OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 13:45

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2701 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 181  Next
PostPosted: 09 Dec 2011, 16:43 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

It is a manual for chopper/attackers. Everything's there. :rock:

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2011, 21:36 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
Liu Song taking apart a 2500 girl player. Last of the recent Liu Song footage.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2011, 13:46 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Another great video from Mr. Variatio...

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2011, 17:39 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

JOOLA TIMELESS UPDATE

New approach: Instead of being optimistic that my long overdue Joola Timeless will arrive the next day and being disappointed again, this time I'll predict that it won't come tomorrow and maybe it will. With all due respect to Eric Boggan, I've lost all faith in the U.S. Postal Service.

ASK YOUR FAVORITE COACH A QUESTION

For anyone going to the 2011 U.S. Nationals next week, Butterfly coaches will host question and answers sessions at the Butterfly booth from 8:30AM to 9:00AM.

Wednesday, Dec 14th
Gao Jun
Ernesto Ebuen
Richard McAfee

Thursday, Dec 15th
Ernesto Ebuen
Cheng Yinghua
Jack Huang
Masaaki Tajima

Friday, Dec 16th
Cheng Yinghua
Jack Huang
Gao Jun
Stefan Feth

Saturday, Dec 17th
Richard McAfee
Dan Seemiller
Masaaki Tajima
Stefan Feth

BRIEF SERVE RETURN DVD CLIP LOOKS VERY WELL DONE

Here's a clip from a new DVD titled Pro Table Tennis Serve Receives.

AND HERE'S SOME SHORT CLIPS OF THAT CHOPPER FROM SPIN NYC

This time he has clothes on.

| My OOAK Interview

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2011, 21:21 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
mynamenotbob wrote:
ASK YOUR FAVORITE COACH A QUESTION

For anyone going to the 2011 U.S. Nationals next week, Butterfly coaches will host question and answers sessions at the Butterfly booth from 8:30AM to 9:00AM.

Wednesday, Dec 14th
Gao Jun

Hopefully someone will ask her if she's still planning to answer our interview questions? :( :( :(

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2011, 21:26 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

WHO OWNS TMS INTERNATIONAL?

Very interesting day on the OOAK Forum Saturday as ITTF President Adham Sharara visited the forum and was kind enough to answer some questions about TMS International, the non-profit corporation he founded which raises funds on behalf of the ITTF and handles all of the ITTF’s marketing and TV rights activities. Adham revealed that 86% of the ITTF's funding funnels through this organization which has a volunteer board and a paid management team. The one question left unanswered was 'who owns TMS International?'

THE UNITED STATES STATE DEPARTMENT HAS ISSUED FOUR DOCUMENTS ON PING PONG

The Secretary of State - Hillary Clinton on PP Diplomacy
Pingpong Diplomacy: Celebrating 40 Years
Pingpong Diplomacy with a Dash of Good Sportsmanship
Table Tennis Attracts Young Chinese Americans

SOME GOOD SERVES

Ma Lin

Jun Mizutani

| My OOAK Interview

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2011, 17:44 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

ADHAM'S OTTAWA TT HEADQUARTERS

ITTF President Adham Sharara's Gladstone Sports & Health Centre building in Ottawa is a very important place in the world of table tennis. Not only are the ITTF President's Office and TMS International Headquarters located there, his biggest tenant is Table Tennis Canada, a.k.a. the Canadian TT association, which not only has their national headquarters there, but a 24/7 training center complete with living space.

Really interesting three-part series about the building in this blog here, here and here.

THE LOST ART OF INVERTED BLOCKING LIVES

I appreciate a good double-inverted blocker almost as much as a material player. As such, I found the match below delightful to watch.

POGO

I've tried CTT National Pogo a number of times based on the accolades of members in this forum. Never liked it in red (even on a Gergely). I thought the black was better. Awhile back I made a "dwruck blade" putting Pogo on a 729 Bomb. Still hit with it once in a while when I get bored. Anyway, below is an OX Pogo user who seems to know what he's doing with it:

| My OOAK Interview

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2011, 21:33 
Super User

I could not distinguish the pogo user from the double inverted player in the last video, would you be able to tell me please? :oops: .

S#1: Joola Wing Passion Fast, FH: 729 Cream 2.2, BH: 802-40 2.
S#2: Joola Trix Medium, FH: Hurricane 3 Neo 2, BH: 279 FX Lightning 2.2.
S#3: Galaxy 896, , BH: Pro XP 2.FH: Pro XP 2.2
S#4: Senso Waldner Carbon, FH: Apollo I 2.2, BH: Blowfish Plush Short Pimple Tensor.

