OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 15:03

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 81  Next
PostPosted: 12 Aug 2017, 03:22 

Blade: Timo boll alc
FH: Tenergy 80
Def-attack wrote:
Today I played my 4th or 5 th session with Transformer 1,5 mm on Revolution with the new Stiga ball (less spin than seamless but good quality and no funny bounces). I have problems getting my blocks consistent. Some goes long, some high, some are perfect. But the back spin on blocks is too low so my opponent have little problems hitting a killer if my block is just a little high.

I will return to Mega Block to next session. It has less spin reversal but since Transformer don't give much more back spin than Mega Block I need to rely on something else: Safety and short, slow blocks. So back to Mega Block it is. For now.
Really? I found Mega Block is too slow to attack and to be honest and less reversal too, I was playing with revolution and 1.5mm Mega Block. Now I play with antiking and transformer 1.5mm, much faster for attacking and blocking and more reversal (I played with new donic p40+ *3 and dhs d40+ *3) the reversal with those balls are very good (never beat the celluloid balls) Image

Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2017, 02:12 
Super User

Blade: dr neubauer firewall +
FH: DHS skyline 3 neo 2.15 mm
BH: Dr. Neubauer Agressor 1.5
I found it interresting about the confusion about modern defense.

Defense can be done by blocking, chop block, side block, fishing, retriving or classic chopping.

defense in other sport are more easier to determine. Playing defense at hockey will not give you point but protected you from the opponent to produce score. A defender can by the way participate to an attack and score from the blue line usually.

So I guess is the intention of your shot that determine your style. For exemple a passive blocker who just block the ball and sent it back usually slowly on the table is a defender. He just hope the opponant will miss his shot at the next return. On the contrary, some attacker blocker will block agressively at hish speed the opponant shot and sent it back where the opponant will not be able to send it back or not even can't touch the ball.

Japanese women used mid pips to change speed, distabilised the opponant to attck more than. It a very fast shot usualy.

So if I do only fast agressive bump, I'm not a defender but an attacker. If i do bump ans also a lot of shop far from the table than i'm a defender. If I do high fishing it's a defensive shot but if I hit the ball with an agressive loop with a high arc than i'm offensive.

So the kind of rubber does not determine your style. The intention of your shot and what you do with it determine it.

If you use the Anti to only trouble the opponant who are a defender. If you attack with your forehand than you are a modern defender. I guess that a person who attack, place agressively with the anti as much as he use his forehand loop or drive he's an attacker.

This is my opinion.

PostPosted: 16 Aug 2017, 21:05 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
Def-attack wrote:
Today I played my 4th or 5 th session with Transformer 1,5 mm on Revolution with the new Stiga ball (less spin than seamless but good quality and no funny bounces). I have problems getting my blocks consistent. Some goes long, some high, some are perfect. But the back spin on blocks is too low so my opponent have little problems hitting a killer if my block is just a little high.

I will return to Mega Block to next session. It has less spin reversal but since Transformer don't give much more back spin than Mega Block I need to rely on something else: Safety and short, slow blocks. So back to Mega Block it is. For now.

Haven't changed yet... hesitations, all due to this:

PostPosted: 16 Aug 2017, 23:47 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
^AA,luka & ademir are believed to be using the new anti. :rock:

PostPosted: 18 Aug 2017, 10:28 

Blade: Timo boll alc
FH: Tenergy 80
peterpong wrote:
I'm not sure if pros are too often changing their blades and rubbers.... In DMS site Luka is playing with transformer 1.5mm and ademir is using MB 2.0

PostPosted: 18 Aug 2017, 21:37 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Joewilmar wrote:
peterpong wrote:
I'm not sure if pros are too often changing their blades and rubbers.... In DMS site Luka is playing with transformer 1.5mm and ademir is using MB 2.0

i think they are trying it out mate(secret info) :angel:

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2017, 20:17 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Yeaterday I tried the blade DMS Invictus for the first time. I got it just an hour before practice so I used it unsealed (now I have sealed it). I paired it with a 1,5 mm Transformer and a brand new H3 neo (with some Falco on it). Comming from the rather stiff Revolution blade, Invictus feels a lot more flexable and soft. Also, it only weighted 77 gram.

On loops the blade accelerate some and feels more dynamic than Revolution although it is clearly slower. I also tried it with the two different Stiga balls Optimum (the old plastic) and Perform (new plastic with less spin than XuShaofa). This together with a new and not broken in FH rubber got me confused - too many variables. I have been using Perform lately but yesterday I was mostly using Optimum.

