OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 01:02

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 ... 82  Next
PostPosted: 19 Jan 2017, 08:06 
Super User

Blade: Palio WAY-003
FH: Yinhe Mars II medium
BH: Yinhe 955
I did the search in my native tongue but I found even better, a video:

I do use a subset of the excercises which fits into +-1 minute, reduced to the very parts of the body that are problematic when cold.
I complete warming up with short-stepping and some jumps with the first strokes at the table.

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2017, 05:00 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
just try MB with some other blades except carbonado and find the blade that has lowest throw..and use upward motion while blocking, not downward...i guarantee you that is the whole point...

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2017, 06:48 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
111Iceman111 wrote:
just try MB with some other blades except carbonado and find the blade that has lowest throw..and use upward motion while blocking, not downward...i guarantee you that is the whole point...

Yes, I will. Tonight I played my veteran league and lost 3 of 4 very closely. I would have needed more spin reversal and slower BH-anti.

I have a few paths. I could try MB 2.0 mm on Carbonado 190 (or 290?). But no good reversal...

I have my slow Cubixx blade that I need to evaluate and for now I have 1,5 mm Transformer on it. Will try MB on it. But I am afraid to loose my FH.

I might also try something like Crystal or even Revolution because I really want MB but with better reversal.

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2017, 09:42 
Super User

carbonado is simply not good for fanti, i am now sure of it...bcs of your observations and my own...pick the blade with which you have the highest reversal and then adjust fh rubber to it...or put more booster on h3...

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2017, 17:24 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

111Iceman111 wrote:
carbonado is simply not good for fanti, i am now sure of it...bcs of your observations and my own...pick the blade with which you have the highest reversal and then adjust fh rubber to it...or put more booster on h3...

Yep, that is my plan. A red and a black crystal carbon is on its way. I was thinking about a T-6 also but that will have to wait. I might also consider Revolution. But I know I did not like Terror because it did not feel solid or stiff enough. Destroyer was better but it had a small sweet spot. How do you like Revolution in terms of stability (when you use max force to loop back a loop for instance) and in terms of sweet spot? How is the throw angle of Revolution compared to Carbonado 190?

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2017, 20:40 
Super User

revolution is much better than carbonado for fanti, but what i didnt like is the feel on fh...it was a little too dull...what is good for fanti...destroyer is more lively so better for fh but little less good for mb...you cant have everything i guess...

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2017, 21:33 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

111Iceman111 wrote:
revolution is much better than carbonado for fanti, but what i didnt like is the feel on fh...it was a little too dull...what is good for fanti...destroyer is more lively so better for fh but little less good for mb...you cant have everything i guess...

I am about to order a Revolution and a 1.5 mm MB. Will report back when I have tried it :)

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2017, 08:49 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

I have now on the way one flared Revolution at 80 gr that I will later sand down to a straight handle (even lighter). This, along with a MB 1,5 mm will hopefully arrive Tuesday in time for practice Tuesday night. I will try to use a glue sheet on the new MB (I will use Iceman's trick and put it on a sheet of glass and then remove it over and over again to get rid of some stickiness). I will try Revolution with both H8 and v15 on FH.

Also, I am waiting for my two HRT Crystal Carbon one red and one black (ordered at Eacheng, along with a 61 seconds Lightning, tacky). That will take a week or two to get. But I will try those too with MB 1,5. And perhaps my Cubixx blade. Then I will decide what gives me the best combination BH/FH. This might take a month or so...

I am very thrilled :)

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2017, 04:07 
Super User

haha nice...i am really curious to hear what will you say to the mb revolution combo compared to the carbonado... :up:

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2017, 03:57 

Blade: Vodak Rebel OFF
FH: Tenergy 25FX max.
BH: DMS Mega-Block 1,5mm
Hello guys, I have long been a fan of the three of you (Amir-Def Attack, Iceman) im playing three months with 1.5 MB and with this rubber love table tennis even more. But it bothers me one thing that you are dealing with here, too. My game is very similar to the Iceman, close to the table block and attack with anti FH.

Until now playing with blade Petr Korbel OFF on FH I have Victas V01 Limber, I was happy with this setup, but a colleague lent me Viscaria, FH was much better, which motivates me to change the blade. The truth is that I do not know how good the carbon blade with anti. When im watching the video Def-Attack i see that MB on Carbonado jumps very high, which I wanted to avoid. But I understand that it is a tax for a good forehand.

