OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
Live Table Tennis Videos Table Tennis News Live OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Oct 2017, 22:41

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Thailand TT Boz
PostPosted: 02 Oct 2011, 16:05 
Super User

Not sure where to post but here is a good start.

A few years ago I did buy tons of great priced equipment and watched the olympics from the best place ever in Bangkok.

Now I live in Pattaya, not famous for table tennis to keep it clean.

Fairtex sports centre about 200 baht per couple of hours when you play with a few people. Price is weird because I haven't played alone before. It sucks there because 1. too hot 2. too expensive on my wage there 3. space and lighting pretty average.

playing at a friends room is small space too but at least free and air con and same end of town.

ANYONE COMING TO PATTAYA AND WOULD LIKE TO PLAY LET ME KNOW. cheers.

Always looking for more people to play and meet. :)

Post subject: Re: Thailand TT Boz
PostPosted: 02 Oct 2011, 17:00 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Been a while since we heard from you and now we know why Boz.

What are you doing living in Thailand (besides it being a lovely cheap country to live in lol). ;)

Doesn't sound like you are getting heaps of TT. I imagine your game might suffer some. How long are you planning to stay there?

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 02 Oct 2011, 19:03 
Super User

RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
What are you doing living in Thailand (besides it being a lovely cheap country to live in lol). ;)

Doesn't sound like you are getting heaps of TT. I imagine your game might suffer some. How long are you planning to stay there?

The Australian dollar has destroyed the industry I work in, although I didn't choose Thailand to make money because as you know it is cheap it is also very poorly paid.

My game suffered for sure in the first couple of months but a slight come back in the last month or so with more practise, but a lack of partners to play against is crippling my service return and also playing away from the table since I play in a condo.

suprisingly after the first couple of nights playing back here in Australia I feel like I am still killing just as well as before - have changed to t25 on forehand which I think suits my new over the table attack style perfectly.

I am staying there probably about another 6 months.

thanks for the interest.

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2014, 12:25 

I am James lee and Korean.
I also live in Bangkok.
But I am staying in pattaya now.
I want play table tennis .
Do you know some place?

PostPosted: 17 May 2017, 22:49 

Blade: peter korbale
FH: sriver fx
BH: sriver
Hi. I live in Pattaya. I am an player with good technique. Who wants to play table tennis? Write to me on line

My Line id: Mr.Fixy

PostPosted: 18 May 2017, 11:12 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

boz wrote:
Fairtex sports centre about 200 baht per couple of hours when you play with a few people. Price is weird because I haven't played alone before. It sucks there because 1. too hot 2. too expensive on my wage there 3. space and lighting pretty average.

Yeah, that's expensive. In Bangkok you can play all evening for 30 baht, in Chiang Mai the club charges 25 per visit.

Just realized - this is one of those resurrected zombie threads - most are from 2011, and one from 2014. :lol: Boz seems to have moved back to Australia.

Iskandar