OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 15:43

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 82  Next
PostPosted: 21 Jul 2017, 23:47 
Super User

Blade: Barna Original Triumph
FH: Yasaka Rakza PO max.
BH: DMS Störkraft 0.8
concerning balls that generate little spin: dont go the megablock/revolution route..try transformer 1.0 /revolution. with these balls you need something with super low trajectory

PostPosted: 22 Jul 2017, 01:01 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
http://www.tabletennisdb.com/rubber/nit ... -anti.html
the best anti in 1.8 is very good if you ever feel the need to try it.tons of control and low throw.
its slow than juic neo

PostPosted: 22 Jul 2017, 01:12 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
peterpong wrote:
http://www.tabletennisdb.com/rubber/nittaku-best-anti.html
the best anti in 1.8 is very good if you ever feel the need to try it.tons of control and low throw.
its slow than juic neo

Well, that is a classic anti and (I think) pretty far from Transformer (frictionless anti). That would force me to change many parts of my game and that ls mot the path I am chosing, at least not for now.

PostPosted: 22 Jul 2017, 01:44 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

AA wrote:
concerning balls that generate little spin: dont go the megablock/revolution route..try transformer 1.0 /revolution. with these balls you need something with super low trajectory

Well, I felt 1,5 mm Transformer on Revolution was a little too fast, so I don't think I will be able to block safely with 1,0 mm. But mostly I say this because I dont want to but yet another expensive rubber and not be sure if it works :).

PostPosted: 22 Jul 2017, 05:59 
Super User

Blade: dr neubauer firewall +
FH: DHS skyline 3 neo 2.15 mm
BH: Dr. Neubauer Agressor 1.5
I have been watching your crusade of your quest through the sp,mp,lp and anti rubber.

Are you fixed now on what kind of rubber to use. Is it finnaly anti ?

At some point you were using millitall 2 like me but i'm still with it and a lot of progress has been made since. At some point you just switched to an other rubber but didn't say why.

I.M.O. I think you need to use a bh rubber that will fit your style :

1- Will prepare yourself for your fh attack if your playing lower rank.

2- In the worst scenario that will prevent the other player to attack you agressively and waiting for the
good moment to counterattack if you play higher rank.

A coach from the chinese national team in youtube said: Always play your best shot against his worst shot. That why you will see chinese player playing their fh loop against the opponent backhand to gain fast advantage.

So find his worst shot and play him.

exemple:
MY best shot: FH loop attack ( skyline 3 Neo)
Agressive, fast backhand push underspin ( millital 2 0.5 mm)
Agressive, fast backhand push flat to light topspin with a light more close bat
Agressive bump BH
Short serve with a lot of mixed underspin & sidespin. ( BH, FH)

As example of plays:

Just plain agressive attack with FH.

I do very good serves that make the ball rise and do a third ball attack sidespin to their BH. (Strategy against lower rank.) I serve about 80% of that serve

I do very short underspin serve against the powerfull looper ( 80% of the time ) I receive a push return and then I can do a rapid heavy underspin push. He then have to do an other push or a slow loop that I can attack with my FH.

Or I do a more closed push that will change the way he need to attack my ball so he often send his topspin outside of the end of the table or his push go to high for a kill.

Now I can also a strong attack with a very agressive bump BH against heavy push or serve ( see jian li) as a surprise and now I can be more competitive against the higher rank.

Of course if he's very good I have to stay short and low as much as possible and see where he's a little bit hesitant and used my shot against his worst shot.

I'm saying that because I rarely read from your forum what shot of the different rubber make you stronger compare to the opponent. For exemple, a rubber can make low rank opponent puzzled buy a reversed spin but when you face a higher rank player he then blast you because he understand reversal.

So I was a player who look for a perfect rubber ( LP, MP, SP) since more than 7 years untill I got a coach who asked me what is your strategy ? what are you good at it? and bad at it ? Until I iddentfy that I was in the dark. When you master a shot, You keep getting better at it and add new shot that better your way of playing until you got plenty and become a good player with all you do.

