OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 23:25

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2701 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173 ... 181  Next
PostPosted: 04 May 2014, 08:57 
Hard Justice

mynamenotbob wrote:
We would have easily finished in the top 12 if Ariel Hsing would have played. Unfortunately she sees more value in attending English 101 class in New Jersey rather than competing for the world championship in Japan.

This is the sad state of USA table tennis.

There probably is more objective value in it for her to start college than to lose in a ping pong tournament overseas.

PostPosted: 04 May 2014, 09:53 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
abdulmuhsee wrote:
mynamenotbob wrote:
We would have easily finished in the top 12 if Ariel Hsing would have played. Unfortunately she sees more value in attending English 101 class in New Jersey rather than competing for the world championship in Japan.

This is the sad state of USA table tennis.

There probably is more objective value in it for her to start college than to lose in a ping pong tournament overseas.

Probably true, but to me if she was really smart she could capitalize on her table tennis fame. How many 17 year olds rub elbows with the likes of Bill Gates and Warren Buffett? There's got to be a way to leverage those relationships. She can make money from endorsements, start her own designer clothing line, lots of stuff. She can always go to college later, but right now she really has tremendous opportunities that a normal college freshmen doesn't have. If I was her Dad, I'd tell her to get an advisor and an agent.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 04 May 2014, 09:53 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
mynamenotbob wrote:
So what ever happened with this? Do we have a 12 inch ball toss now or not?

I hear it was defeated. I've not heard about any other results.

PostPosted: 04 May 2014, 18:55 
Super User

Blade: Barna Original Triumph
FH: Yasaka Rakza PO max.
BH: DMS Störkraft 0.8
haggisv wrote:
mynamenotbob wrote:
So what ever happened with this? Do we have a 12 inch ball toss now or not?

I hear it was defeated. I've not heard about any other results.

Any other ludicrous motions suggested?

PostPosted: 06 May 2014, 06:11 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

AA wrote:
Any other ludicrous motions suggested?

Just Adham's new puppet president comes to mind.

In this interview Adham says he has changed table tennis from something perceived as an old-fashioned sport to a progressive sport. Not sure about that.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

PostPosted: 10 May 2014, 19:32 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Looks like the first "innovation" under Sharara-puppet Weikert could be two-colored balls.

“It’s very important (that table tennis stays current and popular). We try to make the game easier for spectators. You have tennis, where a guy serves 100 miles an hour and everyone knows ‘this is a hard service’.

“But, in table tennis, the ball goes down into the net and up, and nobody knows why. So, for example, we may have two colours for the ball — companies will produce balls with white on one side and yellow on the other, so you can see the spin in slow motion.

“In China, in the super league, they play with many balls and that is also a possibility, so we will test these out.”

http://www.todayonline.com/sports/servi ... epage=true

| My OOAK Interview

PostPosted: 10 May 2014, 19:54 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Interesting idea...may not be so bad if it's only used for televised events. Alternatively they could put lines on the ball that only a camera can see, so that it's no different for players, but when seen in slow-mo you can work out what's going on.

PostPosted: 10 May 2014, 19:56 
Super User

Blade: Barna Original Triumph
FH: Yasaka Rakza PO max.
BH: DMS Störkraft 0.8
mynamenotbob wrote:
So, for example, we may have two colours for the ball — companies will produce balls with white on one side and yellow on the other, so you can see the spin in slow motion.

“In China, in the super league, they play with many balls and that is also a possibility, so we will test these out.”

i always wondered how that looks like, anyone got a (youtube)video of these balls in action?

PostPosted: 11 May 2014, 14:22 
Hard Justice

You know, I honestly wouldn't mind trying out a two-toned ball, if simply to make it easier to see. Some people claim they can't see yellow balls as well as white balls and vice versa. I would be curious to see if it would make a difference in deciphering difficult serves.

PostPosted: 11 May 2014, 15:25 
The Court Jester
The Court Jester

Just my personal opinion.
I think he should step down AND LEAVE.
Sorry if I sound mean.

PostPosted: 11 May 2014, 21:25 
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.

Blade: Victas Koji Matsushita ZC
FH: BTY Dignics 64 (2.1mm)
BH: Victas P1V (1.5mm)
I actually think I agree with that idea, in terms of making the sport easier to understand for spectators... but it would be hard to implement without effectively ruining the float serve.

[Other gear I've used]
Blades: Butterfly Defence 3, Butterfly Defence Pro, Butterfly Innerforce ZLC, Butterfly Innershield, DHS Power G7, Stiga Offensive Classic Carbon
SPs: Friendship 802 (1.5), TSP Spectol (1.3, 1.8, 2.1), TSP Spectol Speed (1.3), TSP Super Spinpips Chop Sponge 2 (0.5, 1.3)
LPs: Butterfly Feint Long II (1), Butterfly Feint Long III (0.5, 1.3), Tibhar Grass D.TecS (OX), TSP Curl P1-R (0.5, 1, 1.3), TSP Curl P4 (1.3)

PostPosted: 15 May 2014, 04:15 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

2000+ rated defender

| My OOAK Interview

PostPosted: 15 May 2014, 21:54 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Sharad Pandit and Ding Yi both lost in the 50-59 knockout stage. Jean Michel Carquin is in the semi final. Isn't he a big time hard-batter? He probably plays both.

Paul Pinkewich got beat in the 60-64 knockout stage. There's am American in the quarter-final (Li Yuxiang)

Dr. Neubauer and Tat's friend Bill U. were beaten in the 70-74 knockout stage.

Dieter Lippelt (short pips/anti) is in the quarter-final of the 75-79.

Here are the manufacturer's specs for the current lineup of Der Materialspezialist antis:

Nightmare
Speed 50 | Control 90 | Disruption: 100

Beast
Speed 40 | Control 95 | Disruption: 100

SpinParasite
Speed 45 | Control 95 | Disruption: 100

There is also another anti called "B.A.D. Best Anti Defence" in the pipeline.

Ben Larcombe is the new Guide at About table tennis. Don't know if they'll be reopening their forum. The damage is likely done even if they do. The Larcombe era didn't exactly start with a bang. His first post (in its entirety) was "Hello! I'm Ben. I'm the new table tennis expert here at About.com." This was five days ago. Nothing since.

USATT has had a forum for about two months now, but it is buried, and I mean BURIED!!! on their website. Stats look like this so far: Total posts 267 | Total topics 67 | Total members 58

| My OOAK Interview

PostPosted: 21 May 2014, 17:57 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

THE NEW ITTF LONG PIPS TEST?

A rather cryptic question in Kagin Lee's blog. As this is the person now in charge of approving rubbers for the ITTF, his blog is worth monitoring. He never answered his own question, but that's Hallmark Phoenix long pips pictured. I can just see some dubious new ITTF test for officials at tournaments like 'if the three balls strapped together slide before the bat gets to a 45-degree angle, they're illegal.' This is scary stuff. :(

Attachments:
Screen Shot 2014-05-21 at 4.20.43 AM.png
Screen Shot 2014-05-21 at 4.20.43 AM.png [ 392.19 KiB | Viewed 1877 times ]

| My OOAK Interview

PostPosted: 21 May 2014, 21:02 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Scary indeed! :( :( :(

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2701 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173 ... 181  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!