OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 20:22

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2701 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175 ... 181  Next
PostPosted: 18 Jun 2014, 13:41 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
Someone please inform the ITTF's Kagin Lee that "hater" Liu Guoliang is again spreading his "blame the ITTF" mantra. My only question is who has more credibility, Kagin Lee or Liu Guoliang?

Liu Guoliang Views Ittf's Reforms Dangerous To Table Tennis

Liu Guoliang: "If we blindly restrict China then there will be a decrease in manpower and resources China will be investing on table tennis. It will be a great loss for the sport and table tennis is in more danger."

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2014, 11:17 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
mynamenotbob wrote:
TYPICAL HATERS OR ITTF PROPAGANDA?

In Kagin Lee's latest blog, he talks about "typical haters repeating their 'blame the ITTF' mantra," in regard to anyone who states the ITTF's reduction in team sizes at the world championships has anything to do with limiting China.

I guess this makes Liu Guoliang a "typical hater."

Kagin also asks the following question: Can any of the people making this claim cite a reference from the ITTF indicating that the intent of this change is to attack the Chinese team?

Uh yeah.

In this interview, his boss Adham Sharara states "Before the London Games, we allowed three men and women from every country at the Olympics and Chinese paddlers used to sweep the medals. It looked like the trend will keep happening, which was very discouraging for other countries.

"We made two the limit in London and I was China’s No.1 enemy as they felt I took away a medal from them, which is true to an extent. They got angry with me in the beginning, but then I explained to them the positive side of it. When they saw how the sport attracted huge fans, they relented. There was more competition. And after Japan, Singapore and Germany won medals at the London Games, other nations also started showing interest. We’ve convinced China to reduce the number of players at the World Championships as well."

Kagin also makes this bizarre claim that the adoption of a non-celluloid ball has nothing to do with Chinese players, but in the same interview Sharara comments "From the technology point of view, we’re going to reduce speed. In fact, we’re developing a technology test, which’ll have a bounce limit. If you see Chinese players performing the stroke, it’s difficult to see the ball. This has to slow down. We’re also changing balls. FIFA made the balls lighter and faster, but we’re changing balls from celluloid to plastic for less spin and bounce. We want to slow down the game a little bit. It’ll come into effect from July 1, which, I think, is going to be a very big change in the sport."

Also from the same Sharara interview: "We want to be among the top five popular sports in the world. First, we’ll try to organise special events, where you don’t have that many Chinese players participating. We’ll have a World Cup, which’ll have 16 best players from the world and not more than two from one single nation."

NOT ABOUT CHINA?

Of course, Sharara has also claimed reducing the number of players from a country who could win Olympic medals from three to two had nothing to do with China.

And, the ITTF states that the lifetime ban on players over 21 from emigrating and playing for other countries isn't about China.

Anyone can see what's going on. Don't believe ITTF misinformation.

I had the same thought when I read Kagin's blog. Either he blindly believes what the ITTF says, or he's really very naive. I've always been impressed with Kagin's knowledge, but this blog post was either naive and un-informed, or he's now towing the corporate (ITTF) line. :(

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2014, 02:34 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Just 7 more days and the era of the bigger and illegally heavier plastic ball begins. :puke: :puke: :puke:

Yes you can still use our beloved celluloid balls during a transitionary period, but why waste your time? I just hope I don't need to go through equipment hell like I did after the frictionless ban.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2014, 22:27 
Super User

Blade: Barna Original Triumph
FH: Yasaka Rakza PO max.
BH: DMS Störkraft 0.8
stiga polyball review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0-ogajfDqI#t=27

PostPosted: 26 Jun 2014, 08:03 
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.

Blade: Victas Koji Matsushita ZC
FH: BTY Dignics 64 (2.1mm)
BH: Victas P1V (1.5mm)
Dan gets a load of sponsorship/gear from Stiga so I'm not sure I'd take too much value from it.

