OOAK Table Tennis Forum
http://ooakforum.com/

MNNB Ramblings: table tennis videos, ITTF, new ball, news
http://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=17933
Page 176 of 177

Author:  haggisv [ 05 Aug 2017, 09:33 ]
Post subject:  Re: MNNB Ramblings: table tennis videos, ITTF, new ball, new

I've tried this on a few occasions... it's very hard on the body, not something I could do regularly even if I could get the technique right.

Author:  mynamenotbob [ 21 May 2018, 16:14 ]
Post subject:  Re: MNNB Ramblings: table tennis videos, ITTF, new ball, new

Enjoyed watching this.


Author:  mynamenotbob [ 13 Jun 2018, 21:10 ]
Post subject:  Re: MNNB Ramblings: table tennis videos, ITTF, new ball, new

Wow! They were even saying this in 1987:

“A lot of people feel the defensive player hasn’t got much of a future in the current modern game with the excessive speed and spin.”

Go to 1:22

Author:  Debater [ 13 Jun 2018, 21:19 ]
Post subject:  Re: MNNB Ramblings: table tennis videos, ITTF, new ball, new

mynamenotbob wrote:
Wow! They were even saying this in 1987:

“A lot of people feel the defensive player hasn’t got much of a future in the current modern game with the excessive speed and spin.”

Go to 1:22


"...but Li showing a marvelous example of what the defender can actually do." ;)

Author:  mynamenotbob [ 13 Jun 2018, 21:54 ]
Post subject:  Re: MNNB Ramblings: table tennis videos, ITTF, new ball, new

Debater wrote:
mynamenotbob wrote:
Wow! They were even saying this in 1987:

“A lot of people feel the defensive player hasn’t got much of a future in the current modern game with the excessive speed and spin.”

Go to 1:22


"...but Li showing a marvelous example of what the defender can actually do." ;)

Yes. Li put on an awesome display. If they thought defending had no future back then with the 38mm celluloid ball and old aspect ratio, I wonder what they'd say about the appalling conditions defenders endure now. :lol:

Author:  mynamenotbob [ 22 Jun 2018, 17:08 ]
Post subject:  Re: MNNB Ramblings: table tennis videos, ITTF, new ball, new

Chen Weixing Long Pips Seminar


Author:  haggisv [ 22 Jun 2018, 20:14 ]
Post subject:  Re: MNNB Ramblings: table tennis videos, ITTF, new ball, new

That was really good! :up: :up: :up:

Author:  mynamenotbob [ 25 Jun 2018, 08:53 ]
Post subject:  Re: MNNB Ramblings: table tennis videos, ITTF, new ball, new

OOAK favorite Huang Jianjiang won the men’s O65 world championship at the WVCs in Las Vegas. I wonder if he was using his special pips? His red side sure befuddled the opponent lol.

The match starts at 3:20:55


Author:  mynamenotbob [ 25 Jun 2018, 09:00 ]
Post subject:  Re: MNNB Ramblings: table tennis videos, ITTF, new ball, new

Hold on to your seat. And here's an action-packed five-game O80 showdown between two long-pippers.

The thrills start at 3:14:44


Author:  haggisv [ 25 Jun 2018, 19:45 ]
Post subject:  Re: MNNB Ramblings: table tennis videos, ITTF, new ball, new

mynamenotbob wrote:
OOAK favorite Huang Jianjiang won the men’s O65 world championship at the WVCs in Las Vegas. I wonder if he was using his special pips? His red side sure befuddled the opponent lol.

He was impressive... especially his serves!

Author:  Lorre [ 28 Jun 2018, 20:46 ]
Post subject:  Re: MNNB Ramblings: table tennis videos, ITTF, new ball, new

mynamenotbob wrote:
Hold on to your seat. And here's an action-packed five-game O80 showdown between two long-pippers.

The thrills start at 3:14:44


That was an amazing thrill ride! :lol:

Author:  Japsican [ 29 Jun 2018, 02:42 ]
Post subject:  Re: MNNB Ramblings: table tennis videos, ITTF, new ball, new

mynamenotbob wrote:
Enjoyed watching this.


Who is that?

Author:  mynamenotbob [ 02 Jul 2018, 14:13 ]
Post subject:  Re: MNNB Ramblings: table tennis videos, ITTF, new ball, new

Wish I could serve like this.


Author:  mynamenotbob [ 02 Jul 2018, 14:35 ]
Post subject:  Re: MNNB Ramblings: table tennis videos, ITTF, new ball, new

Japsican wrote:
mynamenotbob wrote:
Enjoyed watching this.


Who is that?

It's a Spanish player named Antonio Bellas. Here's another video of him playing (start at 15:00)...


Author:  SuperHappyFunSlider [ 05 Jul 2018, 10:33 ]
Post subject:  Re: MNNB Ramblings: table tennis videos, ITTF, new ball, new

Hey MNNB,

I'm popping this in your thread because we might not be "good enough" - but this is me and my doubles partner, he uses short pips and I use long.

He looks far more impressive than I - because I play a set up game simply to work with him; but he's top 10 Junior in Australia. This was an earlier round in an Open tournament that we proceeded to go on to win!


Page 176 of 177 All times are UTC + 9:30 hours
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/