You order new rubber, play and change. different style, different strategy. So yes you learn to play these rubbers but it's not your goal 4 1/2 years ago. You didn't write down what you want to play and are good at and not so good at.

I'm presently going forward through small changes of rubbers usually thickness of the rubber or very simillar rubber that will better my way of playing not changing it.

I writting this so you understand the struggle here.

(A runner can't decide what running shoes to buy unless he know what kind of race he want to do. what he's is good at it. The wrong way I.M.O is that he can try all kind of running shoes and then do the running that goes with and see if it fit him but it is the long way. It's not the way to get better for sure

Maybe I missunderstand you through your forum. Let me know your understanding.

A table tennis pips lover.

PostPosted: 22 Jul 2017, 17:54 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

maddrag wrote:
I have been watching your crusade of your quest through the sp,mp,lp and anti rubber.

Are you fixed now on what kind of rubber to use. Is it finnaly anti ?

At some point you were using millitall 2 like me but i'm still with it and a lot of progress has been made since. At some point you just switched to an other rubber but didn't say why.

I.M.O. I think you need to use a bh rubber that will fit your style :

1- Will prepare yourself for your fh attack if your playing lower rank.

2- In the worst scenario that will prevent the other player to attack you agressively and waiting for the
good moment to counterattack if you play higher rank.

A coach from the chinese national team in youtube said: Always play your best shot against his worst shot. That why you will see chinese player playing their fh loop against the opponent backhand to gain fast advantage.

So find his worst shot and play him.

exemple:
MY best shot: FH loop attack ( skyline 3 Neo)
Agressive, fast backhand push underspin ( millital 2 0.5 mm)
Agressive, fast backhand push flat to light topspin with a light more close bat
Agressive bump BH
Short serve with a lot of mixed underspin & sidespin. ( BH, FH)

As example of plays:

Just plain agressive attack with FH.

I do very good serves that make the ball rise and do a third ball attack sidespin to their BH. (Strategy against lower rank.) I serve about 80% of that serve

I do very short underspin serve against the powerfull looper ( 80% of the time ) I receive a push return and then I can do a rapid heavy underspin push. He then have to do an other push or a slow loop that I can attack with my FH.

Or I do a more closed push that will change the way he need to attack my ball so he often send his topspin outside of the end of the table or his push go to high for a kill.

Now I can also a strong attack with a very agressive bump BH against heavy push or serve ( see jian li) as a surprise and now I can be more competitive against the higher rank.

Of course if he's very good I have to stay short and low as much as possible and see where he's a little bit hesitant and used my shot against his worst shot.

I'm saying that because I rarely read from your forum what shot of the different rubber make you stronger compare to the opponent. For exemple, a rubber can make low rank opponent puzzled buy a reversed spin but when you face a higher rank player he then blast you because he understand reversal.

So I was a player who look for a perfect rubber ( LP, MP, SP) since more than 7 years untill I got a coach who asked me what is your strategy ? what are you good at it? and bad at it ? Until I iddentfy that I was in the dark. When you master a shot, You keep getting better at it and add new shot that better your way of playing until you got plenty and become a good player with all you do.

You order new rubber, play and change. different style, different strategy. So yes you learn to play these rubbers but it's not your goal 4 1/2 years ago. You didn't write down what you want to play and are good at and not so good at.

I'm presently going forward through small changes of rubbers usually thickness of the rubber or very simillar rubber that will better my way of playing not changing it.

I writting this so you understand the struggle here.

(A runner can't decide what running shoes to buy unless he know what kind of race he want to do. what he's is good at it. The wrong way I.M.O is that he can try all kind of running shoes and then do the running that goes with and see if it fit him but it is the long way. It's not the way to get better for sure

Maybe I missunderstand you through your forum. Let me know your understanding.

A table tennis pips lover.

