OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 10:24

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2013, 01:29 

Elena Shkrab of the Top Spin Table Tennis club in Toronto is strongly considering holding the first rated (Scott Gordon has kindly consented to rate it) hardbat tournament in Canada. The tournament would take place the weekend of August 10 and August 11, and would be in conjunction with a Table Tennis Canada sanctioned sponge tournament on August 11. She is considering one open hardbat section and one under 2000 hardbat section.

Elena has requested that I solicit opinions from U.S. based hardbat players before she commits to it, however. Her questions are, first, are you likely to come to Toronto for such a tournament, and second, if you are interested, given that the sponge tournament would start on Sunday morning (say 9:30 or 10 am), would you prefer that the hardbat events occur on Saturday afternoon (say 2:00 start for the under 2000 event and 3:00 for the open event) or Sunday afternoon following the sponge event (say 2:00 for the open & 3:00 for the under 2000).

As an aside, whichever day she makes it, you might want to consider spending the weekend, since Toronto is very pleasant in the summer. Regardless, please contact Elena directly to let her know whether you have an interest at [email protected] .

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2013, 15:05 
Super User

I'm a houseleaguer for a Toronto east end club. I have no idea about the number of official tournaments held in Toronto whether international or local and at what level, whether professional or sub-professional. But I've seen some vids about the topspin club which is in the west end, looks like a great place to have a tournament.

Good Luck.