OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 30 Mar 2024, 10:40

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 ... 82  Next
PostPosted: 20 Apr 2017, 03:26 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
nice play def...

you have clearly improved since last video posted...no more going away from the table, much more aggressive with fh...better serves...

keep it up! :up:

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2017, 05:54 
Super User

+1. Very positive and confident play DA. :up:

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2017, 06:37 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
I tried to keep a scientiffic approach to testing anti's concerning blocking length and back spin. So I let a robot and fixed bats decide (all 4 testet on Stiga CArbonado 190, and all but Mega-Block 1,5 mm tested on Revolution blade). Mega-Block 1,5 mm has by far the shortest blocks, even shorter on Carbonado than Revolution ( :o ). But it looks like Transformer has the most spin reversal, even though Mega-Block 1,5 comes close. For some reason Mega-Blocok 1,0 mm is rather far away fro 1,5 mm. Bison and Mega-Block 1,0 are pretty similar. Bison seems to be slower on Carbonado.
That rubbers seems slower on Carbonado might have someting to do with how well I could attach the blades to the iron box.

Now I want to test Bison on Carbonado in training, and also Transformer on Revolution. But I might as well end up with Mega-Block 1,5 mm on Revolution. We'll see....

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2017, 15:16 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

I destroyed my freshest Mega-Block when I removed it from my unsealed blade. Now my blade (Revolution) is sealed and since I through testing have decided to stay with Mega-Block I ordered a new fresh rubber. Back on track... But I moved Bison to my Stiga Carbonado-blade, will try it there to see how it plays.

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2017, 18:38 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
It can be your 2nd offensive setup when you need it... Against defenders or such...

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 29 May 2017, 00:56 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Now the season is even more finished... I entered a competition with players from all over Sweden this extra long weekend (holiday on Thursday) together with my son. I had some focus on his matches so that might actually have been good for my own :). First day I entered a class for people with less rating points than 2000 (I have 1594 today, the highest in Sweden is Xu Hui with around 3100, my son has 500). I lost the first group match to a 62 years old (very experienced) player ranked around 1900. He crushed me :). Oh, did I mentioned that all matches in this competition was played with XuShaofa seamless balls? No spin at all. Anyway, next two matches in group stage was won in deciding set, very satisfying (for me :) ). But then I lost to a fast and smart playing boy born 2003 (he playes the same league as I and is ranked about 200 points over me) in the first round after group stage. I was rather ok with that, I served poorly (too long) and I lost the last two sets 11-9 after I had been in the lead, I was a little un-focused.

Next day I entered a lower class, below 1750 rating points (the two I lost to precious day were not allowed here). I won my group, beating a rather secure defender in three straight, and a good player with 802-40 on BH (won in 5th) and also to a player that was not good. First round after group stage I faced a young hard hitting fellow who I managed to beat 11-9 in fifth, phew... He is lower ranked but had been besting several very good players the last days, including the young one who beat me previous day. I was very happy with that win! Next up was a defender with FIII on BH, who loops good on both sides, hits well even with LP. He best me 2 years ago in the same tournament. First three sets were very even, then he won 11-0 :). In the fifth I turned the tables and won 11-1!

Then I had to play another defender with FIII. He played more classic defence and I was well into that now (but my shoulder was hurting). I won in three straight! It felt very good.

Then there was the final! A young player, top seeded (I was not seeded) in this class. He was very confused by my anti at first but he managed to win 2nd set. In 4th I was in a lead but played a little sloppy, lost 12-10. I got a good lead in 5th but again made some easy misstakes. I was down 10-8 and he was to serve. But I made a good return and god a good chance for a FH kill to hos body - bom! 10-9 and he called for time out. Next I managed to do another good return and he missed the ball. Even. Then I won one, he served fast low spin, I pushed far. 11-11. Then I won the next two and the match and the whole tournament!

Feels like a very good end to the season. My rating will be a lot higher next week when the new ranking is released. I was suposed to play today as well, but my shoulder was hurting too much so instead Infocused on my sons playing. Felt nice :).

PostPosted: 29 May 2017, 05:20 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
Def-attack wrote:
Now the season is even more finished... I entered a competition with players from all over Sweden this extra long weekend (holiday on Thursday) together with my son. I had some focus on his matches so that might actually have been good for my own :). First day I entered a class for people with less rating points than 2000 (I have 1594 today, the highest in Sweden is Xu Hui with around 3100, my son has 500). I lost the first group match to a 62 years old (very experienced) player ranked around 1900. He crushed me :). Oh, did I mentioned that all matches in this competition was played with XuShaofa seamless balls? No spin at all. Anyway, next two matches in group stage was won in deciding set, very satisfying (for me :) ). But then I lost to a fast and smart playing boy born 2003 (he playes the same league as I and is ranked about 200 points over me) in the first round after group stage. I was rather ok with that, I served poorly (too long) and I lost the last two sets 11-9 after I had been in the lead, I was a little un-focused.