I am not about to do any major changes. Changing between Transformer and Mega Block is like changing between TSP Curl P4 and Feing Long III, small differences only. I have been doing some mineor changes to my setup but basicly it has been the same the last 1,5 years. I am still learning this playing style and I am revisiting strokes I haven't used for long, like inverted BH loop. This is great fun!

I changed from LP to SP 2,5 years ago due to plastic ball and I wanted to be able to make more spin and attack with BH. But I still used my VKM blade which was too soft for BH attacks (not stable, Joo Se Hyuk blade was a lot better). Then I realised I missed some LP effect on BH so I tried different MP and later setteled for Millitall on Joo. At this point I was playing modern defensive game. And I entered a training session with Japsko and Hans Thalin (who was Fabian Åkerströms coach for a long time) and I got to try different setups including some anti's. Hans Thalin helped me with some strokes and tactical details and we wondered if I had tried anti. So I did. And this led me to figure out that classic anti could be a very good choice, since it was easy to attack with and also good for defensive game.

This got me to think a lot about my playing style (I did not change my main setup only toyed around with anti at practice). After some time I wanted to try frictionless anti so I bought a BEAST and a blade (Terror) for that. This was great fun to play with and I gould use it quite well from the start. I relaised I mostly wanted to use my BH to setup for FH attack. And at this time I also decided to stop playing modern defensive (after some 6 years with that style) because I simply isn't patient enough for that style. I seek attack too often and too early to play like Joo :). Therefore I wanted something really disturbing on BH to help me stay close to the table and to gett chances to attack with FH. And that is the path I am still on. Still under development and tuning but getting better and better. Also, antis are getting better and better and that is the main reason I keep trying new rubbers. And because it is fun. It has nothing to do with any hesitations about playing styles.

Hope this answers your questions :).

PostPosted: 23 Jul 2017, 03:07 
Super User

By reading you I just realise that I didn't pay too much attention to the time lengh between changes of rubber and that in fact you play with anti for more than 1.5 years. By reading your forum in about 1 1/2 hrs it look you just changing rubbers every week but obviously it's not the case. Sorry. :|

Also I'm looking for the right thickness of my millital 2. ( see my other forum) I presently played with 0.5 mm. Did you tried different thickness when you got yours. I think you played 1.1 or 1.5 mm. If you played different thickness what was difference. I'm afraid to loose my bump shot that is so agressive ( active hit over the table of the opponent underspin or no spin shot that result in a light top spin to a no spin rocket.)

Are the push containing more underspin with thicker sponge ? Chop, etc....

Hope you have some info from your long experience.

PostPosted: 23 Jul 2017, 03:21 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

maddrag wrote:
By reading you I just realise that I didn't pay too much attention to the time lengh between changes of rubber and that in fact you play with anti for more than 1.5 years. By reading your forum in about 1 1/2 hrs it look you just changing rubbers every week but obviously it's not the case. Sorry. :|

Also I'm looking for the right thickness of my millital 2. ( see my other forum) I presently played with 0.5 mm. Did you tried different thickness when you got yours. I think you played 1.1 or 1.5 mm. If you played different thickness what was difference. I'm afraid to loose my bump shot that is so agressive ( active hit over the table of the opponent underspin or no spin shot that result in a light top spin to a no spin rocket.)

Are the push containing more underspin with thicker sponge ? Chop, etc....

Hope you have some info from your long experience.

I boticed your question in that Millitall thread. But I only used 1,5 mm Millitall, very grippy but secure. So I can't answer your questions :(. But a guess would be that thicker makes it grippier and with less LP-effect.

PostPosted: 23 Jul 2017, 03:48 
Super User

ok thanks.

For you, what is the most difficult thing in playing with anti ?

for you, what anti bring you more to your style, your game ?

PostPosted: 24 Jul 2017, 07:14 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

maddrag wrote:
ok thanks.

For you, what is the most difficult thing in playing with anti ?

for you, what anti bring you more to your style, your game ?

