considering that he's the one who learned playing TT with an old Barna Dunlop Original and he's more used to play with OX short pips, I would trust his word without a doubt.

CF is the fastest on the bounce test and at the table, C1 is pretty dead in comparison. Both have good spin (not inverted level, obviously) and they can chop quite well when you give it enough force to the stroke.

As the bat I used to test the rubbers is flexy and soft, I had problems controlling CF because it has some kind of dwell time, unusual to this type of rubbers. Same stroke, balls keep flying out of the table and it's a lil' bit hard to control. This model excels at attacking & counters, it has a wonderful control counterhitting first loops and will land counters far away from the table without too much problems. Chops OK, can create sidespin but less control than C1.

I will give this rubber to my dad as he tried them too and like CF so much, he said he would change from Bomb Talent to this one as he gets fast response and control, and he will keep using it this summer, so he can see if this one fits him better than BT. He surely can hit with it, and gave me some nasty blocks that tend to sink down after the bounce. His comment was "I feel that I can put the ball through the net where I want it to be, but using BT I keep netting balls when chopping and I'm not sure if the stroke was right or not. With this one I can be sure from the moment the ball goes out of the blade if it would land on the other side".

C1 is the same beast as CF (same structure & size), but pips are much harder, and I can say this changes the way it plays and the strokes you can play. If I could describe C1 with a word, it would be "control". From the first strokes I made with it, it was pretty clear that this rubber packed so much control inside, it seems near impossible to miss anything (talking about hardbat ;) ). Flat hits stay low, you can hit with it if the ball is a bit higher than the net. It could be used with inverted strokes on backhand, doing regular BH drills isn't a problem with this rubber.

The main "down" with this rubber (C1) is, it's pretty dead. Explaining it further, if you block with CF the ball sinks on the other side of the table, C1 puts a dead ball on the other side so you have to keep the ball low every time to ensure you won't be getting a rocket back, especially if you're not playing against hardbatters. On the other side, it favours active strokes and positive playing, as you can't play passively with it.

So, considering my dad would try extensively Classique CF this summer, I will give it a try to C1 combining it with some red Inverted, let's see if this rubber can keep up with the good feeling it inspires from the start.

PostPosted: 28 May 2010, 06:49 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Nice review NiTTaKu, thanks a lot!