OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 14 Oct 2019, 14:55

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 349 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24
PostPosted: 30 Sep 2019, 07:35 
Bytes worse than his Bark

Blade: OldNittaku Carbon
FH: Tenergy 05H max
BH: Tenergy 05 max
Played at the club last Thursday night - JL & I had 2 matches, 3-1 to me in the first and I think 3-0 in the 2nd. A few other singles and doubles with various lower grade players.

Ran the community centre on Saturday afternoon. One returning player turned up, still had the shots but the footwork was a little slow. Another good show up.

No TT tonight as we are playing comp away tomorrow night.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 02 Oct 2019, 11:53 

Played away (not a euphonism!) last night for a win. In preparation, looked at the RC numbers of our opposition - only 1 was over 1000, but under the lower guideline, when the guideline was that they should be somewhere between 1250 & 1400. I expected we would win pretty easily as a result.

First up, I played KJ, a junior. He had an interesting forehand side spin serve that sometimes had a little top, sometimes a little back and sometimes no spin. Apart from that he was not consistent enough. So 3-0 to me. CJ won his 1st singles.

CJ & I played in the 1st doubles which we won 3-0.

2nd singles my opponent was TY. He did not enjoy my varying spin at all, for another 3-0. PU won his 1st singles 3-1 I think.

2nd doubles PU & I got up 2-0, fell apart a bit in the 3rd. Before the 4th I told PU to just get the ball back in to play and I would deal with it. Didn't work in the 4th. Then came back in the 5th. After changing ends we didn't change receivers, but when I came to serve I realised this so we did then. We came away with the win 3-2.

CJ played and won his singles while PU lost 2-3.

We were up 7-1 for the night with the final doubles left to play and I left for home. That may be enough to put us back leading the comp.

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2019, 10:42 

Ah a week has gone by yet again. Let me see, what has happened?

Played at the club last Thursday, mostly remembering the match against JL for the (usual) win.

Ran the community centre on Saturday afternoon which I had had a few phone enquiries for, but no shows for them.

Played at the club on Monday night. Played a lower grader first up where we both tried to finesse points, but it was 3-0 to me. Played AF (he had been away for a month) but something about styles I went down 1-2. Played JL for a 2-1. Then played 3 doubles matches exploring all combinations of 4 people.

Had a local committee meeting Tuesday night where I shared the TTA news that they are paying for everyone to use RC.

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2019, 10:42 

Played at the club last night. First up was a guy with black and blue pimples out rubbers who I may have played either last week or last fortnight. 3-0. Next was JL. He won the first 2 then I got 1. By unspoken agreement we then made it best of 5 for 3-2 to me. After that was a fun doubles with a couple of ladies. Then a fun doubles with myself, PU, JL & JH. Lastly was U? from my old club for a 3-0.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 349 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24