OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 22:42

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 82  Next
PostPosted: 19 Dec 2016, 08:15 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
Def-attack wrote:
Well, time to sumarize this autumn. It's been by far the most exhausting autumn in my life so far. Not much of it has to do with table tennis but with family and work. It culminated a few days ago when my wife had to undergo some surgery for her right shoulder, forcing her not to lift anything or use right arm for anything next 4 weeks and work with rehab for three months. My right shoulder have been hurting a lot since the beginning of the summer (when I worked a lot in our garden, digging, carpeting and painting). We have also have had a bathroom in our house renovated (lots of energy lost there), both of us started new jobs this autumn. We have had a really hard time with our daughter (12 years) and her self confidence and other issues, and we lost a young close relative in the worst kind of way earlier this autumn. I would like to sleep for a month or so...

On the bright side though: my son (10 years) is deep into table tennis now. He has been practicing in my club for 2 months now. Today he entered his first competition and it went ok, two losses and one win. And he enjoyed it! This might make it more easy for me to enter competitions, but I don't get as much time for my own practice as I used to.

But I have actually raised my ranking a few steps this autumn. I am now at position 1806 in my contry (I was around 1980 when season started) and hopefully I can keep climbing.

Today I also ordered some new stuff just for fun. I bought Yasaka Rising Dragon for my main setup, will probably try it this Thuesday. I also bought DMS blade Cubixx (slow controlled blade for close to table block). I will move my Dr Neubauer Power Attack to this blade. I tried that rubber again against the lefty from my lagest clips a few posts above. It was fun! And that is what I need right now. It also generated almost as good spin reversal as Mega Block. But is is way faster so I need a slower blade. I might consider making this my main set up if it works well. We'll see...

Be well!

There's always those kind of episodes in a human life. You only can go thorugh them: not much else you can do. I hope everything works out for your family and yourself.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2016, 16:36 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
Lorre wrote:
There's always those kind of episodes in a human life. You only can go thorugh them: not much else you can do. I hope everything works out for your family and yourself.

Thanks!

You are right of course. It is this thing called life... just a little more intense than usual for the moment :).

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2016, 20:12 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
just hang in there mate, year is almost over :party:

tell your impressions about Yasaka Rising Dragon when it arrives especially in comparison vs H3...happy holidays!

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2016, 02:58 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

111Iceman111 wrote:
just hang in there mate, year is almost over :party:

tell your impressions about Yasaka Rising Dragon when it arrives especially in comparison vs H3...happy holidays!

Thanks!
I will report on the dragon

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2016, 06:27 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
take care and report on this please when you get the time-DMS blade Cubixx-i was looking at their blades last night-im using an ALL blade for close to the table play at the moment-very controlled.

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2016, 05:42 
Super User

Blade: Palio WAY-003
FH: Yinhe Mars II medium
BH: Yinhe 955
I am enjoying this blog quite a lot and I took some valuable information out of it - at least up to the moment you've switched to Anti.
You've used the WP1013 a couple of years ago and, albeit it was quite a short period, you may have an idea on some rubbers that aren't too different but offer more disruptiveness and/or spin, more deception. I've had Kokutaku 110 previously which was quite irritant for my opponents but it had almost no feel and due to that it was very hard to control on my preferred blade.
I may obtain 388D-1 and Galaxy 955 to give them a try as well, maybe I'll add CK531A also. Primarily it's for block, counter, hitting and so on, but since last month I'm practicing to chop as well. 563-1 is still on the shelve and will come to action when I think I'm done testing.

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2016, 07:25 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Red wrote:
I am enjoying this blog quite a lot and I took some valuable information out of it - at least up to the moment you've switched to Anti.
You've used the WP1013 a couple of years ago and, albeit it was quite a short period, you may have an idea on some rubbers that aren't too different but offer more disruptiveness and/or spin, more deception. I've had Kokutaku 110 previously which was quite irritant for my opponents but it had almost no feel and due to that it was very hard to control on my preferred blade.
I may obtain 388D-1 and Galaxy 955 to give them a try as well, maybe I'll add CK531A also. Primarily it's for block, counter, hitting and so on, but since last month I'm practicing to chop as well. 563-1 is still on the shelve and will come to action when I think I'm done testing.

If you look at MP I would recommend Dawei 388c. A little softer pips than Palio and better for blocking at the table, also ok to chop with. I only tested it brief, but it felt promising. I wrote avout it in an MP thread I think, when I had more fresh in memory. I used Palio on a soft def-blade. Not good. I guess a Joo-blade or something at least that stiff is needed.

If you look at LP I think Feint Long 2 or 755 can do all that. But there are lots of modern rubbers as well, I would test Spinlord Keiller or Gripfelsturm if I was you (but Dawei is cheaper). Good luck!