I have a couple of blades that would like to buy, and I would be glad if someone had the experience of one of those blades especially with MB or transformer.

Zhang Jike ALC, Timo Boll ZLF, Innerforce ALC, Apolonia, Freitas ALC. Viscaria, Crest OFF Donic, Stiga Carbonado 90

Thank you for feedback :) and sorry for my english :headbang:

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2017, 04:37 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

chrisjeri wrote:
Hello guys, I have long been a fan of the three of you (Amir-Def Attack, Iceman) im playing three months with 1.5 MB and with this rubber love table tennis even more. But it bothers me one thing that you are dealing with here, too. My game is very similar to the Iceman, close to the table block and attack with anti FH.

Until now playing with blade Petr Korbel OFF on FH I have Victas V01 Limber, I was happy with this setup, but a colleague lent me Viscaria, FH was much better, which motivates me to change the blade. The truth is that I do not know how good the carbon blade with anti. When im watching the video Def-Attack i see that MB on Carbonado jumps very high, which I wanted to avoid. But I understand that it is a tax for a good forehand.

I have a couple of blades that would like to buy, and I would be glad if someone had the experience of one of those blades especially with MB or transformer.

Zhang Jike ALC, Timo Boll ZLF, Innerforce ALC, Apolonia, Freitas ALC. Viscaria, Crest OFF Donic, Stiga Carbonado 90

Thank you for feedback :) and sorry for my english :headbang:

You have no reason to be sorry for your english. I think you have a better chance to get more responses if you post this in the Mega Block thread. I have not tried any of the blades you mentioned.

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2017, 08:05 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Tonight I finally got to try the Revolution blade. I put a brand new Megablock 1,5 to it with glue sheet. Unfortunately there was no time for sealing the blade (will do it later). On FH I glued a well used Victas V15.

I began with some warming up, just FH-FH drives and then loop to block. Same with BH. Blade felt nice, not that far from Carbonado. The big difference is how fast the ball leaves the bat, with Revolution it is like the ball is afraid of the bat and wants to leave it as quick as possible. So less time to impart spin and balls trajectory is less of an arc compared to Carbonado. Still, no problems looping. Hard hitting is very good with this blade, ball shoots like a canon. In some ways it feels really fast but on low impact it feels really slow.

One of the best things with Carbonado is the huge sweet spot. Not sure about Revolution yet but most likely it is more "normal".

After warming up I changed FH to the H8 I have been using last month or so. It felt good as well, not as fast but more controlled, les long shots and better serving. But not as easy for BH-looping as V15.

Then I did some anti-blocking and hitting with anti. Clearly better than with Carbonado , more secure, lower, more reversal (new rubber could have something to do with it as well) and better for hitting/attacking. I think I can be more agressive with my BH-anti with this blade.

I don't really feel that I miss something from Carbonado, except for the touch and the feeling when you have used the same blade for a long time, when you are familiar with it. I might miss a little of the arc for FH looping.

Tonight after training i sealed the FH side. Not sure if that will affect anything, I usually don't feel any difference.

So far so good...

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2017, 19:54 
Super User

Def-attack wrote:
Then I did some anti-blocking and hitting with anti. Clearly better than with Carbonado , more secure, lower, more reversal (new rubber could have something to do with it as well) and better for hitting/attacking.

nope...the blade, like i told you...glad that you have come to your senses :rofl: :lol: :up: :party: :rock: :clap:

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2017, 20:00 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

111Iceman111 wrote:
Def-attack wrote:
Then I did some anti-blocking and hitting with anti. Clearly better than with Carbonado , more secure, lower, more reversal (new rubber could have something to do with it as well) and better for hitting/attacking.

nope...the blade, like i told you...glad that you have come to your senses :rofl: :lol: :up: :party: :rock: :clap:

Hehe... but I felt on the surface of the new MegaBlock that it was a little more slick than my well used one. But most of the increased spin reversal is probably from the blade change. Carbonado has a rather soft outer ply to get that wooden feel even though it is a fast carbon blade. I still think Carbonado 190 is the best blade I have used, just not for my current style and anti.

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2017, 01:05 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Just found an interesting match, I believe the young dude uses ABS on BH. But I am even more inpressed by the older one, having lots of weight on his knees and still playing such great blocking and attacking game (also anti on BH?):
http://youtu.be/k2psaO293og

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 ... 82  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!