OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 17 Dec 2018, 14:51

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 272 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
PostPosted: 04 Dec 2018, 06:53 
Bytes worse than his Bark

Blade: OldNittaku Carbon
FH: Evolution FX-P max
BH: Tenergy 05 max
Ran the community centre on Saturday but only put up 2 tables to begin with. Unfortunately that was all we needed :( Always the way, now we have an extra table we don't even always need the number we originally had. I ended up hitting top spin with A? before closing up. I have also started organizing our end of year lunch for Saturday week, our last Saturday for the year - the restaurant is tentatively booked for 10 and I have around 7 confirmed with more to come.

Played at the club last night with mixed results. First up was MD. We got to 1-1, but then he ran away with it 2-1. Played DZ the first time in a while - he hates my unconventional spin or lack thereof. He would prefer it if I only played straight top spin or back spin. 3-0. Last was IM. He was playing pretty well, and there were a few points where the others stopped to see what was happening. We got to 1-1, then I went ahead to 2-1 after a number of deuces, then 3-1. He wanted to play the extra game which I also won. DM & IM the had a rematch (IM had earlier beaten DM for the 2nd or 3rd time ever). I left before they finished.

We have a local association committee meeting on Thursday with at least one controversial item but I can say no more ...

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2018, 10:50 

Blade: OldNittaku Carbon
FH: Evolution FX-P max
BH: Tenergy 05 max
Put up all 4 tables at the community centre but only used 2. Had about 7 people all up. Also got some free balls, some "hobby" 40+ orange & white, a couple of 40 orange, and some hobby mixed multicolour and single colour non orange or white. Still deciding what to do with those last. :) Organizing next week's end of year lunch - looks like we will have 10 or 11 - just need to put in final figures at the restaurant in a day or 2.

Played at the club.

First up was J? who almost always serves long with top spin to set up his flat hit next shot. He took a game then I tightened up to win 2-1.

Then I played CJ, a lefty looping pen holder. In the first game I was down 6-10 and I think he was celebrating a little early as I made it back to 10-10 then won after 2 or 3 deuces. We played 2 matches and I think it was 3-0, 3-0.

Next was DZ a lefty looping shakehand. He usually wants to use something other than DF V40+ against me. He had an oldish Stag 40+ seamless so we hit up for a little while. He got away quite well in the first game but again I managed to reel him in. 3-0 to me.

Then I had a hit with R? We did pushing for a while first with his forehand, then with his backhand, then I started mixing in gentle top spins that he had to decide what spin was coming to him and what he would try to do with it. He felt that it was useful, and I felt useful giving him the opportunity to train.

Lastly was ?? (bad I know that I don't know his name) a mostly forehand pen hold hitter. The first few rallies in the warm up ended with me spraying them way off the table. Anyway things changed when we started playing. He hit a few past me through speed, but if I was able to get enough spin it flummoxed him. 3-0.

Still waiting to see what will happen with the big thing I mentioned earlier that the committee is dealing with ahead of the acquittal report for the grant for the new tables at the community centre. I'd love to say more but ...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 272 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19