Confusions aside, the blade is very fun to play with because of the great control and acceleration on high impact. Revolution is perhaps more predictable and stable (also a little heavier). But I reallly liked Invictus. This has to do with how slow it was when blocking with Transformer and still there was good spin reversal. And I had to opend my bat a lot more than Revolution to get the ball over the table. This created very dangerous blocks. With the inverted rubber the throw femt higher than with Revolution but that might have to do with the different ball.

On FH it worked ok but I was not very happy with my fresh rubber, it felt a little hard and dead. I need a few more sessions to brake it in properly. But serves and blocks worked nice after some adjustments. BH attacks worked ok but I missed that extra speed that Revolution gives.

Also, I wonder if I should try this blade with Mega Block, but that might be almost too slow :). I bought this blade mostly to use when we change ball to the new Stiga. Then I will get less spin to work with and most likely more speed on loops against my BH. Being able to place the ball low and short will be very important for my game with that ball. And I also will try this blade with Diabolic when it will be released. Then I will decide what blade to continue with. I will also revisit my stiga Carbonado 190 with Diabolic. But for now I will try Invictus a few more times with different balls and rubbers to get to know it.

PostPosted: 08 Sep 2017, 19:54 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Def-attack wrote:
Yeaterday I tried the blade DMS Invictus for the first time. I got it just an hour before practice so I used it unsealed (now I have sealed it). I paired it with a 1,5 mm Transformer and a brand new H3 neo (with some Falco on it). Comming from the rather stiff Revolution blade, Invictus feels a lot more flexable and soft. Also, it only weighted 77 gram.

On loops the blade accelerate some and feels more dynamic than Revolution although it is clearly slower. I also tried it with the two different Stiga balls Optimum (the old plastic) and Perform (new plastic with less spin than XuShaofa). This together with a new and not broken in FH rubber got me confused - too many variables. I have been using Perform lately but yesterday I was mostly using Optimum.

Confusions aside, the blade is very fun to play with because of the great control and acceleration on high impact. Revolution is perhaps more predictable and stable (also a little heavier). But I reallly liked Invictus. This has to do with how slow it was when blocking with Transformer and still there was good spin reversal. And I had to opend my bat a lot more than Revolution to get the ball over the table. This created very dangerous blocks. With the inverted rubber the throw femt higher than with Revolution but that might have to do with the different ball.

On FH it worked ok but I was not very happy with my fresh rubber, it felt a little hard and dead. I need a few more sessions to brake it in properly. But serves and blocks worked nice after some adjustments. BH attacks worked ok but I missed that extra speed that Revolution gives.

Also, I wonder if I should try this blade with Mega Block, but that might be almost too slow :). I bought this blade mostly to use when we change ball to the new Stiga. Then I will get less spin to work with and most likely more speed on loops against my BH. Being able to place the ball low and short will be very important for my game with that ball. And I also will try this blade with Diabolic when it will be released. Then I will decide what blade to continue with. I will also revisit my stiga Carbonado 190 with Diabolic. But for now I will try Invictus a few more times with different balls and rubbers to get to know it.

I used Ivictus for one more session, now sealed. Sealing made it better, more stable. I like it a lot for my BH but I never got the feeling for the blade with FH. I think it might require a diferent FH rubber, like Tenergy 80 or so. But I need my tacky FH rubber so I decided to go back to Revlution or now. I might give it a try later in November when I have a long break from our league.

PostPosted: 08 Sep 2017, 19:55 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

I just wrote this in the Diabolic thread:

A few days ago I tested my Diabolic 1,6 mm for the first time. I used it on my Revolution blade and we used Stiga Optimum balls (more spin than Stiga Perform or seamless balls). When I first looked at the sheet I got a little disappoited, it looked like coffee had been spilled on the surface or something. Not what I would expect from such an expensive rubber. But since I had waitened more than a wek to get it through slow Swedish postal service and since I only had one hour before opening th package until my training started, I ignored those stains and put it on.

The first thing I noticed was that it felt a lot softer than Mega Block and Transformer. The top sheet felt a little like Neo Anti (but not that soft).Pips are tall and widely spaced, like Transformer, but with a slightly thicker top sheet I think. Sponge feels similar to Mega Block's but it feels more like textile than sponge. So, as a whole, the feeling is rather different from Mega Block.

