OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 12:59

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68 ... 82  Next
PostPosted: 30 Mar 2018, 17:56 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
peterpong wrote:
you play well with the aggressor.are your results better with this rubber?

Thanks. Can’t really say yet. Played 4 league matches. Ok results, nor better nor worse than with anti after only a month (soon two) of training with it. But I was closer to best a few fellows with Aggressor than with anti. And I beat a few more easy with Agg than anti. But that might be because of me being in better state of mind, having more fun. As long as we use ABS-ball I will soon be a lot better with Aggresor than with anti but there are always a few players who finds it more difficult to play against me with anti than MP.

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2018, 19:48 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
hi, mate, seen your videos, very nice :up:

i think you have made the right choice for your game style for sure...

your fh is better every time i see your video and when you will be able to play that opening bh of yours with more force, you will be very dangerous... :rock:

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2018, 20:03 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

111Iceman111 wrote:
hi, mate, seen your videos, very nice :up:

i think you have made the right choice for your game style for sure...

your fh is better every time i see your video and when you will be able to play that opening bh of yours with more force, you will be very dangerous... :rock:

Thanks! Yes, more practice so I can put more speed on the ball from BH side (counters and opening against back spin) will help a lot to my game aa a whole. Just need to keep working on my over all speed...

How are you doing? Any change in material yet? There are a few new antis out there...

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2018, 21:27 
Super User

i am playing good...

happy with my current setup i think...i experimented a bit over winter brake, but decided it is not enough time to do some major change like you did...

i have not tried not heard about the new antis out there...whats the word on the street? :)

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2018, 01:10 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

111Iceman111 wrote:
i am playing good...

happy with my current setup i think...i experimented a bit over winter brake, but decided it is not enough time to do some major change like you did...

i have not tried not heard about the new antis out there...whats the word on the street? :)

Reflection from DMS, Tarantula from DrN, Super stop from S&T are new anti’s already or soon to be released. No words yet...

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2018, 02:01 
Super User

uf, a lot for sure...

no reviews yet?

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2018, 19:41 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Here we go again.. :@

Our league game is ended for the season, we played qualification for a higher league a few days ago. It went ok, we beat the other team from another simliar league but lost to the team from the higher league. But my own game was a total disaster :swear: .

I have to say I haven't played that bad in relation to my top level like I did this weekend. I also entered a small local competition on Friday (qualification was on Saturday) and there I lost to a young dude I really should beat easily. The same with qualifications, I lost to two young fellows who I normally should beat without too much troubles. I didn't even get a set aginst these two (although very close ones)! They played loose and low serves to my BH, sometimes fast to my body or short to my FH. I could return but not put preassure on them with my pips. And I was not brave enough to dare to put some speed on the ball with my BH. The few occasions I tried that I put the ball too far or to the net. This caused my attacking game with FH to collapse as well. I managed to make ok first attacks, but since they are vary good at returning my attacks I had to attack 3-4 or 5 times in a row to win. And mostly, at third attack in a row I ended up hitting the net or missing the table. I tried to play a little slower and safer, that was better but nog good enough. I should have

This problem with my FH started already on Friday (I was in a lead 2-0 and thought I had the match, but he played cool, return the ball very lose and with no spin or sometimes attacked, I made misstakes and did not change my game or tactics, lost in 5th). Actually, I have had these problems with continuous FH attacks since we changed to ABS-ball, but more obvious since I changed to he more heavy Aggressor.

My (and my teammates) conclusion was that Aggressor on that blade is too unsecure. If I don't feel safe with BH I play bad with FH. It may work with a slower blade, but that would probably not be better for my FH.

