OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 21:53

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69 ... 82  Next
PostPosted: 12 Apr 2018, 05:02 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
maddrag wrote:
what exactly are your blades ? I'm curious to see their construction and caracteristics.

My main blade is Stiga Carbonado 190 (also have a slightly broken back up). I also have Stiga Clipper CR WRB, Allround Evolution. DMS Invictus and Revolution. And a few other...
No idea about construction besides Carbonado has a carbon layer. Caracteristics are well known I guess.

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2018, 01:32 
Super User

Blade: dr neubauer firewall +
FH: DHS skyline 3 neo 2.15 mm
BH: Dr. Neubauer Agressor 1.5
I look at the blade you gave me. Or it is too fast or too stiff. The only one that can work for this rubber maybe the Invictus. It is said that it has 2 speed. For attack and defense. A bit like the firewall Plus. I can find the composite but it worth the try.

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2018, 18:29 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Now I have a 1,5 mm Reflection in my hand. I have ordered a 1,2 for myself but that has not arrived yet. If it arrived today I will use it. Otherwise I may try this 1,5 mm and give my 1,2 to the person I got my 1,5 mm from. Anyway I will try it in some way this weekend (if I get someone to play with). But I guess 1,5 mm will be the slowest I have ever tried :). Not sure how I will like that. I really hope I get my 1,2 mm today.

I will try it on my Carbonado 190 blade (will change as few parameters as possible). It it does not feel like there is any potential to this rubber/style after some matches and training sessions I will first turn to Hellcat and then later Power Pipe. I did try K.O. very briefly, and I may give that a try as well. Or, if I change blade, I may return to Aggressor.... soo many unknown variables in this equation... not happy about that...

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2018, 02:04 
Super User

You said ¨ Or, if I change blade, I may return to Aggressor.... soo many unknown variables in this equation... not happy about that... ¨

The thing that is difficult with ¨searching for the right equipement constantly ¨ is what you call the memory musle. The muscle get use to the movement needed to hit the ball correctly. The brain says yes ¨ this is a good result and stock the information of the movement to redo the same in a similar situation later. Robot are good for that as it can send you the same ball ( spin, speed, placement) over and over and the memory muscle get the right move more rapidly.

Then you get use to that move. You change the rubber, the blade and it can change dramatically the result. The brain is then confused and even stop working (tilt) and you get frustrated. Of course during a tournament it's even worse. Other factors get into the game.

So more you change of equipment more you get trick by the mind that have to find the right move for a particular situation. More change of equipment = more different move stocked in your mind. At the speed of that game, the mind take the wrong solution.

Just think you learned just one equipment. Few choice of move to take by the brain. More rapid is you decision to take the right decision amongs few moves stoked. So more efficient is your result.

Now take 10 differents blades, 10 different rubbers, different style of play. So now billions choice to take at a very speedy pace. The mind took one. Oups ! wrong results. Ok next ball, oups ! not so good. Boy I'm a bad player.

So I think that is the route to aspirin !!! :envy:

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2018, 20:42 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

First test with 1,2 mm Reflection on Carbonado today... extremely slow and safe! Very easy to block loops and block short. Easy tonmake short returns on serves. But you can’t do anything about the lack of spin in the ABS-ball, you need to adapt to the lesser back spin. And this rubber is one way of trying to adapt by making the returns as slow as possible. Another way would be to make the faster to put preassure on the opponent.
I like the Reflection. Inhave tried the fast solution and that requires a very different game. I like to feel safe with BH and attack with FH or twiddle and attack with BH. And for that Reflection is perfect, and probably as good as it can be with the ABS-ball.

This rubber is most similar to Mega Block but with a smoother top and softer sponge. The top sheet is more like Transformer than Mega Blocl with long and hard pips. Sponge is like Mega Block/Transformer but softer and slower.

I am very rusty in my anti-game since I have been using MP on BH for more than two months. So I made many misstakes where I tried to attack back spin in a way that works with Aggressor but is very toothless with Reflection. Also, many blocks went to the net... It will take some time before I am back again in the same shape as before, but I really feel that Reflection has potential. So I will probably enter the small local competition on Tuesday to give it a real test.

Here are a few sets, from poor angle and not with great playing. Not many points where you can see how the anti works, since my opponent is very well used to my anti-style and avoid lots of the strengths of the anti. I also must work on getting my twiddeling back in the game (I did not use with MP).

http://youtu.be/4OGJF_MEets

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2018, 20:54 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
Some questions mate.Do you need the cleaner for the reflection.Did you use a glue sheet.Does it come off easily from the blade.whats the easiest to play with,reflection MB or diabolic.

skilless_slapper wrote:
Damn, she was breaking that ass down! :rofl:

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2018, 21:01 
Super User

Looking good DA :up:

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2018, 21:18 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

peterpong wrote:
Some questions mate.Do you need the cleaner for the reflection.Did you use a glue sheet.Does it come off easily from the blade.whats the easiest to play with,reflection MB or diabolic.

