OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 20:39

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2011, 03:07 

http://www.arbinada.com/main/node/1100

any body would help me to translate it to english version??
thx,,

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2011, 06:19 
Kim Is My Shadow
Kim Is My Shadow

Blade: ?
FH: ?
BH: ?
copy the http:// for the page you want translating and paste it in to google translater - which you can find by googling "google translation". Select Russian to English. Not brilliant translation but it's easy to do and it's a start.

Using this method you should get this:

http://translate.google.com/translate?j ... ode%2F1100

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2011, 10:02 

I have tried it br0.. not good enough... some sentences make me confused.. hahahaha,,

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2011, 10:35 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
So it's in Russian?

Perhaps if you include in the title that you need a Russian translator, one of our Russian speaking members might be willing to help out?

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2011, 03:43 
Super User

Blade: Sanwei Fextra 7
FH: PALIO AK47 Red
BH: Dr. Neubauer K.O. Pro 1.5
[Andro Fibercomb Def is very popular among born in USSR players. Defenders may try to explore Russian http://def.kondopoga.ru/ site.

My non professional translation of the article , with my own comments in brackets:]

Blade for active defense: soft, but fast relative to JOOLA Toni Hold White Spot.

I prefer soft blades. I cannot make sufficiently strong chop with inverted on a hard and relatively fast for defense blade like Joola Chen Weixing. Anyway hard "defense" blades are actually allround (ALL) blades that are not designed for chopping with inverted. On such blades chopping is doing with pips and inverted rubber is used for fishes [?], counter-drives, counter-loops [loop against loop] or flat hits. Such blades (Joola CWX or BTY Joo Se Huyk) designed players shifting from offensive style to "semi-defense" [modern defense], but not from classical defense with repeated chops.

I am appreciate control of Toni Hold White Spot blade, but often I need more speed for counter-attack possibility. The blade [Toni Hold] is made a bit rough (because of poplar wood) and seems fragile. Upper thin soft ply easily damages (It needs varnishing). So I wanted something "the same but better".

Andro Fibercomb Def blade assists 80% of my needs. Not hard, quick in short game and good for second zone [top of the bounce zone]. The blade is improved and better made Toni Hold White Spot variant. Prices of these blades are adequate: 20 and 40 euros.

I glued Octopus 1.1 mm (more hard then my basic Curl P1-R) and Tackiness Chop II 1.7 mm. I discovered very nice control and the spot [zone of optimal rebound] over whole blade immediately. At first looping with defensive inverted from 1 meter distance from the table was too fast and missed the table unexpectedly. I wanted to change the inverted rubber to the same but thinner as I thought I could not make controlled chops with it. But I moved to second zone and discovered that I could chop with inverted with good control like with my old Toni Hold with the same rubber. Pips played without problems in chops and blocks. At first I was embarrassed by conic [actually flared] handle instead of straight but I discovered that the handle does not interfere with twiddling.

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2011, 04:16 
Super User

Blade: Sanwei Fextra 7
FH: PALIO AK47 Red
BH: Dr. Neubauer K.O. Pro 1.5
I did not use Google Translate for my translation so some phrases are easier to understand looking into (much more grammatically correct) machine interpretation. The main problem that in Russian "hard" and "stiff" (describing blades and pips) are the same word and I do not know what does the author mean. It is difficult to understand the difference for me anyway as I am native Russian speaker.

Computer have problem to understand the difference between identically spelling "to saw" (to chop in TT) and "to drink [alcohol]". Sometimes computer translates "blade" as "reason", sometime as "ground". TT "blade" is "basement [for the racket]" is Russian. "tops" and "topspin" means "loop" in Russian.

I hope this comments will help to better understand machine translations of Russian table tennis reviews.

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2011, 07:21 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Thanks a lot for the translations Omut! :clap:

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!