This is why I ordered a Reflection 1,2 mm. I just need to try it and see if it works a little better than Diabolic with ABS-ball. My main problem with Diabolic was that I did not feel safe with it on BH, I never got it to work against loops. Sometimes blocks were ok, sometimes they went very hight, sometimes too long. Sometimes the ball gripped the anti (I could feel it) and sometimes the little spin was left on the ball eftar me hitting it. Very unpredictale, and that was the main problem. I cannot handle a rubber on BH where small differences in ball speed and rotation makes the ball's path differ hugely. An ordinary inverted rubber would have been easier. But the Diabolic was nice for attacking back spin and returnign serves, thos aspects were fien with me.

So... High hopes for Reflections. If I recieve it soon enough, so I can play at least a whole session with it I may enter a smal local competition with it early next week. For now I have a 1,5 mm Mega Block on my main blade, just to get used to the slowness and anti in general (haven't used anit in more than two months). I aslo have a big competition comming up in mid May, and that is where I need to be in good shape again.

But.... I have not given up on MP just yet. But I will wait for Power Pipe to show up (late May probably). Or, I may try the Hellcat a little more. I used in a little yesterday (on my back up blade, when being a trainer for a group where my son practices) and it is really nice. I can push and generate some spin (this I miss from Aggressor), I can slow loop and generate some spin and block safely with several different thechniques. And drive and smash. And hit a sink ball if I hit flat (if I close the bat a little and direct my hit a little upwards there will be some top spin). So you can do a lot with that rubber but it speeds the game up even more than the Agressor. And that is why I hesitate. I know it will take a lot of time to be get comfy at that speed, especially with my FH. It is a completely different game, although a very fun one.

So... this spring/early summer I will need to decide.... going slow or going fast... And I will probably decide to follow the path that I thinkt will be the most fun (but I also wants to win lots of matches...).

So, an expected end to what may have been my most frustrating season so far... (although the season is not quite over yet).

Be well!

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2018, 21:20 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
i agree about security mate.you have to feel as though you can keep the ball in play.Thats why i love the best anti.from what ive read i think reflection will be decent.its getting to a point now with me that in order to win i have to play the same boring style over and over again-ie-chop chop chop to backhand constantly.death by 1000 cuts-water torture-as soon as i deviate i lose easy points.a depressing way to play :headbang:
i also understand the f/h problem-off on some days .i am using raystorm at the moment and i like the throw angle.

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2018, 21:40 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

peterpong wrote:
i agree about security mate.you have to feel as though you can keep the ball in play.Thats why i love the best anti.from what ive read i think reflection will be decent.its getting to a point now with me that in order to win i have to play the same boring style over and over again-ie-chop chop chop to backhand constantly.death by 1000 cuts-water torture-as soon as i deviate i lose easy points.a depressing way to play :headbang:
i also understand the f/h problem-off on some days .i am using raystorm at the moment and i like the throw angle.

Yeah, being bored my your own game is one of the reasons I changed to MP. So the fun part is really important, but it is no fun to loose either....

I am curious of SP on FH but I know that is not for me, I am a looper, not a smasher....

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2018, 22:58 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
Def-attack wrote:
peterpong wrote:

Yeah, being bored my your own game is one of the reasons I changed to MP. So the fun part is really important, but it is no fun to loose either....

I am curious of SP on FH but I know that is not for me, I am a looper, not a smasher....

s/p f/h is due to the fact that im a tennis player and all inverted is off the table due to bad technique.s/p have low throw.
i am trying to be more aggressive to my depriment.
im reading what does this button do by bruce dickinson

skilless_slapper wrote:
Damn, she was breaking that ass down! :rofl:

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2018, 00:53 
Super User

any reason why you didnt order the thinnest one?

i thought you will go that route for sure considering you like to attack with your bh a lot...

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2018, 00:59 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

111Iceman111 wrote:
any reason why you didnt order the thinnest one?

i thought you will go that route for sure considering you like to attack with your bh a lot...

With ABS-ball I think slowness will be more deceptive than spin reversal. I think slowness and then attack with FH will give more points than attacking backspin and then attack with FH. I liked Mega Block 1,5 better than 1,0. I liked Transformer 1,5 better than 1,0.

