OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 23:28

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2012, 11:42 
Paddy's Paddler
Paddy's Paddler

had a good few games of doubles during a competition st up by my friend. mostly populated by average players + Ireland number 22 and Ireland number 71.

my partner is from france who used to play a lot of league games while over there, dont know what his ranking was like. but he would deffinately be ranked top 50 In Ireland if he actually tried :P, he never looks like hes even trying at all.
he has a very fluid, consistent and quite deceptive game. using his body movement to send you the wrong way... very all round type of play. hsakehand

the Number 22 player is Chinese 16 year old with a monstrous FH drive and strong serves and very quick on his feet. shakehand, has won first place in his age group few times

number 71 is a friend of mine also Chinese plays penhold, very aggressive game will go for majority of shots very powerful RPB as well as FH, not much in TBH

me and my partner managed to get through all our games fairly easily

until we met with the duo mentioned above in the finals we lost 1-3 but most of the games were very close most finishing around 11-9/8 or 13-11-... the way i saw it is that me and my partner were better playing together while the other two jsut had more power developed technique where as we were more balanced... i think...

the two of us were fairly tired as i was working late last night. had to be very yearly at the venue because my friend/organizer is a Muppet and told me the wrong time to arrive at. only having 3-4 hours sleep and a sore back. and my partner looked quite rough himself as he didn't get much sleep either..

we might have done better if we got a tad more sleep and me not having a sore back, not to say we would have won, which i knew we could not do. those Fh drives from the 16 year old are jsut too much for me, i prefer nice n heavy topspin loops :P

any comments welcome

btw .i am ranked 108 out of 206 registered/ranked senior/male players in the country with only playing at one ranked tournament out of the 3 that have been on so far, hopefully going to make it to the next two/three tourneys

Main: / secondary / LP
Blade: DHS Hurricane hao/ Blade- Hurricane Hao 2

FH: Skyline 3(Blue Sponge)/ FH- Nittaku H3 pro
BH: Omega Asia/ BH- Calibra Tour H