OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 01:58

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2010, 17:03 

Hi you hardbat experts.
I'm not a classic hardbat player, but I play inverted on my forehand and a Bty Raystorm ox on my backhand. BtyRaystorm is not available without sponge and so I had to remove the sponge (using the ironing method). I was told that it is not according to the ITTF rules to treat the racket covering in any way, i.e. removing the sponge is officially not allowed. I have tried a lot of other ox-rubbers (TSP Miracle, Friendship 799, Friendship 802-40, Tuple 119...), but none of them was as good as the Raystorm.
My focus is on control rather than on disturbing effect, so I would like to have a relatively soft and spinny hardbat rubber with very short pimples. Everything should be possible with it (block, chop and a little bit of topspin as well) Which one would you recommend me?

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2010, 12:56 

If you want a good hardbat rubber then either Andro Classic or Yasaka A1-A2 (A1). If you live and play in the US the best hardbat rubber which is not ITTF approved but is USATT approved is Valor Premier - CL.

CHEERS!

FH: Valor Premier - Sponge
BH: Globe 979 LP OX
http://www.valortabletennis.com

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2010, 03:53 

gnopgnipster wrote:
If you want a good hardbat rubber then either Andro Classic or Yasaka A1-A2 (A1). If you live and play in the US the best hardbat rubber which is not ITTF approved but is USATT approved is Valor Premier - CL.

CHEERS!

Unfortunately, I can only use an ITTF approved one, because I live (and play) in Germany. Which one is spinnier, Andro Classic or YASAKA A1-A2?

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2010, 04:06 

Yasaka A1-2 (A2) is spinnier than Yasaka A1-2 (A1). Both of these rubers are spinnier than Andro which is a "Classic" rubber. I have some additional information on my website: www.valortabletennis.com

CHEERS!

FH: Valor Premier - Sponge
BH: Globe 979 LP OX
http://www.valortabletennis.com

PostPosted: 15 Dec 2010, 05:46 

Pistol Pete, if you live in Germany, you can easily find Dr Neubauer's rubbers, and the Tornado Ultra is a spinny short pips rubber that exists in Ox : http://www.drneubauer.com/shop.php?cat= ... de&prod=10 . There's also the Leopard rubber : http://www.drneubauer.com/shop.php?cat= ... de&prod=11

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2011, 21:32 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Some of the spinniest OX rubbers are TSP Miracle, Winning NP-8 and Friendship 802-40.

All are available OX.

Spintech All Around Penhold blade
Spinlord Keiler II 1.5 black
Nittaku FastArc G1 red

729 all around blade
Tibhar Grass D-Tec S Red
Nittaku FastArc G1 black

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2011, 01:13 
Devil may cry
Devil may cry

Yasaka cobalt a, is very spiny.
Welcome to th forum!

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2011, 02:14 
Blockhead
Blockhead

Blade: Timo Boll ALC ST
FH: Tibhar MXP max
BH: Tibhar FXS 1.8
I thought removing a sponge and using a pimples out rubber OX was perfectly legal ?

185g

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2011, 07:07 
Super User

Pistol Pete wrote:
Hi you hardbat experts.
I'm not a classic hardbat player, but I play inverted on my forehand and a Bty Raystorm ox on my backhand. BtyRaystorm is not available without sponge and so I had to remove the sponge (using the ironing method). I was told that it is not according to the ITTF rules to treat the racket covering in any way, i.e. removing the sponge is officially not allowed. I have tried a lot of other ox-rubbers (TSP Miracle, Friendship 799, Friendship 802-40, Tuple 119...), but none of them was as good as the Raystorm.
My focus is on control rather than on disturbing effect, so I would like to have a relatively soft and spinny hardbat rubber with very short pimples. Everything should be possible with it (block, chop and a little bit of topspin as well) Which one would you recommend me?

When the rules refer to treating the racket covering, they are specifically referring to the component that the ITTF actually approves. The ITTF only approves the rubber topsheet. They do not specifically approve the sponge rubber. The sponge rubber only needs to meet the general definition of sponge rubber. So if you can remove the sponge from your Raystorm without altering the playing characteristics of the pimpled topsheet itself, then you are perfectly within the rules. Removing the sponge is no more a modification than is adding the sponge - since rubbers are never approved with sponge.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!