OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:36

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70 ... 82  Next
PostPosted: 25 Apr 2018, 04:11 

Blade: Stiga Hypertech 35/45
FH: Nittaku G-1 Max
BH: Butterfy SuperAnti 2.0 mm
Def-attack wrote:
peterpong wrote:
Some questions mate.Do you need the cleaner for the reflection.Did you use a glue sheet.Does it come off easily from the blade.whats the easiest to play with,reflection MB or diabolic.

I did not clean it but sure I will use cleaner like with Transformer, Diabolic etc. I use glue sheet (comes for free with the rubber). I glued it yesterday, it will take a little more time before I try to remove it ;). I think Reflection is the easiest of you like slow.

FYI, interesting pictures on this Ebay link of someone who already removed one from the blade already:
https://www.ebay.de/itm/der-materialspe ... rmvSB=true

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2018, 04:36 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
maddrag wrote:
From the video,your FH attack is about 85% of the time. Very good attack. A slow backhand and we are pivoting and attcking the next ball. I can't figure it out why agressor is not suiting your style ? Are you too much agressive with it and the play become to fast. You start to play your BH too often and leaving your fh attck in the closet ? what was wrong ?

It was too unsafe, I could not block easy fast loops with little spin, that made me hesitate. I also had problems with slow spinless serves (I should have twiddled). All in all I was not up to invest that amount of time I would need to get as good as needed with it, and I did not wanted to change blade.

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2018, 05:49 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

univesse wrote:
Def-attack wrote:
peterpong wrote:
Some questions mate.Do you need the cleaner for the reflection.Did you use a glue sheet.Does it come off easily from the blade.whats the easiest to play with,reflection MB or diabolic.

I did not clean it but sure I will use cleaner like with Transformer, Diabolic etc. I use glue sheet (comes for free with the rubber). I glued it yesterday, it will take a little more time before I try to remove it ;). I think Reflection is the easiest of you like slow.

FYI, interesting pictures on this Ebay link of someone who already removed one from the blade already:
https://www.ebay.de/itm/der-materialspe ... rmvSB=true

That is how most slick antis looks like if removed uncarefully. I have done that to a few myself. Removing them is difficult.

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2018, 05:47 
Super User

Blade: dr neubauer firewall +
FH: DHS skyline 3 neo 2.15 mm
BH: Dr. Neubauer Agressor 1.5
i got what you mean. It's a lot to change from anti to med pips unless you want to spend time to regain your mp shots. You FH is looking good. With a more agressive push, block, chop block,counter and punch it will move you in the higher rank.

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2018, 10:23 
Super User

Mind over matter situation was very evident after you lead and lost the 3rd set in the final. Must have been very frustrating for you thereafter to think and play positively. My two penneth :)

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2018, 15:49 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

TTbuddy wrote:
Mind over matter situation was very evident after you lead and lost the 3rd set in the final. Must have been very frustrating for you thereafter to think and play positively. My two penneth :)

I just wasn’t that keen on winning after I gave away the third. I wasn’t in best shape (had a cold) and the energy wasn’t there. Inhad a dip early in 4th but then I managed to get myself together but not enough to win the set (or the 5th). But I was all fine with that. My opponent deserves his name on the prize also :).

PostPosted: 27 Apr 2018, 01:46 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
hi, tnx for the videos...

just a few observations i saw...

there are only bcs you didnt play with fanti for a while so you need to adjust the angles...

when you are pushing against backspin your blade is too open (parallel to the table) so your pushes are too high and not dangerous enough...they should all be like this one https://youtu.be/Lww-4wZ6gUk?t=9m23s . aggressive offensive push...and on blocks you have often blocked to the net which means that reversal is there, you just need to push the ball a bit in a diagonal forward upward motion to go over net and have max underspin...and be closer to the table...like this one https://youtu.be/Lww-4wZ6gUk?t=9m11s

and your FH, when you are spinning the ball, the hand is going from too low point and then up...try to do it in like a more forward motion so the ball is faster and lower... :up:

and the compliments to the serve, that underspin serve with variations is netting you many points :up:

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 27 Apr 2018, 02:03 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Thanks Iceman! You are right in all I think. I have been away from anti and this anti is very different from my last (Diabolic). So I will need some time to get the angles right. And to be able to attack back spin better. And I will work on different blocks. Sometimes I tried to make them as short as possible, sometimes as low as possible. And sometimes I just tried to get them on the table :).

About FH, I was not aware of that... need to look further and perhaps change. I have had problems with netting my loops, not getting enough arc. When I removed my MP and got back to the much lighter anti this changed. So perhaps I still sometimes loop like I had MP on BH. Or I was just trying to get a higher arc to buy me some time... But I need to be aware of that.

PostPosted: 27 Apr 2018, 09:08 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
yes...if you want to have a killer loop (like mine :rock: ) it need to be more direct...pass the net barely and go on the table, full force...

i found a couple of mine:

https://youtu.be/G_tNhpzhwiI?t=1m5s
https://youtu.be/G_tNhpzhwiI?t=1m39s
https://youtu.be/G_tNhpzhwiI?t=11m10s
https://youtu.be/mIfZVmb8lyY?t=1m15s
https://youtu.be/yWG8LaVH79w?t=1m16s
https://youtu.be/yWG8LaVH79w?t=1m30s
https://youtu.be/yWG8LaVH79w?t=5m1s

lol, more than couple...the point is, i didnt have this fh before cca 15 years ago...i had a good opening the point and lets play fh...but then i had my health problems as you know, and couldnt keep the ball on the table for more than couple shots...so i practiced hitting fh harder and harder on every ball...and this is sort of an end result...you can also do it, i am sure...you just have to have it in your head and practice it...on your robot or with partner...