Next day I entered a lower class, below 1750 rating points (the two I lost to precious day were not allowed here). I won my group, beating a rather secure defender in three straight, and a good player with 802-40 on BH (won in 5th) and also to a player that was not good. First round after group stage I faced a young hard hitting fellow who I managed to beat 11-9 in fifth, phew... He is lower ranked but had been besting several very good players the last days, including the young one who beat me previous day. I was very happy with that win! Next up was a defender with FIII on BH, who loops good on both sides, hits well even with LP. He best me 2 years ago in the same tournament. First three sets were very even, then he won 11-0 :). In the fifth I turned the tables and won 11-1!

Then I had to play another defender with FIII. He played more classic defence and I was well into that now (but my shoulder was hurting). I won in three straight! It felt very good.

Then there was the final! A young player, top seeded (I was not seeded) in this class. He was very confused by my anti at first but he managed to win 2nd set. In 4th I was in a lead but played a little sloppy, lost 12-10. I got a good lead in 5th but again made some easy misstakes. I was down 10-8 and he was to serve. But I made a good return and god a good chance for a FH kill to hos body - bom! 10-9 and he called for time out. Next I managed to do another good return and he missed the ball. Even. Then I won one, he served fast low spin, I pushed far. 11-11. Then I won the next two and the match and the whole tournament!

Feels like a very good end to the season. My rating will be a lot higher next week when the new ranking is released. I was suposed to play today as well, but my shoulder was hurting too much so instead Infocused on my sons playing. Felt nice :).

Congratz, DA! ;)

PostPosted: 31 May 2017, 04:02 

Blade: VKMD
FH: Hurricane 3
BH: SSPC 2, 1.5
Hey! That "rather secure" defender, might have been me! Did he have long hair and tattoos? Playing that event immediately after the final of the under 1500 event was tough, I did much better on saturday.

PostPosted: 31 May 2017, 04:16 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Rawr wrote:
Hey! That "rather secure" defender, might have been me! Did he have long hair and tattoos? Playing that event immediately after the final of the under 1500 event was tough, I did much better on saturday.

Well, if you changed from being a lefty to right handed due to an accident, it should be you :)

PostPosted: 31 May 2017, 04:51 

Blade: VKMD
FH: Hurricane 3
BH: SSPC 2, 1.5
That was definitely me then. It was fun to play with you, I hope we can meet again next season! :D

PostPosted: 31 May 2017, 05:17 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Rawr wrote:
That was definitely me then. It was fun to play with you, I hope we can meet again next season! :D

Agreed! I look forward to follow your progress.

Was it P-4 0,5 mm you were using? If you want more back spin on first chop, and some more spin reversal and funkiness at the table (but more difficult to attack), try Dawei 388D (not D-1) or some other LP with less grip. It would suit your chopping style good, since you don't use your wrist very much when chopping. But that is just a minor tip, practicing is a lot more important :)

Keep precticing, and I'll play you next year!

PostPosted: 31 May 2017, 11:03 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Blade: Donic Waldner Senso V1
FH: Victas VS401
BH: Victas Triple Regular
Well done on the tournament. What did you win for that?

Nice video above as well. Looked like the shorter the ball, the more backspin it had? Why is that do you think?

PostPosted: 31 May 2017, 15:38 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Cobalt wrote:
Well done on the tournament. What did you win for that?

Nice video above as well. Looked like the shorter the ball, the more backspin it had? Why is that do you think?

Thanks. The closest vid above is from a training session where I tried Dr N Bison. I stayed with Mega-Block.

I think I won because I felt very confident, and I had no expectations to win. I had some luck with nets and edges at the right moments but that normally comes with good form, good timing and when knees and legs feel fresh.

Most of all I played well because I have found a proper game pattern that works, fy FH attack feels solid, and I have stayed with my set up for more than a few months :).

PostPosted: 05 Jul 2017, 06:18 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Tonight I tried sand paper bats for the first time. Great fun! We almost did not wanted to change back :)
A short clip from third set:
http://youtu.be/tDAl4TGLrC4

PostPosted: 21 Jul 2017, 22:52 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Today I played my first session in a couple of weeks and I tried Transformer 1,5 mm on the Revolution blade. We used the new Stiga 40+ ball (Perform) wich feels harder and a lot more consistent (roundness, bounce, etc) than the old 40+ Stiga. But when it comes to spin it is more similar to seamless balls than the old Stiga 40+. Very little back spin when blocking with anti. That is why I tried Transformer. But I can't really say there was a lot more back spin in my blocks, only a larger amount of unpredictability (for me and my opponent). Sometimes low, sometimes high and long. Anyway, Revolution and Transformer was not a good match (as Amir A and some others already had pointed out). Not sure what to do now... perhaps try the new Der Materialspezialist blade Power Control? https://der-materialspezialist.com/Blad ... ::126.html
But it is slightly faster than Revolution, but that may not be too much of a problem (Stiga Carbonado 190 wich is a fast blade did not feel very fast for my BH with Transformer). Or perhaps I should try Carbonado with Transfomer again? Or perhaps just return to Mega Block on Revolution and keep practicing in keeping blocks low and short.... Hmmmm.... decisions, decisions...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 ... 82  Next