OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 16:00

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2013, 21:44 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/90779/8377785.html

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2013, 21:56 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Probably not a bad thing... getting spectators for the 'wrong' reasons is still better than no spectators. ;)

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2013, 23:24 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Its not like the uniforms are bikini's like the beach volleyballers wear. ;)

Nice to give female TT some femininity IMO! :up:

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2013, 00:58 
Incredible Shrinking Man

Attachment:
Biba.jpg
Biba.jpg [ 28.28 KiB | Viewed 9520 times ]
Like Biba??

3. Blade : SL Defender SL DG 0x red : Secret flow 1.8 black : Against other LP players.
4. Blade : ST Fire-starter: Easy P 0x red : Air Illumina MAX Black : Incoming
Maybe I will try sponge some day!
----------------------------------------------------------

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2013, 01:03 
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later

Blade: Donic Persson Power Play
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z3
BH: Tibhar Aurus Soft
Not Bob... you obviously have not been here to Korea recently and see what the over 50 yr old crowd wears... many of them have a figure that would shame a 20yr old USA female, but that is another discussion. Koreans are into premium everything wherever possible. When they show up to the club, the O50 Acuma has a bat with Schlager Carbon and Yasaka Extend / Tibhar Grass D-Techs OX, a custom made BTY TT bag that would retail over $550 USD, and TT clothes that start at $60 USD a piece. These Achuma wear branded skorts costing $USD $60 and TT jerseys starting at $50 a pop. Their outfit runs well close to $1000 USD when all is said and done. They are a force driving the economy over here...

Status - Out of Business Janitor/Babysitter

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2013, 01:33 

I also think it is a good idea. Women in shorts look like s***, not that men would look better in them ;-)

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2013, 02:00 
Super User

Why do I spend my time on this kind of stuff? :rofl:

If you read the article, apparently Kong Ling Hui is the mastermind behind this! :o :| :lol:

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2013, 03:09 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Ai Fukuhara made some kind of derogatory about this. Can anyone translate this?

“穿那么少真是羞死人”

http://sports.online.sh.cn/sports/gb/co ... 319268.htm

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2013, 04:02 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

mynamenotbob wrote:
Ai Fukuhara made some kind of derogatory about this. Can anyone translate this?

“穿那么少真是羞死人”

"It's way too embarrassing to wear so little." (真是羞死人 is usually used with a humorous and self deprecating tone).

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2013, 04:43 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Thanks RR. Google translator had it as "I wear so few people really die of shame."

I scan the Chinese Google News all the time with Google Translate. Lots of interesting stuff in there about 沙拉拉.

| My OOAK Interview

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2013, 04:51 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: 729 HS Champion carbon
FH: Razka X max, black
BH: SavigaV LP 1.0 red/green
Der_Echte wrote:
Not Bob... you obviously have not been here to Korea recently and see what the over 50 yr old crowd wears... many of them have a figure that would shame a 20yr old USA female, but that is another discussion. Koreans are into premium everything wherever possible. When they show up to the club, the O50 Acuma has a bat with Schlager Carbon and Yasaka Extend / Tibhar Grass D-Techs OX, a custom made BTY TT bag that would retail over $550 USD, and TT clothes that start at $60 USD a piece. These Achuma wear branded skorts costing $USD $60 and TT jerseys starting at $50 a pop. Their outfit runs well close to $1000 USD when all is said and done. They are a force driving the economy over here...

So what would they say when I came into a club "slumming it" with long shorts that do not match my T shirt?

Re the OP-by USA standards this would not engender the work "sexy" imo.

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2013, 09:40 
Roar Talent
Roar Talent

Blade: Tiago Apolonia ZLC
FH: Rhyzer 50
BH: Donic Acuda Blue P3
Its not yet too sexy.. this is still mild :lol:

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2014, 19:39 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Der_Echte wrote:

So I take it "ochuma" must be the equivalent of the Japanese "obasan"? (Probably not with the connotations of "obatarian" though..?? :lol: )

The article has it wrong - the outfits used today would not have been legal in the 70s, probably even into the 80s. Back then it was dark colored shirts, NO big patches of white, logos (national or otherwise) had to be below a certain size (i.e. tiny). They're a great deal more colorful today.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2014, 23:40 
Hard Justice

I don't think those outfits are particularly flattering on the women in the photograph. It doesn't really make me want to watch women's table tennis any more than usual, at any rate.

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2014, 23:58 

Blade: Donic Persson Power Play
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z3
BH: Tibhar Aurus Soft
vanjr wrote:
Der_Echte wrote:

So what would they say when I came into a club "slumming it" with long shorts that do not match my T shirt?

Re the OP-by USA standards this would not engender the work "sexy" imo.

The Koreans would prolly not say anything negative to you. What foreigners do and act is their way and are not under Korean social unwritten law and are not held to it. They would still play vs you, they would still take group pics and selfies with you, and would still take you out to the restaurant for Chicken & Beerz, then a few after-mission thunder runs.

Over time, you would be convinced for yourself it is a whole heap better to wear nice looking (most of the time expensive) TT ear, even if you only have one or two outfits. Many Koreans have only a few outfits, but they wash them daily and wear them professionally.

It would really help the image of US TT if we all looked a lot more professional with or wear while we get together and have a blast, it might be one of the things that attracts a few more people who become regular players.

Status - Out of Business Janitor/Babysitter