OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 15:52

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2499 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150 ... 167  Next
 Post subject: Re: Introduce yourself
PostPosted: 25 Apr 2017, 21:41 

Blade: Andro CSV Off+
FH: Tenergy 05 2.1
BH: Tenergy 64 1.9
Hello everyone,

I'm Ashin, table tennis player from Belgium.
I played a lot in club when I was younger (from 8 to 12 then 15 to 18), did some competition and got ranked.
Then I stopped playing at university, lacking the time to properly train and only started playing again 2 month ago, after an almost 20 years long pause.
I intend to start competition again in september with the new season.

I consider myself a classic attacker, but right now I'm just trying to get back on board and find consistency. And though it's coming back faster than I expected, I struggle to get my FH loop back on track, compared to the rest. Maybe because I started playing tennis (and still do) during my long hiatus...

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 01 May 2017, 21:06 

Blade: Stiga Carbonado
FH: Tibhar Evolution MX-P
BH: Tibhar Evolution MX-P
'Evening all

My name is Paul - I played professionally for over 12 years and have 20+ national titles, a number of Oceania titles, am an Olympian and a former National Team Coach and Team Manager (at 2 Olympics) as well as a Level 3 Coach. I played professionally in Germany and Spain in my time and spent many a months training in China and Europe.

I retired in early 2000's and had a break for a number of years whilst I went back to university whilst having a young family. I was heavily involved in coaching from 2006 onwards and started to get the bug back in 2012ish.....have been competing on the veterans scene since then and have taken a few more national titles (which surprises me).

I love the game of TT - it has been my life - my focus is on creating an environment within my state that enables more people to experience the wonderful game as well as provide a pathway for those that want to enter the elite pathways. First time forum user.....

PostPosted: 02 May 2017, 07:22 
Bytes worse than his Bark
Bytes worse than his Bark

Blade: OldNittaku Carbon
FH: Tenergy 05 Hard
BH: Yasaka Shining Dragon max
Welcome Langersx2. You may or may not know that a couple of other former Olympians post here - William Henzell occasionally and Brett Clarke a bit more often. Largely we are amateurs, and there are a lot of pimples and anti users here. I myself am a double inverted user as per my user name. What are you opinions on the rule changes since you started playing? Feel free to contribute.

PostPosted: 02 May 2017, 22:08 

Blade: Stiga Carbonado
FH: Tibhar Evolution MX-P
BH: Tibhar Evolution MX-P
Thanks Retriever - I am new to this but have always watched this forum from afar. Yes I know William well and Brett from our competitivee days....

Wow rule changes - there has been a lot of them. I am not sure where to start......I will start by commenting on the most recent rule change re: advice in between points. I dont mind that to be honest - it will take some time for players to get used to it however I think potentially it can add some extra noise and atmosphere to an event - I really looked forward to watching this evolve and seeing it in action.

As far as the other major change, plastic balls, well I have not noticed a huge difference to be honest - I think if there is any difference it is marginal and we are all used to it now. I would have thought, considering how highly tuned TT players are, that the impact may have been larger - the issue is the resilience of the balls. They obviously do not last that long.......

Anyway, thanks for the welcome and I look to conversing on this blog :)

PostPosted: 02 May 2017, 23:42 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Great to have you aboard Paul! :rock: :rock: :rock:

PostPosted: 06 May 2017, 00:37 

Blade: Yasaka Sweden Extra
FH: DHS Neo Skyline 2 2.15mm
BH: Donic Acuda S3 max
Hi,

I'm from the UK and and have only recently contracted TT fever. I'm told it's terminal :| So here's a bit about TT and me:

I'm 49 and have been playing 'seriously' since late last year. Before then I played occasionally as a kid (no coaching whatever) but hadn't touched a bat since I was about 22. I basically 'forgot' about the game for 25 plus years.

I'm not really sure why I suddenly thought it would be a good idea to start playing last year but I've been going through the time-honoured rites of passage that many have gone through before:

1. joining a club for the first time
2. buying a bat (scratches head)
3. getting my ass kicked by old guys, young guys, ladies, kids etc etc :@
4. choosing new rubbers (scratches head even more) :?:
5. about to play my first competitive league matches :sweat:

What's my playing style? At first I don't think I could have told you but after 8 months of playing 4 hours a week I think I can boil it down to this:

1. fairly close to the table
2. backhand block and occasional top spin attack
3. attacking flattish forehand, but trying to add more loop
4. serve - probably best part of my game and improving fast

Hate playing against pushers and choppers but gradually getting better at this. Not afraid of top spin or speed coming at me - even if I lose I still enjoy playing against top spin much more than back spin.