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2016, 15:23 
Super User

Blade: Palio WAY-003
FH: Yinhe Mars II medium
BH: Yinhe 955
Thanks. I'll look for 388C then, later. First I'll try 388D-1 and a bargain 755 Mystery. BTY and Neubauer etc. are out of the race due to their price, one of my aims is to use a cheap setup sub $50 (it's now +- $35 actually) and still be very competitive.

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2016, 17:36 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Yesterday I tried Yasaka Rising Dragon for the first time. I had some high expectations for this one. But unfortunately my dreams weren't fulfilled... I have been using Victas V15 Extra for some 9 months or so and it is a very good rubber. But when I changed anti on BH to Mega Block and my blocks got a little less spin, the pushes from my opponent more often landed on my side instead of inte the net. This is actually a good thing in the long run, because I can more easily attack those pushes than the ones from Transformer that did land on my side of the table. My game is more fluent now. But - I need a FH rubber to match Mega Block, a rubber with more grip but not neccesarily more speed. This is why I tries YRD. But it had way too low throw for my game, ball went straight to the net. That I could adapt to easily in FH-FH game and it also was great for BH blocking and drives. But the ball left my bat too soon with this rubber. The top sheet is too hard to match that sponge (rather hard) and the little tack wore off after some 10 minutes. I did not feel very comfy when serving, although I did get some spin. I did a drill where I serve short back spin, get a push back to my body, I back away and loop from cross over point to opponents BH, he blocks straight to my far FH, I attack with FH to his FH. My loops on his pushes were harmless, but attackin his blocks were good.

So I removed YRD and placed a well used Hurricane 8 (it was boosted more than a year ago, but still softer than a new H8) on my blade. Big difference in spin on serves and brush loops! Now I could slow loop the pushes with much more spin and he had much more trouble blocking them. Downside is that I don't feel really comfy using my inverted BH right now, but that will come.

One or two years ago I tested Hurricane 3 Neo, H3-50 mid, H3-50 soft, H8. H8 is more dynamic and faster than the others but is felt less tacky than H3-50 and has a lower throw. But my opponent felt I had more spin on loops with H8 than H3-50. Most likely I will stay with H8.

When I changed to Japaneese style rubber last spring I wanted faster loops. I sacrificed spin for that and perhaps some spin deception. I need that more now with Mega Block I think.

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2016, 22:14 

Blade: Nittaku Goriki SD
FH: Donic Baracuda Max
BH: Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX
I play with 2 different combination of rubbers in the same blade model:
one blade with BARACUDA MAX and one with FASTARC P-1.
no doubt best combination with frictionless is BARACUDA for me.
It's a hold rubber, but for me have qualities and a right compromise between chinese rubber and japan rubber.
Thin tacky rubber, good control (for me), easy BH top (when i rotate the blade) and very good spin in service and in top spin.

The Ultimate Light Saber
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX + Toni Hold Dumpening Sponge 0.5 mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 1.5mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX + Toni Hold Dumpening Sponge 0.5 mm
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Der-Materialspezialist Elimination Extralong OX
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 2.0mm

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2016, 22:43 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Ragnolo wrote:
I play with 2 different combination of rubbers in the same blade model:
one blade with BARACUDA MAX and one with FASTARC P-1.
no doubt best combination with frictionless is BARACUDA for me.
It's a hold rubber, but for me have qualities and a right compromise between chinese rubber and japan rubber.
Thin tacky rubber, good control (for me), easy BH top (when i rotate the blade) and very good spin in service and in top spin.

Sounds good. Have you tried any Hurricane?

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2016, 22:51 

Blade: Nittaku Goriki SD
FH: Donic Baracuda Max
BH: Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX
No..
I tried only Sanwei T88 II... very tacky rubber but sponge too hard for me, and i have some problems in backspin rally.
But when i was young i played for longtime with PF4 and with Friendship rubber... at the last (now) i can say.. just a mode, like fashion... Chinese rubbers not good for me and for european players.. need a right blade... and change attitude...

The Ultimate Light Saber
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX + Toni Hold Dumpening Sponge 0.5 mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 1.5mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX + Toni Hold Dumpening Sponge 0.5 mm
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Der-Materialspezialist Elimination Extralong OX
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 2.0mm

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2016, 23:00 
Super User

yes, this is the same conclusion i got...

MB and that new plastic balls, all that considering i saw that i need a rubber on the fh with more spin...

would you say that H8 is playing like boosted H3N or? among all H3 similar rubbers, which one is closest match but you can buy it easy with no worries of fakes or quality?

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2016, 23:01 
Super User

and is carbonado 290 out yet? :)

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2016, 23:11 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

@Iceman: Haven't seen any Carbonado 290 anywhere yet. No reviews either.

H8 and H3Neo are rather similar I think (been a long time since I tried H3 Neo and I don't think I ever boosted it, I mainly used H3-50 on blades that are similar to my present). But H8 is slightly faster and has slightly lower throw. I have never worried about fakes. I gave bought most of my Hurricanes from Japsko and I trust them.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 82  Next