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 03 May 2018, 00:39 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Last day’s session was tough, I realized that Reflection had gotten a bit worn, and suddenly blocking was not that easy anymore. I’ll see what happens next session, if I’ll get used to it. Lack of back spin from blocks can actually be rather deceptive :). My opponent tried to push but ball went long. Now, he is used to my anti, another opponont would probably just loop again. So that is why slowness and shortness of blocks are important. But a short and high block is not good, so you must keep blocks low. This is where I struggle now, since it is difgicumt to keem them low and short without netting them. This is because the angle dependency is much greater again with this ball, making the margin for errors very small. So a lot of practice against different loops is needed. Too bad I only have one or two training partners this time of the year, and none of them are power loopers.

I am not sure I am going to want to invest all this time for this type of game. I am getting a little tired of the passive blocking with BH.

So I also ordered the new MP Power Pipe in 1,5 mm. But I have a big competition comming up in a week so I will not try it before that. I will keep my anti and play as good as I can with that. Then I will try the MP but probably on a slower blade (Invictus I think). Then, after some practice and a few matches against different opponents, I will decide what to focus on the next season.

PostPosted: 06 May 2018, 00:26 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Just noticed that There are 1000 posts in this thread - cool!

I am at the World Team Champs in Halmstad, Sweden. Lots of great matches, just saw my favourite among female players Mima Ito beat Liu Shiwen - fantastic match! And then I went to the Nittaku shop to have a look at Mima’s BH rubber. It is a soft SP with rather tall pips but not a MP. Rather grippy and pips ar close. Nice, but not for me. Instead I went to Stiga shop and bought a blade Stiga Offensive Classic Carbon for a very good price :). If I should play with MP and a little more offensive than with anti, I think that blade will be perfect. And hopefully a slightly higher arc than Carbonado 190, but still stable and a large sweetspot. I will but my Power Pipe MP on it as soon as I get it (but perhaps I try it a little with Hellcat first).

Being here makes me want to play more table tennis!

PostPosted: 06 May 2018, 04:47 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
you are living the dream mate-enjoy

PostPosted: 06 May 2018, 04:56 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

peterpong wrote:
you are living the dream mate-enjoy

True!

PostPosted: 12 May 2018, 19:16 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

I have been at a competition last two days using Reflection 1,2 mm and Stiga Perform ball (ABS). I played some 14 matches against good players. I lost 3 of them. The first day I only played 3 matches (one class, did not make it past group stage) and I played bad. My head and feet were somewhere else. Day 2 I played 11 matches and won all but one. 4 opponents I played two times these days.

My sheet of Reflection is well worn now, and its initial supreme frictionlessness is gone, but it is still good enough I think. It is much easier to block with than Diabolic, very similar to Mega-Block. But spin reversal is a tad better than MB. I haven’t used it on any other blade than Stiga Carbonado 190 so I guss it would be a little better on Revolution. I may try it on a Stiga Offensive Carbon later.

You can block strong loopa very shortly and if opponent use a lot of top spin (if they loop against back spin) you will have a block that they will have lots of respect for. It they push it will sometimes go to the net or you will be able to attack it. If they attack you can block again.

With the old plastic ball one could loop 2-3 times against block before they netted (most netted on second loop). With ABS-ball the back spin won’t build up like that, but they still need to calculate the back spin from the block and adapt to it, and move to the ball if you aim the block somewhere else. Opponent will rarely go for a winner if you manage to keep the block low.

But you must keep the block low. If it is high it must be long, then it is dangerous. Also, the slowness of the block is very important. I won as many points from opponent misreading speed as misreading spin.

The weakness of Reflection (at least compared to Diabolic) is attacking. But this is also due to lack of spin from the ABS ball. You can serve short with back spin and side spin and then attack the push. Thag works nice, since the ball curve a lot. But without the sidespin or very good placement (or very good speed as Amir does) your opponent will just kill your attack. Returning serves ar also less effective if you return long. But you can do very short returns, those can be very effective.

All in all, even with a worn Reflection and ABS-balls, you can still play a rather successful game with anti-blocks, but you need to be able to keep blocks low, and you need to be able to attack with FH (and it is very good to be able to twiddle). I will most likely continue using anti for the next season.

PostPosted: 15 May 2018, 00:12 
Super User

Blade: dr neubauer firewall +
FH: DHS skyline 3 neo 2.15 mm
BH: Dr. Neubauer Agressor 1.5
I received a video from geblock TT 2 days ago on the new power pipes. It seems to plays good when you play bump anf roll and the bath pointing toward the table. A style I played before. But can it be a stable rubble? i'm not sure unless you give a lot practice sems to be very slick but can produce topspin ??? I will wait that you or others have played it and comment on it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70 ... 82  Next