OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 05:42

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: 04 Sep 2012, 20:19 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
Convict wrote:
Sorry I have no idea about the seriousness of his illness

Ok, last question. Like you can see: this topic is created to say some words to Joo Se Hyuk. We'd like to give them to him. Can you get directly or indirectly in contact with him to hand them our best wishes?

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2012, 06:19 
Comeback Chopper

Lorre wrote:
Convict wrote:
Sorry I have no idea about the seriousness of his illness

Ok, last question. Like you can see: this topic is created to say some words to Joo Se Hyuk. We'd like to give them to him. Can you get directly or indirectly in contact with him to hand them our best wishes?

As I had written in an earlier post, Adham Sharara told me that an email should be sent to the Korean Table Tennis Association at [email protected], which will then be forwarded to Joo Sehyuk.

If it is acceptable to Haggisv, I can send an email on behalf of OOAK to the Korean Table Tennis Association which includes the link (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=20449) to all of our get well wishes. Since my email signature indicates that I am a professor at a major US university, perhaps it is more likely that the Korean Table Tennis Association will indeed go ahead and forward my email to Joo Sehyuk.

Steven

--------------
Returned to table tennis September 2011
Canada National Team Member, 1973-1975
--------------
1972-1987
Brickell Balsa/Birch 3-ply Blade
Yasaka Mark V 1.5mm
Joola Toni Hold AntiTopspin 2.5mm

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2012, 07:11 
Joo Too
Joo Too

birding&table.tennis wrote:
As I had written in an earlier post, Adham Sharara told me that an email should be sent to the Korean Table Tennis Association at [email protected], which will then be forwarded to Joo Sehyuk.

If it is acceptable to Haggisv, I can send an email on behalf of OOAK to the Korean Table Tennis Association which includes the link (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=20449) to all of our get well wishes. Since my email signature indicates that I am a professor at a major US university, perhaps it is more likely that the Korean Table Tennis Association will indeed go ahead and forward my email to Joo Sehyuk.

Steven

My apologies. I didn't read that post. It's good that we have finally found a way to reach Joo.

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2012, 18:12 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
That would be awesome birding&table.tennis, thank you very much! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I should mention that nexy also offered to help, but his busy schedule has not given him the opportunity yet, but it's only right to acknowledge his willingness to help as well. :up:

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2012, 15:18 
Super User

Dear fellow members,

As a Korean blade developer, I was asked to deliver these messages to Joo by haggisv and I promised I would do t him some weeks ago.
I planned to visit him, but I could not manage some time for it.
So, today, I decided to print out these messages and translate some into Korean, and send to him.
And I will deliver best wishes from ooak member personally when I visit him, which will come maybe within this month.

As a Tibhar agency of Korea, I met Joo several times with the products matters, and he changed his rubbers from TSP to Tibhar.
And I planned to visit him with new Tibhar's horehand rubber "Evolution", but I could not receive the final sample of it yet, so I did not visit him.
But I think if I just wait until I receive the new rubber from Tibhar, then all these messages will be out of good timing, so I will hurry up now.
One of my staff will help me to translate some of your messages into Korean and it will be sent to him very soon.

Sorry for this late action.

With thanks, Oscar.

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2012, 18:07 
Joo Too
Joo Too

nexy wrote:
Dear fellow members,

As a Korean blade developer, I was asked to deliver these messages to Joo by haggisv and I promised I would do t him some weeks ago.
So, today, I decided to print out these messages and translate some into Korean, and send to him.
And I will deliver best wishes from ooak member personally when I visit him, which will come maybe within this month.

As a Tibhar agency of Korea, I met Joo several times with the products matters, and he changed his rubbers from TSP to Tibhar.
And I planned to visit him with new Tibhar's horehand rubber "Evolution", but I could not receive the final sample of it yet, so I did not visit him.
But I think if I just wait until I receive the new rubber from Tibhar, then all these messages will be out of good timing, so I will hurry up now.
One of my staff will help me to translate some of your messages into Korean and it will be sent to him very soon.

With thanks, Oscar.

Thanx Oscar for delivering the messages soon. :) While you at it, can you also ask with what he's playing right now (we all assume he's back to the P1-R) and if he's back to the P1-R, why?

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2012, 19:04 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

nexy wrote:
Dear fellow members,

With thanks, Oscar.

Thank you Oskar, much appreciated!

PostPosted: 11 Sep 2012, 02:42 
Debonair Deception
Debonair Deception

Tons of thanks, Sir Oscar!