[Other gear I've used]
Blades: Butterfly Defence 3, Butterfly Defence Pro, Butterfly Innerforce ZLC, Butterfly Innershield, DHS Power G7, Stiga Offensive Classic Carbon
SPs: Friendship 802 (1.5), TSP Spectol (1.3, 1.8, 2.1), TSP Spectol Speed (1.3), TSP Super Spinpips Chop Sponge 2 (0.5, 1.3)
LPs: Butterfly Feint Long II (1), Butterfly Feint Long III (0.5, 1.3), Tibhar Grass D.TecS (OX), TSP Curl P1-R (0.5, 1, 1.3), TSP Curl P4 (1.3)

PostPosted: 28 Jun 2014, 22:13 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

NEW ITTF PRESIDENT ON CHINESE DOMINATION

OK It's official. Adham-appointed ITTF President Thomas Weikert is nowhere near as slick as Adham. Whereas Adham would eloquently lie to us, this dude just spews irrelevant gobbledygook. No wonder they had to appoint him.

Question: Some people think that the new regulation of cutting the number of participants from each association in the World Championships is mainly to suppress the Chinese Team and has a negative effect on the weaker countries. What do you think?

Weikert: I think that limiting the number of players allows the World Championships to continue its existence. Between the big and small countries in table tennis, we had to make some compromises. I hope that this compromise will succeed.

http://tabletennista.com/2014/6/thomas- ... omination/

PLASTIC BALLS REPRESENT MASSIVE PRICE INCREASE

So the fallout affecting amateur players from the switch to plastic is now becoming apparent. Looks like DHS plastic balls are SIGNIFICANTLY more expensive than the DHS celluloid balls.

DHS celluloid *** are $6.71 for a six-pack.
DSH plastic *** is $10.81 for a six-pack.

To be exact, the plastic balls are a 60% price increase for people who use DHS balls (which we happen to use in our club). Not happy about this. DHS *** were the one affordable quality ball, but now the ITTF has once again given the amateur player the royal shaft.

* Based on prices at tabletennis11.com

Attachments:
Screen Shot 2014-06-28 at 8.47.51 AM.png
Screen Shot 2014-06-28 at 8.47.51 AM.png [ 94.2 KiB | Viewed 4101 times ]
Screen Shot 2014-06-28 at 8.44.49 AM.png
Screen Shot 2014-06-28 at 8.44.49 AM.png [ 128.76 KiB | Viewed 4101 times ]

| My OOAK Interview

PostPosted: 29 Jun 2014, 16:27 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

| My OOAK Interview

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2014, 19:16 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

| My OOAK Interview

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2014, 14:32 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

I was able to get a copy of the first draft of Dr. Torsten Küneth's document "The new plastic balls questions and answers," before the ITTF spin doctors got ahold of it. Dr. Küneth's original answers were quite revealing.

Q How can I know if a ball is ITTF Approved and the type (material, seamless/with seam)?

A We have a list, which unlike rubbers, we can change any time we want. However, if a ball is suspended for any reason, we give you a 6-month notice to change brand. Of course, all banned balls you are stuck with are your problem. Boo Hoo.

Q Which manufacturers already have ITTF Approved plastic balls? What type of ball (with or without seam)?

A There are five factories that make plastic balls.

Q Then why on the list of ITTF Approved Balls there are more than 5 brands of new plastic balls?

A TT companies simply private label them. Price differences are for suckers who buy brand names.

Q How do I distinguish a plastic from a celluloid ball, when in doubt?

A Easy. Plastic balls only come in white, are notably larger and bounce either higher or lower. Plus they break way easier than celluloid balls.

Q Will ITTF make plastic balls obligatory for all events and leagues in the world?

A No. But the whole plan is to make celluloid balls disappear from the market without regulation since we've got the factories only making plastic balls now. Eventually YOU WILL be playing with what we at the ITTF call the "plastic fantastic." Bwahahahahaha

Q Couldn‘t there be disadvantages in matches, when one event is played with celluloid, but another with plastic balls?

A As long as your game doesn't rely on speed or spin, no there are no disadvantages to the slower and less spinny plastic ball.

Q In autumn 2013 I tested a plastic ball, of which the sound and properties were not good. Will the approved balls be different from prototypes?

A Yes! The new balls are better. However it might be hard to tell since they break so fast.

Q Will there also be orange plastic balls?

A Maybe yes, maybe no. We haven't thought that far ahead.

Q Which properties are tested for the approval and what are the differences between celluloid and plastic balls?

A All our tests show that plastic is = or > than celluloid. The scientific-looking symbols leave no doubt.