For me the whole change of strategy (from modern defensive game) was most difficult. I had to relearn FH loop since I was most used to loop away from the table.

Anti with low friction and low speed interrupts my opponents game and that gives me many opportunities to attack even close to the table (they misread the spin or speed and give me high or loose balls to attack).

PostPosted: 08 Aug 2017, 01:58 
Super User

i found that modern defense is a term that can fit to many game that combine inverted rubber ( usually fh) with a pimples that is ordinary used for the defensive side of the game. It's trying to make the opponnent to misjudge the ball so you can attack.

It is not anti do also ? Try to confuse the opponnent to then attack ? It's for what I know of anti game near or over the table. Some player do the same with LP who have a lot of reversal with block, chop block and swipe...

you can put all kind of rubber into a kind a gradation. From no reversal ( the rubber is affected by the spin of other: inverted), to total reversal with [b]Anti[/b]. Between you have inverted with no many spin, sp, sp with a bit of reversal, grippy lp and reversal LP.

From there you can create your own way to play. So explain to me a bit of your strategy of playing with anti and how it is different to highly reversal LP. Why would not be modern defense? It is because you don't feel you are defending at all and just attacking with the anti ? Like some japanese girl who are playing an attacking style with a Mid pips on her BH and inverted on her FH.

PostPosted: 11 Aug 2017, 07:06 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

maddrag wrote:
i found that modern defense is a term that can fit to many game that combine inverted rubber ( usually fh) with a pimples that is ordinary used for the defensive side of the game. It's trying to make the opponnent to misjudge the ball so you can attack.

It is not anti do also ? Try to confuse the opponnent to then attack ? It's for what I know of anti game near or over the table. Some player do the same with LP who have a lot of reversal with block, chop block and swipe...

you can put all kind of rubber into a kind a gradation. From no reversal ( the rubber is affected by the spin of other: inverted), to total reversal with [b]Anti[/b]. Between you have inverted with no many spin, sp, sp with a bit of reversal, grippy lp and reversal LP.

From there you can create your own way to play. So explain to me a bit of your strategy of playing with anti and how it is different to highly reversal LP. Why would not be modern defense? It is because you don't feel you are defending at all and just attacking with the anti ? Like some japanese girl who are playing an attacking style with a Mid pips on her BH and inverted on her FH.

I guess you could look at my game as a sort of modern defensive, although I was referring to my old style with chopping away from the table and attacking with FH.

I use anti to get pushes and weak shots that I can attack. That is pretty much it :)

I haven't played with low grip lp in this style so I can't really compare, but I guess there are many similarities.

PostPosted: 11 Aug 2017, 07:22 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Today I played my 4th or 5 th session with Transformer 1,5 mm on Revolution with the new Stiga ball (less spin than seamless but good quality and no funny bounces). I have problems getting my blocks consistent. Some goes long, some high, some are perfect. But the back spin on blocks is too low so my opponent have little problems hitting a killer if my block is just a little high.

I will return to Mega Block to next session. It has less spin reversal but since Transformer don't give much more back spin than Mega Block I need to rely on something else: Safety and short, slow blocks. So back to Mega Block it is. For now.

PostPosted: 11 Aug 2017, 08:35 

Blade: VKMD
FH: Hurricane 3
BH: SSPC 2, 1.5
I don't think you are a defender at all D-A. There is nothing inherently defensive about playing with anti/lp, it's just that everyone who doesn't play with two inverted rubbers gets lumped into one category by those who do. If you had a regular rubber on bh and only used it to block, would you be called a defender?

PostPosted: 11 Aug 2017, 16:09 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Rawr wrote:
I don't think you are a defender at all D-A. There is nothing inherently defensive about playing with anti/lp, it's just that everyone who doesn't play with two inverted rubbers gets lumped into one category by those who do. If you had a regular rubber on bh and only used it to block, would you be called a defender?

Maybe not. Modern block-attacker might be a better term :). But still, Def-attack suits me :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 82  Next