I did not clean it but sure I will use cleaner like with Transformer, Diabolic etc. I use glue sheet (comes for free with the rubber). I glued it yesterday, it will take a little more time before I try to remove it ;). I think Reflection is the easiest of you like slow.

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2018, 09:27 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
at the beginning and at the end there were two nasty blocks :up:

the guy you are playing against is really not using enough spin to get max from the anti...

and you need to switch the muscle memory back to anti lol...also, the way you are attacking the balls with anti is like you have the inverted, you are making a bh spin motion which is not good imo, the ball, even if you get it on the table, will not be dangerous...the attack must be more like a push motion forward like AA do it...that the ball go fast and have a bit underspin so opponent need to spin it back and than you block...

other than that it shows that you are rusty with anti but it will all come back...good fh though, you are really better with it...i think that safe game with bh and then strong fh suit you more than 2 wing attacking...

on the other note, pls consider to come to AA training camp this time...i will 99% be there so we can finally meet in person :rock:

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2018, 15:20 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

111Iceman111 wrote:
at the beginning and at the end there were two nasty blocks :up:

the guy you are playing against is really not using enough spin to get max from the anti...

and you need to switch the muscle memory back to anti lol...also, the way you are attacking the balls with anti is like you have the inverted, you are making a bh spin motion which is not good imo, the ball, even if you get it on the table, will not be dangerous...the attack must be more like a push motion forward like AA do it...that the ball go fast and have a bit underspin so opponent need to spin it back and than you block...

other than that it shows that you are rusty with anti but it will all come back...good fh though, you are really better with it...i think that safe game with bh and then strong fh suit you more than 2 wing attacking...

on the other note, pls consider to come to AA training camp this time...i will 99% be there so we can finally meet in person :rock:

It will take some time to get back in shape... I need to work a little on those attacks, but my plan is to twiddle and attack with inverted when I get a push to my BH. The stroke/motion I am doing is great for MP... but I don’t have that now, and the fluttering effect is not nearly as good as with MP on that stroke (with Aggressor the ball curves a lot when slowly lifting a back spin like that).

I’ll see about that course, would be very fun but my family thinks I spend enough time on TT already, being a trainer (10 kids 12 years old), coach and head for my son’s team and him playing competitions, player and being the secretary of the club. Oh,
I forgot, I should be training myself sometimes also ;) So when summer comes my wife think we should focus on other things (like renewing our home) and she is right about that. I will have a look but don’t count on me :(.

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2018, 23:02 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
i hear what you say and tell you that it is only one weekend and the world will not stop bcs you are away for 3 days :rock:

put our introducing to each other aside, but the course is really worth it bcs in 3 days you will for sure improve your game, no matter if you will continue to play with anti or mp :up:

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2018, 16:37 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

A week ago I entered a small local competition, after only one session with Reflection (and after 2 months of using Aggressor on BH). Very rusty but it went ok anyhow. Only one match lost where I should have won. And at least two wins against players I have lost against before. Also one match against a high level player (around #200 in Sweden, with an even win-loss ratio in the third highest league, division 1) where I won the first and had a good chance in second set (missed a few too many opportunities to kill). All in all, I feel Reflection is something to keep working with.

This weekend I entered my club’s internal championships. I am the reigning champ :) but unfortunately I lost in the final to one of my most common training partners (who I beat in the final last time). Anyhow, I had a bad day, not feeling good (had caught a cold, was eating painkillers) so my touch was all gone. I missed many easy FH kills and my wrist felt very stiff, so my BH block was really poor. This also had to do with me needing much more practice with anti-BH before blocks will be in the same class as a year ago (with Mega Block on Revolution and the old plastic ball). But I think I will get there eventually. Just need more practice...

Anyway, another player filmed both semi final and final. Not the best light settings (daytime, strong sun), and pretty far from my best performances. But you can probably get a clue on how Reflection works with ABS ball (Stiga Perform) from these vids:

Semi:
http://youtu.be/Lww-4wZ6gUk

Final:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MQbGN05ZlI

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2018, 02:25 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
well played mate.the reflection seems to have good control,blocks well and looks easy to play with.doesnt seem to cause huge problems though

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2018, 02:56 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

peterpong wrote:
well played mate.the reflection seems to have good control,blocks well and looks easy to play with.doesnt seem to cause huge problems though

With another ball it would cause huge problems :)

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2018, 04:06 
Super User

From the video,your FH attack is about 85% of the time. Very good attack. A slow backhand and we are pivoting and attcking the next ball. I can't figure it out why agressor is not suiting your style ? Are you too much agressive with it and the play become to fast. You start to play your BH too often and leaving your fh attck in the closet ? what was wrong ?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69 ... 82  Next