OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 17:55

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 28 Mar 2012, 22:22 

Duncan; welcome to Ballarat! I hope you managed to get an entry form for the pennant comp for the winter season. Entries close March 30th, so not much time. Oskar and I are Ballarat players on this forum. I was there tonight too! Getting coaching from Al Rosario with my son on the opposite side to where most of the matches were being held. A fabulous opportunity every Wednesday night from 6.30-8.30 and it will cost you all of 4 bucks! (But no coaching for the next 2 weeks) Oskar and I will be in a team together in either A3 or A4 division. Feel free to PM me or Oskar; the Ballarat table tennis site is currently off line so you can't get much info from there. Perhaps we will play you soon? Look forward to it. I know there will be people there on Friday from 1.00 pm and I think Thursday night is an open practice session so if you need to get your application in you should still be able to do it. Nothing better than to jump in to the comp head first!

edit
just reread your post and saw that you have indeed entered. Excellent! We are on Monday nights. Which night will you be on and which grade have you entered?

Style: FH counterhitter, BH disruptor

PostPosted: 28 Mar 2012, 22:55 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
ilikepie wrote:
Who was the guy from Portland?

Not Portland Oregan USA ILP, Portland Victoria Australia. :P

And it was foam.

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2012, 07:07 
Pips for Breakfast! Mmmm. Beary Nice!

Welcome back, Duncan. And, again, a very warm welcome to the Ballarat club. Yes, the club is very friendly and I hope you stick around.

It's always great to be able to play other forum members and it seems this year will be pretty big for me in that regard.

Weapon 1: Andro Kinetic Supreme Hinoki/Zylon OFF-; Andro Hexer HDs (FH 2.1/BH 1.9)
Weapon 2: Ross Leidy 'Smokey'; Friendship 729-5s
Club1: Daylesford - since 2010
Club2: Ballarat - since 2011

Blog: A Naked Bear

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2012, 10:10 

Are there any other clubs with 3 or more active forum members from the same club?

Style: FH counterhitter, BH disruptor

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2012, 10:30 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Malleus wrote:
Are there any other clubs with 3 or more active forum members from the same club?

My club has more than 3 members here, but active is definitional :lol: They may well read the forum often, but not post. Najay and I are the only 2 active posters, but I know of at least 3 other current club members registered here as well as 3 more ex-club-members who were active posters a couple of years ago.

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2012, 13:07 

Okay, then ... it's gotta be the BATTLE OF THE CLUBS! :lol:

It would be interesting to see which clubs contribute most to this forum!

Now, where did I put my public relations' kit? Aah, there's me little footstool for standing in the middle of my club espousing the virtues (and free gifts) that come from participating in this forum. :rock:

"Come one, come all!", I'll shout, and hand out re-packed old rubbers and practice balls scribbled with 3 stars! That should get them in! :party:

"What's that? You reckon I'd give you a cracked ball? No, deary me ... that's a really good ball to play against your opponent. Haven't you heard about wobbly spin? It's all the craze. Trust me. Anyway, just join our forum and after about 200 posts you can ask whether you think I've given you suspect gear."

Weapon 1: Andro Kinetic Supreme Hinoki/Zylon OFF-; Andro Hexer HDs (FH 2.1/BH 1.9)

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2012, 10:22 

To Malleus, I believe Damien, i'm not sure of his last name, but he believes i'll be in A3 or A4. Cant wait, i'm very excited.
I'm currently helping my dad to clean the shed and set up the table so i can practice with my mother.
And i'm pretty sure i'll be playing both monday and wednesday nights.

And yes i will be making the most of the coaching, $4 is really good.

And Oskar, is a great player, cant wait. I have a feeling we will be having many good battles.

Regards,
Duncan.

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2012, 14:02 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Can't wait to see what Oskar's got myself. He better enter the Geelong Vets. No chickening out now Oskar!! Perhaps you should come along and watch Duncan? Geelong's close to you on a Sunday right?

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2012, 13:24 

Thanks for the compliment, Duncan. I'm looking forward to our future games. Also, as we're a friendly bunch (well, I can only speak for myself 8) ), I'm sure we'll have a few good practice sessions together, too.

Reborn, I've already sent away my Geelong Vets application, so there's no turning back for me. BTW, just by playing at the Ballarat club gives me automatic registration with TTV. What a cost saving!

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2012, 17:32 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Oskar wrote:
Reborn, I've already sent away my Geelong Vets application, so there's no turning back for me. BTW, just by playing at the Ballarat club gives me automatic registration with TTV. What a cost saving!

Good Oskar, so have I. I think Ballarat must just work the TTV fee into the league fees. Still not a bad way to go I think. We pay $8 per night, where I think you pay $10 for your seniors night? Don't know how many rounds you have in a year, but we have 40. So if they did that to us, we'd be paying $80 for TTV which is more than real cost.

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2012, 12:01 

Thought I'd revive Duncan's blog by saying we met up again last Monday night for the start of our club's new season. Duncan, I know you felt very frustrated with your game, but rest assured that what I saw was quite impressive. You have the right attitude and some very solid strokes and a nice, fluid style. Be aware that starting in a new club with a bunch of seasoned players will always require some adjustment. Plus, as I said to you, you have youth on your side and once you tame that fiery, impetuous nature of yours (just a little), I think you'll be a force to be reckoned with.

And I am genuine about my invitation for you to have a hit with me in private - especially with specific intent, like developing that much needed backhand killer!!! I'll see you tonight and we'll exchange phone numbers so that we can get to work!

BTW, how did your last match go? From what I saw, it seemed like you were playing a much more controlled game.