OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 04:50

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2701 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174 ... 181  Next
PostPosted: 23 May 2014, 07:51 
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later

Blade: Donic Persson Power Play
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z3
BH: Tibhar Aurus Soft
dunc wrote:
I actually think I agree with that idea, in terms of making the sport easier to understand for spectators... but it would be hard to implement without effectively ruining the float serve.

Haha, kinda make like a tree and leave haha.

Status - Out of Business Janitor/Babysitter

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 25 May 2014, 15:24 
Super User

Blade: BTY Timo Boll Spirit
FH: Tibhar Aurus 1.9mm
BH: Tibhar Aurus 1.7mm
The powers that be in ITTF seems to be more interested in the spectators as compared to the players of table tennis. They keep implementing all these changes and for the same reason... "to make the sport easier for spectators to understand"... why not just go back to hard bat?

You'll get the long rallies, the spin will not be of any concern. Bring back the old days. And while you're at it, do away with LP, SP, anti sponge and boosted topsheet rubbers. Let everyone play with the same standard issue bat set-up.

What those people in administration or so called officials do not get is table tennis is interesting because of all the varieties that the sport offer. We play with all kinds of rubbers depending on our physical capabilities, personal preference and style. We play the sport because we love it (win or lose), we don't play it for the sake of the spectators.

PostPosted: 25 May 2014, 15:54 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Well said Arlene! :clap: :clap: :clap:

PostPosted: 25 May 2014, 17:58 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
arlene wrote:
What those people in administration or so called officials do not get is table tennis is interesting because of all the varieties that the sport offer. We play with all kinds of rubbers depending on our physical capabilities, personal preference and style. We play the sport because we love it (win or lose), we don't play it for the sake of the spectators.

A perfect description of the #1 problem plaguing table table tennis. :up: :up: :up:

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 27 May 2014, 00:22 
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.

Blade: Victas Koji Matsushita ZC
FH: BTY Dignics 64 (2.1mm)
BH: Victas P1V (1.5mm)
We don't play for the spectators... but without spectators, how do we drum up interest in the sport and attain new blood?

If the sport is interesting to watch it'll encourage many more young people to get involved.

Personally though I think it's interesting enough as it is. The Chinese Superleague have officials throwing a new ball to the players after a point to speed things up. If we could do that everywhere, and encourage players to spend less time on their routine between points, the sport would be completely enjoyable for everybody.

[Other gear I've used]
Blades: Butterfly Defence 3, Butterfly Defence Pro, Butterfly Innerforce ZLC, Butterfly Innershield, DHS Power G7, Stiga Offensive Classic Carbon
SPs: Friendship 802 (1.5), TSP Spectol (1.3, 1.8, 2.1), TSP Spectol Speed (1.3), TSP Super Spinpips Chop Sponge 2 (0.5, 1.3)
LPs: Butterfly Feint Long II (1), Butterfly Feint Long III (0.5, 1.3), Tibhar Grass D.TecS (OX), TSP Curl P1-R (0.5, 1, 1.3), TSP Curl P4 (1.3)

PostPosted: 27 May 2014, 01:47 
Super User

We should make the ball football-shaped and run around with it. Naked.

PostPosted: 30 May 2014, 02:32 
None Shall Pass!
None Shall Pass!

Blade: Dr. Neubauer Firewall +
FH: DHS G888 1.8mm
BH: Dragon Talon NT OX
mynamenotbob wrote:
THE NEW ITTF LONG PIPS TEST?

A rather cryptic question in Kagin Lee's blog. As this is the person now in charge of approving rubbers for the ITTF, his blog is worth monitoring. He never answered his own question, but that's Hallmark Phoenix long pips pictured. I can just see some dubious new ITTF test for officials at tournaments like 'if the three balls strapped together slide before the bat gets to a 45-degree angle, they're illegal.' This is scary stuff. :(

I can't wait until they actually reject someone at a US tournament with that test and that person takes it to small claims court to sue for travel cost, embarresment etc.
There is absolutely NOTHING in the rules that require a rubber to have the original friction level.. There is actually no rule that would require it to have any specific friction AS LONG AS IT WAS NOT TREATED. Such rule is not there and any test tries to enforce a rule that does not exist. The only REGULATION that exists is that a rubber when manufactored has to have a certain minimum friction level but NOTHING in the rule disallows that a rubber can lose friction due to use.