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2018, 10:32 
Super User

Blade: dr neubauer firewall +
FH: DHS skyline 3 neo 2.15 mm
BH: Dr. Neubauer Agressor 1.5
dear def-attack,

I went to the same problems as you after a month of honeymoon with the agressor 1.3 mm. I practice for 3 hours, Just practicing. No game, nothing than getting to tame that rubber. It went ok and for 2 week I was 6 on 6. I beat the best player of the club. 2200 can rating. The disturbance was there, My Fh attack also. Than nothing, I start to hesitate and boy I suffer. 2 on 6 game. Why that change. I was first afraid and lost confidence. PLaying passively doesn't give a lot. Changing speed and spin is the success. But despite to want to achieve that I had to put the ball on the table first and doing it with precaution is the worse thing with that rubber.

So I went to see my "mentor" a chinese coach who did play on the Chinese A league and explain to me that my blade was probably too fast and too stiff. ( Victas Matsuchita offensive) I notice that on the newbaueur internet site the video of the agressor the player play with the Neubauer firewall plus. A core balsa blade. The all around blade is well known for being fast on counter attack and slower on defensive shot. The player was having a lot of control. Also on Youtube an old chinese coech explain that the best chinese player play almost with a soft blade. ( Stiga blade) So they control very well the shot and then use their body to get the acceleration needed. So After about 5 hours of reading of this blade I decide to buy it.

Yesterday I practice with it and at first I feel it was a little bit slower but the spin was way above the other one. I rediscover my offensive push. The ball sink a lot and it is safe to push hard. My loops were slower but the spin make it sink rapidly on the table. The victas was a killer when I got them but loose a lot of point as it went over the table. My push was almost inexistant and use the bump shot instead against push and chop. Short ball that I have to push was 66% outside of the table when I was pushing hard. But now my push rate is above 80% on the table and my loop about the same percentage. The new racket weight only 65 gramme. My ohter one about 95 gramme.

My chops far from the table rise from 40% to 80% with the new one. I feel I can really play freely without thinking too much about missing. I do miss sometime but it doesn't bother me as much as before as it is often because I'm late on the ball, wrong strategy etc. Not because I'm not controling my blade.

I didn't put that in my blog ( but will) and I'm telling you all that so you understand that you may have a similar problem as your blade seems to be an offensive blade. Maybe it is too hard. If you know pushblocker and richard Mc cafee they are both using this new blade or were using it ( not sure) for quite a long time. And they jus give high mark to this blade.

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2018, 15:48 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Yeaterday I han an hour with the robot (Amicus Pro) and ABS-balls. I tried Aggressor 1,5 on Stiga Allround Evolution, Hellcat 1,5, Mega Block 1,5 and Transformer 1,5 on Stiga Carbonado 190, and Mega Block 1,5 on Revolution.

Aggressor was a little more easy on allround-blade but I didn’t like the feeling, the delay in feedback, the blade bending a little. But I will later try it against real people.

Hellcat is nice for control and also attacks but not as deceptive. Not sure if I would be able to handle the speed.

Mega Block is sooo slow, I had forgotten just how slow :). But very controlled, much better for this ball than Diabolic I think. Not much spin reversal though. Not much difference between the blades, a little lower balls with Revolution perhaps but just as slow with Carbonado. Transformer (a bit worn) was similar to Mega Block with this ball but balls were more spread over the table - less control. Not noticable more back spin compared to Mega Block.

Hopefully I will have Reflection on Friday so I can try it this weekend, and enter the competition on Tuesday.

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2018, 02:24 
Super User

Blade: dr neubauer firewall +
FH: DHS skyline 3 neo 2.15 mm
BH: Dr. Neubauer Agressor 1.5
what exactly are your blades ? I'm curious to see their construction and caracteristics.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68 ... 82  Next