BLocking with it felt somewhere in between Transformer and Mega Block. Some loops went long (hard, low spin) and some went to the net. I will need a few more sessions and different loopers to get to know it better. But I could tell it was not as safe as Mega Block 1,5 mm but more safe than Transformer 1,5 mm. And when I got it right, blocks were very low and with more back spin than from Mega Block. But, like with Mega Block, the touch whe blocking is very important for how little of the spin you will kill with your block. If you manage to keep the ball low and short (not blocking too close to the bounce but rather 5-10 cm above the table) our opponent will have serious troubles getting the ball back. My opponent, who is now very used to Mega BLcok and Transformer, thought the funkiness was not as much as with Transformer, that the ball behaved more linear after my block, not stopping in the air as much. We'll see what other opponents says later.

Where this rubbers differs the most compared to MB and Transfomrer is attacking. It is way much easier with this one to just slap the ball with a fat hit. The softness wil kind of embrace the ball and guide it straight on, and perhaps also kill some of the spin. So if the ball is slightly higher than the net, just hit it with the bat perpendicular to the where you aim. Attacking back spin is of course mroe easy with Diabolic tha the others and this also has to do with the two gears of Diabolic. It si very slow on low impact, but when you add speed the ball shoots away rather fast. And not fast like hiting with a clean blade without rubbers, more like a normal, very soft, thin but not grippy rubber. Almost like Neo Anti actually (if I remember corectly). This is great fun! But once your oponent get to know these attacks it is not that difficult to get the ball back, so you can't really built a game around attaking with this rubber like that. The Amir-attack is still something to use a lot, or the way Luka does it with a combination af side sweep and aggrasive push. Both works well but can't be done exacly the same as with MB since this is a faster rubber.

Sooo....
not as secure as MB but more secure than Transformer,
more attacking posibilites than the other DMS slick antis I have tried (well, BEAST migh be a little better),
more back spin than MB (perhaps even more than Transformer)
much more dynamic than the other (this might not be what you want).

I like it and will keep evaluating it for the next few sessions. And I will test it with other balls as well. But not on other blades for now, maybe in late November.

PostPosted: 25 Sep 2017, 21:34 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Two weeks ago we played the internal championships in my club. Even though I was in bad shape due to a cold I could actually win the competition. Many were abscent due to cold and other reasons so we were only 11 participations. Also I was lucky enough not to have to play against those I have troubles against :). But it feels gold to be the club champion 8).

We used the old Stiga Optimum plastic ball. And I used Diabolic. I am getting used to it but I still don't use it for offensive strokes as much as I could. Yesterday I was slow in mind so I had troubles twiddeling also. And my FH was really bad, I put the ball into the net or long almost all the time. I am not a good friend with my new H3Neo :(. Lucky enough my opponents were equal slow :).

Last week me and two team mates played a team competition as a warming up for the start of the different league (they started yesterday). I used the same setup and the same ball was used. My cold was still present so I was not in super shape but better than the week before. I got to face Sweden's second best 12 year old player (born 2005). He is ranked around #900, I am around 1200). He won the first set but then I had a great time :). Three easy sets for me and my game worked very well. Next team match we had to face a much stronger team. My first opponent was a tall, fast looping fellow born 1999, ranked #470 in Sweden. I have faced him before, never gotten a single set from him. Now I won the first set easy, 11-6 or something. Instarted 2nd good but he was stronger in the end. Then he relaxed and played better and better and just destroyed me 11-4 in the last set :(

Then I faced his team mate, a little weaker but still a very good young player ranked soomewhere around 900 in Sweden. I won first set again. He managed to adapt and win next one. Third was very even. I had a set point but missed, and when he had a set point I had a good chance but my smash touched the edge of the net and went a little far. So frustrating. In 4th I was in a lead 5-1 but then I ran out of gas and he won the set 11-6 and the match 3-1 :(.

Then I focused on the first two matches in our league. I knew we were to use the new Stiga ball Perform with the new ABS-material. This is from the DHS factory and it feels similar to XuShaofa seamless but it has a seam and rotates even less than seamless. Very little spin :(. But great for playing loop to loop. But hopeless for my style.

Before the match I had ordered a new sheet of Diabolic and glued it to my Invictus blade. I have played a few sessions with this ball before but it takes many hours to get used to.

So when the day came for our league to start my cold had gotten worse again. A few painkillers and lots of coffee helped but I was not in good shape.

