OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 09:23

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54 ... 82  Next
PostPosted: 04 Mar 2017, 00:24 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
Mega Block is for close to the table, you can push and attack back spin and block topspin. You can press (side sweep) back no spin or balls with little top spin. You control the speed very good with it but if opponent sends low and no spin balls you have trouble. But this is pretty much what you can do with it but it does that very good. You can chop from distance even with a fast blade, but you won't win many points there if your opponent have some experience.

If you want to try something in between, go for DMS Beast. But I think you will still ask yourself if you would be better with MB. Only one way to find out I guess. I think there is a blade and rubber for sale if you look in the thread for MB :)

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2017, 01:01 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
Def-attack wrote:
Mega Block is for close to the table, you can push and attack back spin and block topspin. You can press (side sweep) back no spin or balls with little top spin. You control the speed very good with it but if opponent sends low and no spin balls you have trouble. But this is pretty much what you can do with it but it does that very good. You can chop from distance even with a fast blade, but you won't win many points there if your opponent have some experience.

If you want to try something in between, go for DMS Beast. But I think you will still ask yourself if you would be better with MB. Only one way to find out I guess. I think there is a blade and rubber for sale if you look in the thread for MB :)

Appreciated.I saw the sale items cheers :up:
Have you experimented with anything else on the backhand or are you just sticking with the MB constantly.

skilless_slapper wrote:
Damn, she was breaking that ass down! :rofl:

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2017, 01:06 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

peterpong wrote:
Def-attack wrote:

Have you experimented with anything else on the backhand or are you just sticking with the MB constantly.

I have used many different LPs, SPs, MPs and antis. Go throug my blog to see some of them :)

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2017, 01:32 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Def-attack wrote:
peterpong wrote:
Def-attack wrote:

I have used many different LPs, SPs, MPs and antis. Go throug my blog to see some of them :)

im sorry mate.i meant since using MB.(im assuming you aint tried anything else since that)
I like the juic neo anti and use it for match play but ive tried a few other antis.i always go back to the neo though.

skilless_slapper wrote:
Damn, she was breaking that ass down! :rofl:

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2017, 04:06 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

peterpong wrote:
Def-attack wrote:
peterpong wrote:
[quote="Def-attack"]Mega Block is for close to the table, you can push and attack back spin and block topspin. You can press (side sweep) back no spin or balls with little top spin. You control the speed very good with it but if opponent sends low and no spin balls you have trouble. But this is pretty much what you can do with it but it does that very good. You can chop from distance even with a fast blade, but you won't win many points there if your opponent have some experience.

im sorry mate.i meant since using MB.(im assuming you aint tried anything else since that)
I like the juic neo anti and use it for match play but ive tried a few other antis.i always go back to the neo though.[/quote]

I haven't tried any other lately

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2017, 19:40 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
def, can you compare h3n vs h8 vs h350?

i am still searching for h3n alternative bcs it is too slow for me and i dont want to hassle with boosters...

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2017, 21:28 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

111Iceman111 wrote:
def, can you compare h3n vs h8 vs h350?

i am still searching for h3n alternative bcs it is too slow for me and i dont want to hassle with boosters...

Boosted H8 has slightly lower throw than H3 and more speed. H3-50 is even slower and might have even higher throw, not sure since I haven't used H3 for many years.

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2017, 23:17 
Super User

FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
ok, so h3-50 is definitely out, i need a faster version of h3n...i am really interested in xiom tau and sanwei target national...

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2017, 06:34 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

This season is comming to an end. Best one so far for me :). I got a win-loss ratio of 11-8 in our division 3 and 11-9 in our small local veteran league (with some very good players). My ranking was around #2000 in Sweden in August and now it is very near 1500. My ranking points has increased from 1418 to 1586 during this period. But most important - my game has gotten better and better all the time. I feel much more secure now with Mega Block on the Revolution blade. I was never all happy with the low throw on FH but changing back to H8 from Victas V15 was good, better brush loops againt pushes.

Two days ago I tried a brand new H3Neo. It felt very dead at first, but better after an hour. But when I got home I boosted it with Falco Long (two layers). Tonight I glued it on (not really ready for playing but I had no other option). Geeee.... what a difference. It felt much better, more arc, more feeling, more speed. Suddenly I felt I couldn't miss. Even BH loops worked nice. Much better than H8 (and cheaper). So I will keep this and probably use it next season.

I might give Dr N Bison 1,8 mm a try later, but I am actually very pleased with Mega Block for the moment. I am getting better at keeping ball low and also attacking and hitting. So no big changes for me this point.

Be well!

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2017, 16:15 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

I ordered a 1,8 mm Dr N Bison... looking forward to try it :)

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2017, 01:32 

FH: RITC 802-1 OX
BH: Spinlab Vortex 0.5mm
I look forward to hearing how it goes with Bison. In my opinion Neubauer sponges are extremely slow, sometimes more so than the MSP sponge.

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2017, 06:45 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Tried 1,8 mm DrN Bison on my Revolution blade. Nice rubber, very non-bendy (stiff, like cardboard). Clearly faster than Mega Block 1,5 mm. Faster than 1,5 mm Transformer on a Stiga Carbonado blade. And also clearly less spin reversal compared to Transformer and Mega Block. Bison reminds me about DMS BEAST in how it behaves, but BEAST is a little softer and maybe less spin reversal. Bison is however more dynamic and it is pretty slow when blocking but it has gears, so when attacking it has much more speed than Mega Block or Transformer. It is more allround. Angle is a little lower than Transformer, but maybe not as low as Mega Block. I guess spin reversal could be better if I tried it on a different blade. What I liked was that attacks were better and with more speed, but without the cork screw balls and lots of reversal I won't get many chances to attack, besides attacking serves. I have removed it but I might try it again and with the robot compare a few antis to each other, on both Revolution and on Carbonado. I am hoping (if I don't wreck any more antis when removing them) to compare Bison with Transformer 1,5, Mega Block 1,0 and 1,5 mm. I might end up with Transfomer or Mega Block 1,0...

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2017, 08:05 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

I think that its imperative to compare as quickly as possible,eg-i have 3 grubba pros(2 CUT DOWN)
i have juic neo anti 2mm on 2.i have recently glued best anti in 2mm on the 3rd one to do a direct comparison.
i really like it but need to play several good players before i make the change.
i used to use 3 grubba all plus blades before i sold them.
if you dont have identicle blades its difficult to compare quickly.
i obviously appreciate that your blades cost a lot :cash:
Regarding quickly comparing.
i took the 3 grubba pros to the club and played a decent looper.within 5 mins i had disguarded 2 f/h rubbers due to the throw angle on the blocks.i was using s/p on one of the blades and the blocks were so easy.

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2017, 14:46 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

I have played Mega Block on Revolution for 6 months and I have been practicing every week against the opponent I played yesterday. He felt the difference between Mega Block and Bison very clearly. Also I have two Carbonado-blades so I can compare how rubbers work on that blade very easy. But I am bot about to change blade, I want something that works on Revolution.

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2017, 23:59 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Here is a clip from the end of yesterday's session, when we played a few sets (Bison on BH):

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54 ... 82  Next