PostPosted: 11 Sep 2012, 06:10 
Comeback Chopper

haggisv wrote:
That would be awesome birding&table.tennis, thank you very much! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I should mention that nexy also offered to help, but his busy schedule has not given him the opportunity yet, but it's only right to acknowledge his willingness to help as well. :up:

Haggisv, I just want to mention that on Sunday I did send an email to the Korean Table Tennis Association on behalf of the OOAK Table Tennis Forum. I have not yet received a response back from the Korean Table Tennis Association. Hopefully they will soon tell me that all of our messages have been forwarded to Joo Sehyuk. Its excellent to read that we are trying to reach Joo Sehyuk in multiple ways.

As we discussed, I sent the email on behalf of the OOAK Table Tennis Forum. For those interested, I am including below the email that I sent to the Korean Table Tennis Association. Although not shown below, the email that I sent to the Korean Table Tennis Association included the private email that Adham sent to me, as Adham had previous forwarded that email to the Korean Table Tennis Association. I hope that my email will succeed in reaching Joo Sehyuk.

Steven
------------------

Dear Korean Table Tennis Association,

I am an atmospheric sciences professor at the Pennsylvania State University in the United States, and a former member of the Canadian men's table tennis team. On behalf of the members of the One of a Kind (OOAK) Table Tennis Forum, I had asked Adham Sharara, the president of the International Table Tennis Federation, and my former teammate, how the members of the OOAK Table Tennis Forum can send our best wishes to Joo Se Hyuk. Adham (see below) had suggested that I contact you.

The OOAK includes many table tennis players from around the world that are great fans of Joo Sehyuk. Joo Sehyuk has been a tremendous inspiration to all of us, and we were all very saddened to read about Joo Sehyuk's recent illness. We have collected "get well" wishes from 20 of his fans for a speedy recovery, excellent health, best wishes for his family, and the hope that Joo Sehyuk will continue for a long time to play his very exciting and beautiful style of table tennis.

We very much hope that you can forward this email to Joo Sehyuk. He can find our get well wishes on the web at viewtopic.php?f=2&t=20449

--------------
--------------
1972-1987
Yasaka Mark V 1.5mm

PostPosted: 11 Sep 2012, 07:40 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Very well worded birding&table.tennis! :up: :clap: :clap: :clap:

PostPosted: 11 Sep 2012, 11:19 
Super User

Lorre wrote:
nexy wrote:
With thanks, Oscar.

Thanx Oscar for delivering the messages soon. :) While you at it, can you also ask with what he's playing right now (we all assume he's back to the P1-R) and if he's back to the P1-R, why?

As far as I know, he has been using both rubbers so far.
He used to play with Curl P-1, and from 4 years ago, he used Grass D tecs and Curl P-1 according to players.
He told me that he will use both, because two rubbers are different, and his play can change per each time.

Any way, recently, he is using Grass D tecs more than Curl P-1.
But I don't know what he used in Olympic...because before Olympic, all players stay in the Olympic training center.
I will definitely visit him and his team when I get Tibhar's new rubber, soon.

PostPosted: 11 Sep 2012, 19:04 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Wow, two persons delivering the messages... Now it cannot go wrong, me think. :) Again thx guys! :up:

I didn't know he was alternating between the two (DTecs & P1-R) the last couple of years: we only noticed this from the start of this year. That's quite interesting. I can guess why, though.

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2012, 02:13 
Comeback Chopper

haggisv wrote:
Very well worded birding&table.tennis! :up: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I received a very beautiful email from Joo Sehyuk. This email was forwarded to me from Adham Sharara. I think that it will make everyone feel great.

Steven
------------------

Subject: RE: Fwd: Get well wishes for Joo Sehyuk
Date: 11 September, 2012 10:16:07 PM EDT
To: "Adham Sharara" <[email protected]>

Dear Steven Feldstein
Hi. How are you?

First of all, I want to say thank you for all of you guys who wrote me the "get well" wishes.

I never expected that people from other countries are praying for me.

Due to your considerations, fortunately, I am cured well and practicing table tennis as usual.

I hope I can play tournaments well and become a good model as you guys wishes.

Again, thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

SaeHyuk Joo

--------------
--------------
1972-1987
Yasaka Mark V 1.5mm

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2012, 03:15 
Debonair Deception
Debonair Deception

I can't stop smiling..

Thank you.. Thank you very much!

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2012, 06:43 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
:) :) :) :) :)

Thanks alot for all the efforts. It feels very good that Joo got it and that he seems back on track :clap: .

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next