S#4: Giant Dragon Kris Special, FH: Giant Dragon TaiChi Soft, BH: Giant Dragon Meteorite Soft.

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2011, 21:54 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Velonstrials wrote:
I could not distinguish the pogo user from the double inverted player in the last video, would you be able to tell me please? :oops: .

The Pogo guy (the one with the glasses) lost. The fact that it's not easy to distinguish Pogo from inverted is a key point and the main reason I don't care for it. It's not disruptive enough for my style of playing.

| My OOAK Interview

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2011, 17:51 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

GET READY TO SCRAP YOUR TECHNIQUE AND BUY NEW EQUIPMENT

Don't plan on an easy transition to the enlarged poly ball. The marketing manager of DHS is already on record as saying once the plastic ball is released worldwide, "there will be new requirements for both techniques and equipment." Even pros like William Henzell say prototypes are "much harder to generate spin" and the ball bounce is higher than expected. The ball is also reportedly lousy for looping with affordable tacky Chinese rubbers and a lot less spinny for serves. So we're getting a ball that's faster over the table, has less spin and a higher bounce. I'm sure at some point ITTF President Adham Sharara will bring out his tired cliched claim that this is all to help the defensive players, or should I say "payers" since we'll all be when we shell out for new equipment and learn new techniques.

USATT NATIONALS START TODAY

The 2011 US National Table Tennis Championships kick off today in Virginia Beach, Virginia. As far as I know, there are no plans for live streaming. :(

THE DANGER OF LOSING FOCUS IN A MATCH

Really good post by Pushblocker on another forum about losing focus when playing practice matches. TT legend Dan Seemiller also commented in the thread saying "Everyone loses focus from time to time. The key is to recognize when it happens and recover. Some players when they lose focus they are done. There is no recovery. Great players lose focus, recognize it and in a short time, 2 or 3 points, they are back on the beam." I thought about this pearl of wisdom several times tonight when I got distracted and it really helped me get back into the zone.

OLDIE BUT GOODIE

Georg Böhm turns 50 in a few months, but he's still able to "bring it" at a high level.

ONE LAST THING...

Still no Joola Timeless. :@ It was tracked within 200 miles of here three days ago so I'm cautiously optimistic that it will be here today. But I wouldn't bet on it.

| My OOAK Interview

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2011, 02:34 
The Pied Pipper
The Pied Pipper

mynamenotbob wrote:
GET READY TO SCRAP YOUR TECHNIQUE AND BUY NEW EQUIPMENT

Don't plan on an easy transition to the enlarged poly ball. The marketing manager of DHS is already on record as saying once the plastic ball is released worldwide, "there will be new requirements for both techniques and equipment." Even pros like William Henzell say prototypes are "much harder to generate spin" and the ball bounce is higher than expected. The ball is also reportedly lousy for looping with affordable tacky Chinese rubbers and a lot less spinny for serves. So we're getting a ball that's faster over the table, has less spin and a higher bounce. I'm sure at some point ITTF President Adham Sharara will bring out his tired cliched claim that this is all to help the defensive players, or should I say "payers" since we'll all be when we shell out for new equipment and learn new techniques.

Well, that's my game and me completely gone then!

3-0 to Adham, last one out please put the lights out!

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2011, 07:36 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Some Joola Timeless extreme closeups...

Attachment:
timelesscloseup_1.gif
timelesscloseup_1.gif [ 216.2 KiB | Viewed 1562 times ]

Attachment:
timelesscloseup_2.gif
timelesscloseup_2.gif [ 131.99 KiB | Viewed 1562 times ]

Attachment:
timelesscloseup_3.gif
timelesscloseup_3.gif [ 237.58 KiB | Viewed 1562 times ]

| My OOAK Interview

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2011, 09:06 
Super User

Blade: Appelgren Allplay
FH: Mark V GPS 2.0
BH: Reflectoid 2.0
:party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: IT FINALLY CAME IN!!!!!!!! :party: :party: :party: Good for you!

Looks very strange.......hm....

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2011, 09:21 
Do you feel lucky (young) punk?
Do you feel lucky (young) punk?

Blade: Juic Hinoki One Ply
FH: Tibhar 5Q
BH: Scandal
The obvious next step is inverted with a pattern on the surface, light contact, less grip, hit hard and it gets grip like notrmal inverted.

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2011, 09:30 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

This is the first genuine innovation I've seen in awhile. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

| My OOAK Interview

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2701 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 181  Next