OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 03:05

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2012, 21:42 

Watch the final of veterans on my local state Ceará.
I won 3x0, playing against a very good player. :P
Acess: www.fctm.com.br, then go to vídeos on the right upper part, final veterans and see my 5th gold medal. :clap: We have a big place here with 14 tables and a big gymnasium :up:
My disruptive game made all the difference as you can see I dont move or loop, just twiddle, block, push and vary my serves.
I have to improve a lot attacking and receiving with inverted but
until now it is working well. :clap:

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2012, 22:50 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Very nice! :up: :up: :up:

Is this the video here?

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2012, 23:03 
CTRL_ALT_Loop
CTRL_ALT_Loop

Looking strong! Lots of wobble visible in some of your blocks, and your opponent definitely receives back some unexpected spin.

I like how you seem to let the opponent do most of the hard work, then just lift the ball more or less effortlessly back.
Also, with your fairly upright stance in that video, it looks like you are somewhat uninterested. Must be frustrating for the opponent. Is that part of you tactics, or was it simply that you were exhausted? ;)

Thanks for sharing!

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2012, 23:34 

Well, thats the video. I play rarely curved, that may be because of my light back problem of my 47 years old and rarely curve myself. :P That may be disturbing for the opposite, curving, bending, doing all the hard work and losing for a guy that does almost anything besides putting the ball back. :D That specific guy also makes lots of disturbing strategies like every 6 points stops completely the game, catchs his towels, fix the table, complaints about everything etc, so my behavier also can disturb him. :rofl: I try to vary my serves, twiddle a lot and the big one: try to make him a good spin shot, catch it with my OX LP and then just wait him to attack again, the ball rarely comes back, it really goes to the net because of the inversion. ;) I rarely have to wait the ball on these cases. :up: I also serve a high spin ball with inverted and receive back with OX LP, like all of us that have a X number of strategies. :?:

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2012, 00:05 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Jonas you'd blow my mind with your "bored" look and also your very strange grip on the bat. Just looking at the way you hold it has me kinda baffled! Talk about strategy!! The reversal you seem to be getting off his loops was mad (huge). I haven't checked your sig for your setup, but I'd love to get what you get LOL.

It looks like that was late at night and most people had gone home, was it?

edit: checked your sig, dtecs on a reimpact...explains it somewhat :P

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2012, 05:59 

Yes it was late at night , :D our championship finishes with the veterans, so nobody is still there except the players and judges.
I play Seemmiller grip, Re-Impact KK7, a new model made just for me as Achim said, it is not on the site. It has the most reversal with OX LP GDT as Achim says, it has a soft feeling, great control but not that fast for attacks.
My bored way changes sometimes from bored to tired, :lol: I play worse when very active on the game :whew: so I let my nerves down and play like nothing is happening until I start to lose then I become more anxious and nervous. :P I hate to lose but I try to put my confidence on my strange game and bat. ;)
Strategy: Lots of them:
Receive with OX red, twiddle to black, then OX red sometime the ball will fall or come high and I finish with black
Receive with black, then red etc
Serve with black, then red... :lol: :rofl:
Serve with red, then black...
I can twiddle very fast so I can keepind doing this until I have opportunity to finish the point or the opponent make a mistake.
Then I do not twiddle and keep more with red, that can make
more impredictable. It is like playing chess, every game is different, we never know, but the possibilities are infinite.
:D

Last edited by Jonas on 20 Sep 2012, 22:14, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2012, 06:27 
Reverse Psychologist
Reverse Psychologist

Blade: Victas Matsushita Off
FH: Tibhar EL-s 1.9
BH: Victas Curl P1V 1.0
You must have been very tired after that match...

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2012, 08:22 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
Really great style! Enjoyed watching it. How much does your blade weigh?

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2012, 08:41 
Freak of Nature!
Freak of Nature!

You must be a popular man at the club. I'd be sleeping with bars on my windows if I played like that :rofl:

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2012, 20:39 

We play against each other but we are good friends, sometimes I dont bother losing for a good friend guy who wishes a lot to win. :D We get angry playing against others local clubs, like that guy on the video, that we mind a lot. :@
One friend of mine who plays tennis, not TT, said we have to play enjoying each movement, to exercise, to improve our skills and be happy :clap: We dont leave home, get transit to get mad or angry. :@ We are not going to the Olimpics anyway :lol: sob we should enjoy our game like a special present we give to us. Win or lose is a part of that, we have to keep improving and of course the winning part is GREAT :D

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!