Q What is the specific material (polymer) the new plastic balls are made of?

A We don't know, but they're not supposed to spontaneously combust like celluloid balls. In addition Chairman Sharara told me that celluloid is banned by the countries of the world and I have never known Adham Sharara to lie unless he has a darned good reason.

Q How will ITTF ensure that the specifications, which were met in the approval test, will also be met in mass production? Will balls become even better after approval?

A We're going to have our secret shoppers buy balls in retail shops, if we can find retail shops that sell them. As to whether balls will become even better after approval, I will say 'definitely yes,' although I don't have any way to back that up.

Q Why did the ITTF change the diameter specification? Will the new ball fit all existing robots?

A Why do you keep doubling up the questions? Are you trying to confuse people? OK. First, as to why we increased the ball size, we did not change the rule, we "improved" the rule. How's that for obfuscation? Regarding robots, you pays your money and you takes your chances. That said, since these balls are slower and less spinny, IF, and it's a big if, they fit in the Newgy robot you might have a slightly better chance of returning the INHUMANE backspin those robots produce.

Q All fine, but technical properties are not everything. Important for me as a player are also speed, spin and durability of the balls.

A You are under the misconception that the ITTF actually gives a f--k about what the players think.

Q Introduction workflow of plastic balls in 2014 (1)

A Is this supposed to be a question?

Q Introduction workflow of plastic balls in 2014 (2)

A In this case it would have been OK to combine "Introduction workflow of plastic balls in 2014" parts 1 and 2 into one meaningless question.

Q Why did ITTF then not just extend the deadline for the introduction of plastic balls? It was already delayed once, from 2012 to 2014. And why is it done at all?

A You mean wait until we had a viable plastic ball before introducing it? Ha. We did it now because without a deadline it never would have got done. The manufacturers didn't want it. The players didn't want it. Nobody wants it. Why was it done at all? See the next answer.

A Who is ITTF actually?

Q The ITTF is a criminal organization that continually changes the rules of table tennis without any reason other than to extort players into repeatedly buying new equipment every few years.

| My OOAK Interview

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2014, 17:59 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: very clever! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2014, 22:28 
Super User

One more question.

Q Why plastic balls anyway?

A Honestly? OK... well... as you probably do not know, our plastic balls are flammable. But the problem is that CELLULOID BALLS ARE FLAMMABLE! That's why. Right, sounds like crap, but since Adham says so it must be true. There is another reason though and this one is really true, I have the evidence. As you know, you can not take celluloid balls with you on board a plane. I can confirm that! I forgot my celluloid balls at home once and could not take them on board.
Oh, it is hot here, damn it!

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2014, 01:33 
Hard Justice

The worst thing about the plastic balls is that they don't even have measurable, quantifiable properties at this point. Not only is seamless different than seamed, but even within those categories, the balls may bounce differently. It's like your muscle memory has to change on a daily basis.

Ping pong is becoming like Apple and Microsoft, where a new doodad or OS is released every so often so people will upgrade their stuff, relearn it, and do it all over again.

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2014, 02:17 
Super User

abdulmuhsee wrote:
so people will upgrade their stuff,

I would call it downgrade. Plastic balls are halfway down to potato.

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2014, 05:35 

Played with new balls last 2 trainings (butterfly and double fish 3 ***).

I don't see how can anyone say that old and new ball are same/similar..

They are slower, ok, I would accept that, but there is no spin in this balls.. Playing with new balls takes me back when I was 10 and just started to play on tournaments..
If you take 5 balls and spin it on table you will see that 3 are like patatos.. 2 of them will be more or less round..
Also, new balls don't bounce like old ones, they bounce less high, expecially when blocking spin..
My national league didn't accept new balls, but because of players who play international tournaments I will have to train with new balls every now and then..

They made disaster when we switched to voc free glueing, in last couple of years we can buy some better rubbers, but now again we have to wait new good rubbers for this shitty balls..

And yes, every 5 minutes one ball brakes.. clubs where I train got them for free, but if they will cost 2 euros whole deal is one big ripoff..

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2014, 07:44 
Super User

h3neo wrote:
My national league didn't accept new balls, but because of players who play international tournaments I will have to train with new balls every now and then..

They should boycott international tournaments.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2701 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175 ... 181  Next