OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 23:48

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Dr Evil,
PostPosted: 11 Feb 2008, 15:37 
Do you feel lucky (young) punk?

Blade: Juic Hinoki One Ply
FH: Tibhar 5Q
BH: Scandal
I have one student that has improved faster than any other. He has a nice loop and counter loop. Now I am showing him the rest of the game. He is picking up on the pushing, blocking and reading serves but the place he is lacking the most was hitting incomming chops.
I don't chop very much in tourneys preferring to hold the table and offence but I can chop very well.
We have been working on his hitting chops and I am chopping away from the table with Dr Evil OX. It is easy to float low balls back with the Evil. The amount of chop depends alot on how much spin he has on the loop drive. Two weeks ago, he could not return one chop. Now he is making 5 or 6 in a row. These are chops against hard loop drives.
We have started working on returning blocks with Evil. He has learned to take some speed off and use more spin for these blocks. Today I was twiddling Every shot and he had to keep track of what I was doing. He is definatly the best student I have had in years. The Dr Evil OX is proving to be a very good training aid as well as helping me with my game. Dr Evil is probably my favorite pip for control. :D

Backhand, Sriver FX Max

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Feb 2008, 02:49 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

I try to play aginst some of my students with pips to give them an idea of how to deal with long pips. I usually play with short pips, but they don't give a very "weird" ball, so I tried to play with Juic Leggy, 755 Faster, Galaxy 955 but found them all hard to control.

Dr. Evil gives far better control and has the slowness that is important when playing vs OX players. It can also return some spin on blocks versus heavy loops, so they can get a taste of that kind of ball too.

Spintech All Around Penhold blade
Spinlord Keiler II 1.5 black
Nittaku FastArc G1 red

729 all around blade
Tibhar Grass D-Tec S Red
Nittaku FastArc G1 black

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Jun 2008, 13:30 
For your Long A's Only
For your Long A's Only

Blade: BBC Doubl Diamond
FH: Prasidha Tokyo Max
BH: RITC 755 OX
WEll Hookshot, I have finally played today with Dr Evil OX on my newly acquired MC1 (from MetalMonkey) and 802-40 1.8 on forehand. Had about an hour of hitting and chopping and another hour of serves, receive serves and then play out the points.

I have been thinking out loud for a while now, once you can play your own friction long pip (mine was Long A 1.1) efficiently, you can basically play another long or shot pip in a very short time. Today, after not playing table tennis for more than a week, it only took me 2 hits on each side to find my blade angles for BH and FH, all during warm up.

MC1 is very fast, a good combination with the slow Dr Evil OX on bh and fast 802-40 on the fh. I especially like the chopped ball against looping, the faster the better, the ball just zooms back with a mean underspin. Pick hitting against any pushes were fun and pretty reliable with some strange trajectory. Flat hitting is dead fast too, I guess is due to the fast blade.

The 802-40 1.8 can produce very good underspin serves indeed, George, my practice partner, still from time to time, dump his returns in the bottom of the net. I just have to remember not to hit with a close blade. Chopping away from table is easy, I don't really have to change any blade angle when compared to chopping with invert, I use a lot of wrist.

Well, so far, after hitting with this setup for 1.5 hours today, I like it and can play with it. This setup also gave George some big problems (he get used to my long pip bh hitting), it took him a while to adjust to the speed and the amount of spins.

Tomorrow, I will try the other setup which consist of H3 2.2 in fh, RITC 804 1.0 anti on bh. I have never played anti in my life, so I don't know what to expect. Will try to read up some of the anti articles tonight and will see what happens.

So far, today, my prefer setup is still R*1 with 802-40 2.2 on fh and Feintsoft 1.3 on bh. Long A 1.1 is an alternate LP rubber for my bh unless FeintSoft will not last long.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Jun 2008, 13:54 

Hi Tatlwai,
Glad you concur with my findings. Main difference is I find 802-40 slow compared to what I like even on a fast blade.
If I could find an anti as slow as Evil OX, I would use it but even BTY anti is faster than Evil. :D

Backhand, Sriver FX Max

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Jun 2008, 14:47 
For your Long A's Only
For your Long A's Only

Blade: BBC Doubl Diamond
FH: Prasidha Tokyo Max
BH: RITC 755 OX
This 802-40 2.2 has the special super soft 35 deg pro sponge, it is pretty fast for flat hitting for me.

Wow, if this 802-40 2.2 is slow in comparison to yours, yours must have been lighting fast, no wonder your hits hurt people. Is Venus that fast? Thickness?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Jun 2008, 16:15 

Venus is faster than 802-40. Energy is faster than Venus. Only reason I am not using Energy is the price. Venus plays very similar to Energy, just slower. I have the same 802 as you. (and another one) Venus and 802 require different strokes. All my rubbers have max sponge. :D

Backhand, Sriver FX Max