First league match I used my Revolution with Diabolic 1,6 and H3 Neo. I managed to win first match in fifth set but I only managed to make proper anti blocks one or two times the whole match. I missed many, then I changed tactics. Since there is very little spin from loops, my blocks went very far and I had to close my bat much more than usual and also try to dampened the speed more. Not good. But I also had problems with looping, I constantly misread the spin and most of the time my loops went long. I'm glad my opponent suited my game anyway. Next match I had to face an old defender, a lefty with AntiPower on FH. He is over 75 years old and a fantastic player for his age with many medals from Veteran champs in Sweden, Europe and the World. I have played him at least two times before and won, but this time he attacked much more with his anti, and that caused me problems. And I was tired from the first match so my legs and head was not synced. I lost in fifth :(. But we won the team match 8-1 so that was not a big deal (except for my ranking points).

Then a break for lunch and I decided to do something I have never done before. I changed setup in the middle of a league gathering. I warmed up with Invictus blade with Diabolic and H3 Neo and it felt a lot better on BH with this horrible spinless ball.

More later ;)

Last edited by Def-attack on 26 Sep 2017, 01:35, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 25 Sep 2017, 23:42 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

^^excellent :rock:
did you use the Revolution blade.was the f/h off due to the newness of your fav rubber?

skilless_slapper wrote:
Damn, she was breaking that ass down! :rofl:

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2017, 01:05 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

peterpong wrote:
^^excellent :rock:
did you use the Revolution blade.was the f/h off due to the newness of your fav rubber?

Yes and yes, but also off becase my cold (slow head, slow legs).

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2017, 01:40 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

i recently joined div 1 :party: and a lot is down to the mind and tiny percentages-you have your set up and you have just changed your anti for the exact make/thickness-your mind starts playing tricks-wow the other one was better and was slower etc.i sometimes put my f/h in the "BIN" if it aint working during the match :D
the crazy situation arises when you have 4 identicle blades and they all play differently :Chop:

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2017, 07:50 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Continuing previous post....
The second team match that day I used my Invictus blade with a brand new Diabolic 1,6 mm and H3 Neo on FH. Still the new Stiga ball without spin, but with the slower blade it was much easier to block with anti and keep the ball short and low. I still missed many aggressive pushes against back spin though, but that was mostly due to overestimating how much back spin the ball carried. One really need to adapt most anti-strokes when using this ball.

But I also had problems with attacking, especially back spin. The blade has higher throw on attacks compared to Revolution. That, and the less over estimated back spin made me loop too high and too long many times.

I played three singles and a double that team match. First one was against a young safe playing fellow with SP on FH. I have faced him 3 times before and lost the last one. He is difficult to hit through, he reads attacks well and has the bat at the right position. This time I had a lead 2-0 and 10-7. I missed a serve and then he made two clever serves and I lost momentum and also the whole match. I just ran out of fuel and ideas :(. Amd he gained confidence.

Next one was against one who serves with lots of spin, many tomahawks. Amd then he attacks with FH. I beat him many times at practice early this summer but now he had a coch and I was exhausted from the previous loss. I owned him the first set, and he got coaching. He changed serves to mostly fast and low without spin, and then he attacked. I got confused and missed a lot, he won 11-9. Third I won rather easy and in 4th it was very even but I was in a lead. But somehow he managed to win 13-11. And again I was exhausted from my cold. Mostly I was slow in mind, no creativity and I lost the fine tuned touch that you need to use the anti well. But I was also a little slow in my legs so I was in the wrong position many times when I tried to attack. So I lost 13-11 in the fifth. And then the doubles went very bad also :(.

We were in the lead still, 5-3 before doubles and 6-4 after. But my team mates were also tired and they lost their matches, making it 6-6 when me and another team mate were to play the last two matches. He won his match easily. I won first set easy. Then this rusty but hard looping fellow got coaching and I got a bad start. But I managed to focus enough to win the set 11-9 and in the third I was relaxed, he started to give up and I won easily. And we won the match 8-6, phew....

So.... I need much more practice with this ball and my Invictus blade, especially on FH. And I need to get rid of this cold that still haunts me. But I look forward to this season with this new spinless ball, it feels like a true challange. And I like challanges :).

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2017, 23:56 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Will you use your new set up blade & diabolic for the full season or is there a possibility that you may change something if you feel something isnt right?
Im curious as i changed something very slightly but immediately changed back for more security

skilless_slapper wrote:
Damn, she was breaking that ass down! :rofl:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 81  Next