OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 21:26

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51 ... 82  Next
PostPosted: 02 Jan 2017, 17:31 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
Last year ended in a very positive way (if your head is filled with table tennis, that is), when my 10 year old son entered a small local competition and won both classes he entered. He got to play about 11 5-set matches that day (most of them was quickly won). He has a lot to learn when it comes to technique but I was very proud of him when it comes to handle match situations and keeping focus the whole match and the whole tournament. He also learned that you can beat somebody that an hour ago beat you 3-0. And that you can loose to somebody with 3-0 that you beat a few hours ago with the same numbers. His best match was against the fellow that destroyed him in 3-0 in group stage, and when he got to face that boy again in the final. My son lost the first two sets 11-8 or so but played very good and attacked a lot better than when he met him in group stage. Third set my son won rather easy, but in fourth it was was very close. he was down a bit and had like 2 match points against him, but somehow he managed to win that set 13-11. The deciding set was also very close, and finally he managed to win that too, 12-10. I almost had a heart attack :).

Then wenhad a quick lunch and then a new group stage. Thats when he lost 3-0 against a boy he beat 3-0 in semi final in the morning. But he still managed to make it to knock out stage. He got to skip the quarters and went straight to semi, where he won against a safe playing boy with more experience. Then, in the final, he got to meet a boy who he lost closely (3-2) in his first tournament two weeks ago. And this time he was the better one, winning 3-2 :). He felt soo good winning that match. And I was very proud of how he kept his cool, how he re-focused after losses and managed to play good the whole day. He is soo much better than me to handle preassure and nerves (ok, I am aware that this might get harder when he gets older).

I am a bit proud of myself also, being able not to trying to coach him, letting him handle situatons by him self while being close for support if needed. That is a bit tricky I can assure you :)

Happy new year to all of you!

PostPosted: 04 Jan 2017, 07:35 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

I just have to say - what a great match: http://youtu.be/uYKexRQmNAQ
Kostadinovic is a little of a hero to me. His style is so pure, his tactis is simple but very effective and he has perfected it as far as possible I think. I try to adopt some pieces of it into my own game. Not easy...

PostPosted: 04 Jan 2017, 07:54 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
Def-attack wrote:
I just have to say - what a great match: http://youtu.be/uYKexRQmNAQ
Kostadinovic is a little of a hero to me. His style is so pure, his tactis is simple but very effective and he has perfected it as far as possible I think. I try to adopt some pieces of it into my own game. Not easy...

Is that the new ball of DHS? Makes a really strange sound if you ask me. :lol:

PostPosted: 04 Jan 2017, 08:11 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
u seen this one

PostPosted: 04 Jan 2017, 16:03 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

peterpong wrote:
u seen this one

Yes, I've seen them all I think.

PostPosted: 04 Jan 2017, 22:21 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
i hope i will see him again beginning of February when i will go to a tournament in Becej, Serbia...

he is an idol of many of us, i will say hi from the ooak forum :up:

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 04 Jan 2017, 22:31 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

111Iceman111 wrote:
i hope i will see him again beginning of February when i will go to a tournament in Becej, Serbia...

he is an idol of many of us, i will say hi from the ooak forum :up:

Great! Hope you get to film a few matches of him playing :up:.

PostPosted: 04 Jan 2017, 22:54 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
i will for sure try to do that :rock:

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 05 Jan 2017, 03:37 
Dr. Chop-Blogger
Dr. Chop-Blogger

Blade: Butterfly Defense Alpha
FH: H3 Neo
BH: Cloud & Fog III OX
Public service announcement: this blog reached 50,000 views milestone!

:party:

PostPosted: 05 Jan 2017, 04:10 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

pgpg wrote:
Public service announcement: this blog reached 50,000 views milestone!

:party:

Wow, cool. Don't really know if that is good or what, though ;)

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2017, 16:44 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Last weekend I entered a small competition and I played really bad, my legs were like concrete. I did not loose to anyone lower ranked but I did not have that good feeling and my FH clicked big time. I missed the spin reversal of Transformer. I started to think of a slower setup and return to Transformer. I fixed my DMS Cubixx 100 blade and glues my freshest Transformer to it. Very nice. I tried several FH rubbers but dis not find a perfect match. H3-50 was too hard and slow for this All- blade (rather soft). Victas V15 was good but a little bouncy. Yasaka Rising Dragon was good but I wanted more spin so I boosted it. A little better and that is what I have on the blade now. I am thinking of trying something like Donic Bluefire JP 02 or Stiga Airoc Astro S. I want a soft, very grippy/tacky with some speed. I might consider T80 also :). Any input here? I need lots of grip for brush looping back pushes.

Anyway, this setup is something I toy around with, tons of control and enough speed for attacks. Some annoying vibrations though (I am used to stiffer blades). I might try it in my veteran league where I have a small gathering comming up tomorrow.

But I have actually played really good with my main setup lately. I got a chance to play in my clubs main team this weekend and I won all my matches :). We played two team matches in division 3 (5th highest league in Sweden). My best win was against a 13 year old fellow, about #10 in Sweden for his age, ranked around 800 in Sweden (I am at 1800). One of my best wins ever actually :). I also got to beat Erik Linds nephew :) ( he is lower ranked than me so I should win). With my two previous singles in this league I now have a win-loss ration of 6-0 8), to be compared with my 1-28 or something in division 2 last season. Well, there is a huge difference in level between these two, Auzcar can tell you about that.

Still, I am not all satisfyed with MegaBlock and its lower reversal, but against attacking players it works very well, as long as I keep the ball low. And as long as I stay agressive against back spin. Good balance, knees bent and also a good grip on the handle when returning serves and blocking are key elements. Side sweeps are also very important, and, of course, good and appropriate serves that generate pushes or slow spinny attacks.

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2017, 18:12 
Super User

Blade: Palio WAY-003
FH: Yinhe Mars II medium
BH: Yinhe 955
I didn't know that changing the material would fix 'the legs made of concrete'-problem. Do you warm-up properly?

Btw, what I did notice from the vids so far is that you became more and more backhand-oriented since using Anti.

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2017, 18:20 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Red wrote:
I didn't know that changing the material would fix 'the legs made of concrete'-problem. Do you warm-up properly?

Btw, what I did notice from the vids so far is that you became more and more backhand-oriented since using Anti.

I just had a bad day that day, no touch, stiff wrist, no feeling. That happens sometimes. But it triggered my thoughts to try Transformer again, and to do that I needed to put it on a slower blade. That is why I tried Cubixx. But I am not at all sure I will go on and change setup.

Yes, I do use my anti more. But the only recent video from a match I have is against a lefty... that means mor focus on my BH. More BH is also because many opponents play to my BH a lot. ButI have also changed my FH rubber lately from Victas V15 to Hurricane 8 to get mote spin when I loop against pushes, tonget better brush loops. It has worked really well and I use my FH more. Only downside is that it has not been good for my inverted BH strokes...

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2017, 06:37 
Super User

Blade: Palio WAY-003
FH: Yinhe Mars II medium
BH: Yinhe 955
I use a subset of warm-up excercises I took from a Tennis-blog. Focus is on legs and arm&wrist and it helps to get them relaxed and flexible. At least I believe they do help...

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2017, 06:40 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Red wrote:
I use a subset of warm-up excercises I took from a Tennis-blog. Focus is on legs and arm&wrist and it helps to get them relaxed and flexible. At least I believe they do help...

Great! Do you have a link to that page?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51 ... 82  Next