That's about it - looking forward to chatting on the forum. So much catching up to do :)

Yasaka Sweden Extra FH: DHS Skyline Neo 2 2.15mm BH: Donic Acuda S3 max
Donic Waldner Exclusive AR+ Palio Hidden Dragon 2.2 x 2

PostPosted: 08 May 2017, 22:57 

Blade: offensive
FH: offensive
BH: offensive
Hello all
I am Rogerson I am from NY I play with friends at our office club I am noob in TT just started 4 months ago I am designer by profession

PostPosted: 09 May 2017, 19:55 

Blade: Spinlord Defender II
FH: Spinlord Marder II 1.5 mm
BH: Spinlord Marder II 1.5 mm
Hi all,

I played table tennis in Holland (Dutch Junior League) for about 7 years when i was younger.
Then i had a little break of about ten years, but recently i decided to join my old club again and start playing.
I also plan on playing league games next season and i am preparing for that now. A few of my old (junior league) team mates have gone through the same process, but they started playing 2 years ago, so they're a bit ahead of me now.

I'm still figuring out what style of playing best suits me. I've always had a strong and consistent backhand block and my forehand topspin was never really my best shot. I see now that i probably had a too fast blade back then. Because since i bought a new blade (Sanwei m8) and rubbers (Basic 729 friendship 'Batwings') I am much more consistent and am much better at keeping the ball on the table.

I'm also a bit of an EJ (don't know if that's an advantage or a disadvantage :lol: ), so I've thusfar bought 4 blades and different sets of rubbers (cheap chinese tacky ones and also a LP,SP and MP rubber - Maybe I'll walk over to the darkside... :devil: )

For now my plan is to choose the blade and rubbers that suit me best and stick with it for at least till this summer to improve my overall game.

PostPosted: 11 May 2017, 05:43 

Blade: Nittaku Acoustic
FH: Hurricane 3 Neo (max)
BH: Rakza 7 (max)
Hello!
I'm Edson from NYC, I started playing 6 months ago. I usually go to Wang Chen to play, and participates on some tournaments at sPin!

PostPosted: 11 May 2017, 20:53 

Hi all,

I'm from India, 27 yrs old. Play TT at my office during breaks. I'm a beginner and have been playing for a year, I play with a GKI Kung Fu DX racquet.

My game is pretty much defensive, I just do chop or push the ball until the opposition gets irritated and attempts a shot and misses.

I've just started doing forehand topspin and backhand rolls(that's what I call it), I'm actually quite keen to improve my topspin.

PostPosted: 13 May 2017, 18:38 
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later

Blade: Donic Persson Power Play
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z3
BH: Tibhar Aurus Soft
Of all the years I have been om this forum, I never really noticed anyone using OOAK as part of their forum name from the get-go. Have at it my man.

Status - Out of Business Janitor/Babysitter

PostPosted: 14 May 2017, 23:33 

Blade: BBC Nine
FH: Andro Rasanter R47 - Max
BH: Nittaku Best Anti - 1.8
ooak1102 wrote:
Hi all,

I'm from India, 27 yrs old. Play TT at my office during breaks. I'm a beginner and have been playing for a year, I play with a GKI Kung Fu DX racquet.

My game is pretty much defensive, I just do chop or push the ball until the opposition gets irritated and attempts a shot and misses.

I've just started doing forehand topspin and backhand rolls(that's what I call it), I'm actually quite keen to improve my topspin.

Hi ooak1102, Which City in India are you from?

PostPosted: 18 May 2017, 12:14 

Blade: Nittaku Acute
FH: Butterfly Rozena
BH: None
Hi, my name is Francis

I'm currently 15 years old, I started playing at age 10, when my father bought table tennis stuff(a table, and hobby bats)

Five years after, I am now training table tennis at school. I occasionally play at a table tennis club near us. Most of the time, I play with my father, he thought me most of the things I know about table tennis.

As for now, I'm using a Nittaku Acute(traditional jpen blade), with Rozena. It's a gift from my parents :)

I'm a one-wing looper, since I'm using a traditional jpen blade. But, I'll strive to learn RPB in the future.

PostPosted: 28 May 2017, 20:13 

Blade: Custom
FH: Xiom OVT
BH: 388d1 OX
Hi all, my name is Felix

I'm 17 years old on 16 June . I have Boost TC (FH) and Dr Neubauer Aggressor (BH) stick on HRT Clipper 2091 .

With Aggressor in my backhand , you can definitely guess how I play . Serve , side swipe , forehand fast topspin , backhand block , backhand lifting .

That's for now . Thank you haggisv

PostPosted: 15 Jun 2017, 21:14 

Blade: Viscaria
FH: H3 Neo
BH: Phantom 12
Newbie here in the forum but a veteran club player for more tan 30 years.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2499 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150 ... 167  Next