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2014, 19:54 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2014, 19:17 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Former USATT President Sheri Cioroslan has been writing a "100-Day Countdown to Change in the ITTF's Presidency" with a new article on the USATT website every day for 100 days.

http://www.teamusa.org/USA-Table-Tennis ... Presidency

I was hoping this series would be somewhat objective, but so far it's looking like it'll be a 100 day Adham Sharara butt-kissing tour. Not one critical word about the many bad rule changes, conflicts of interest or outright scandals this very controversial ITTF President has been involved in.

| My OOAK Interview

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2014, 22:51 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

I doubt you'll hear much negative comments from any national association... they're are sometimes not well informed, and no doubt want to stay on the good side of the IITF.... they have too much to lose if they don't.

PostPosted: 16 Jun 2014, 20:17 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

You'll love this one, 79-Day Countdown to Change in the ITTF's Presidency, and I quote:

Quote:
Obviously, the main purpose of the “Countdown” is to honor ITTF President Adham Sharara for the excellent job he has done at the helm of our sport. While he deserves a lot of credit, he is also an unassuming person, so such an initiative would not likely come from within the ITTF itself.

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2014, 03:55 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

haggisv wrote:
You'll love this one, 79-Day Countdown to Change in the ITTF's Presidency, and I quote:

Quote:
Obviously, the main purpose of the “Countdown” is to honor ITTF President Adham Sharara for the excellent job he has done at the helm of our sport. While he deserves a lot of credit, he is also an unassuming person, so such an initiative would not likely come from within the ITTF itself.

:puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

Considering that her disastrous run as USATT President ended when she got kicked out of office by the US Olympic Committee, it's clearly apparent that she's not qualified to recognize what "an excellent job" actually is.

There was a recent poll on mytt where 80% of the voters had Sharara doing a bad job. 80%

| My OOAK Interview

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2014, 13:56 
The Court Jester
The Court Jester

80% is too low.
I think we can do better than that here at OOAK. :D

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2014, 18:24 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

BAD NEWS FOR LP BLOCKERS

So Larry Hodges played with the new Nittaku plastic ball that the USATT will be adopting. Among his observations "blockers with long pips are going to have trouble as the ball won't return with as much spin" and later he repeated "It's going to hurt long pips blockers (who will return less spin)."

That's what many of us LP blockers said from the very beginning.

TYPICAL HATERS OR ITTF PROPAGANDA?

In Kagin Lee's latest blog, he talks about "typical haters repeating their 'blame the ITTF' mantra," in regard to anyone who states the ITTF's reduction in team sizes at the world championships has anything to do with limiting China.

I guess this makes Liu Guoliang a "typical hater."

Kagin also asks the following question: Can any of the people making this claim cite a reference from the ITTF indicating that the intent of this change is to attack the Chinese team?

Uh yeah.

In this interview, his boss Adham Sharara states "Before the London Games, we allowed three men and women from every country at the Olympics and Chinese paddlers used to sweep the medals. It looked like the trend will keep happening, which was very discouraging for other countries.

"We made two the limit in London and I was China’s No.1 enemy as they felt I took away a medal from them, which is true to an extent. They got angry with me in the beginning, but then I explained to them the positive side of it. When they saw how the sport attracted huge fans, they relented. There was more competition. And after Japan, Singapore and Germany won medals at the London Games, other nations also started showing interest. We’ve convinced China to reduce the number of players at the World Championships as well."

Kagin also makes this bizarre claim that the adoption of a non-celluloid ball has nothing to do with Chinese players, but in the same interview Sharara comments "From the technology point of view, we’re going to reduce speed. In fact, we’re developing a technology test, which’ll have a bounce limit. If you see Chinese players performing the stroke, it’s difficult to see the ball. This has to slow down. We’re also changing balls. FIFA made the balls lighter and faster, but we’re changing balls from celluloid to plastic for less spin and bounce. We want to slow down the game a little bit. It’ll come into effect from July 1, which, I think, is going to be a very big change in the sport."

Also from the same Sharara interview: "We want to be among the top five popular sports in the world. First, we’ll try to organise special events, where you don’t have that many Chinese players participating. We’ll have a World Cup, which’ll have 16 best players from the world and not more than two from one single nation."

NOT ABOUT CHINA?

Of course, Sharara has also claimed reducing the number of players from a country who could win Olympic medals from three to two had nothing to do with China.

And, the ITTF states that the lifetime ban on players over 21 from emigrating and playing for other countries isn't about China.

Anyone can see what's going on. Don't believe ITTF misinformation.

| My OOAK Interview

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2014, 19:09 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

| My OOAK Interview

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2701 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174 ... 181  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!