OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 14:25

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: 06 Aug 2013, 02:48 
Super User

Glad to hear that GDT plays like Dtecs, Reb.

Just in case they (ittf) ban one I can order the other.

Presently my GDT OX is on my FW+ so I can try and imitate pushblocker. I'm going to have to peel it off to see how it plays on my cos blades.

Also, I have been using what I previously thought was an old sheet of Dtecs. but upon inspection of my new RED OX Dtecs that I got from OOAK, they look like the same sheet (except for the colour). Of course I do not look at details as well as my superiors Reb...

The black OX Dtecs, which for all intents and purposes is the NEW version, that I have been using for a month has been a dream. I only wish I had an old version to compare it too and to use during next houseleague which btw I have been given the position of 2nd DIV COORDINATOR aka the guy who goes around asking if you want to play houseleague and the paperwork.

Still gotta test out the neptune on my spear instinct blade for my good buddy TTbuddy...gotta run off to the club now see you later guys!

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2013, 04:21 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
timeout wrote:
Also, I have been using what I previously thought was an old sheet of Dtecs. but upon inspection of my new RED OX Dtecs that I got from OOAK, they look like the same sheet (except for the colour).

The old sheets had the same markings. The only way to tell is to measure the pimple length. Also the packaging is different and the original came with a glue sheet.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2013, 08:09 
Super User

mynamenotbob wrote:
timeout wrote:
Also, I have been using what I previously thought was an old sheet of Dtecs. but upon inspection of my new RED OX Dtecs that I got from OOAK, they look like the same sheet (except for the colour).

The old sheets had the same markings. The only way to tell is to measure the pimple length. Also the packaging is different and the original came with a glue sheet.

Thanks MNNB for commenting. You know, these two sheets that I have could be BOTH the old version. :rofl:

I'm going to measure them after dinner or after my evening session at the club...gotta run off again but appreciate your insights.

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2013, 08:34 
Incredible Shrinking Man

timeout wrote:
I believe that that was my doing ttbuddy. Sorry bud.

I bought the last two and the site posted it's out of stock message. That was last week.

They also changed the price. It was orginially 17 euros (and the toxic was 22) after my review they switch the price...that's what I think but it could have been an optical illusion :beer: :d: :dance:

How's your instinct blade doing these days ttbuddy? Are u in the market for another blade?

http://www.tt-eshop.de/tt_eShop/tischtennisartikel/Tibhar-CO-S-3_artikel2000195.html

Cheers
Geddk

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2013, 08:43 
Super User

Thanks Geddk :up:

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2013, 16:48 
Super User

TTbuddy wrote:
I was wondering why the price on the COS3 went up slightly and even worse it is out of stock :?: Just wanted to give it a try as you gave very positive comments on it recently. The Instinct is going well with the Galaxy955 as a second set-up. Still love my Pogo though :party: Let me know how you go with the Neptune as I am keen to give that a try too :P

It's been a great Aug 5 which was a civic holiday here in Canada...played lots of doubles today and used by BBC Allround Big Chopper - great blade.

Ended the night by playing with my instinct 5 ply and tested out the neptune black ox.vs my newgy 540.

My impressions were lower throw and slower than 837 ox which I had on the other side of this particular blade - FYI I find this blade to be flexy with a fast rebound on hard hits beyond the limits of the robot so I didnt experience that.

I did most of the testing with loosely glued rubbers as I did not cut the neptune yet.

Blocking at the table was better than the 837 which was higher throw and faster.

I need to find a home for the neptune as I probably wont put it on the instinct. I find that both my lkt blades, the toxic 3 included, have faster rebounds on hard hits.

Looking closely at the pips, they are longer than the 837. The sheet was thinner than the 837.

Overall, I will just say that the neptune is recommended for chopping, and that is how I tested it tonight. It felt good on the instinct and I was even considering leaving it on but then I have have my reservations about this blade which include jolting vibrations.

As a chopping setup from a few feet back, this blade has enough kick so the neptune ox lp should be good enough for that without sponge. More control than 837 which neptune is often compared to. Personally for a blade that has alot of vibrations I would use it with sponge and as a chopping setup although I prefer to play as a pushblocker.

Just wanted to say more thing about the length of the pips...the dtecs that I have is the longest. Didnt get a chance to measure tonight so I'll try tomorrow. GN! |-) |-) |-)

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2013, 18:12 
Super User

Thanks for the feedback timeout. I agree with every thing you say about the Instinct. Using sponged LP reduces vibrations and I prefer it that way in comparison with OX LP.

PostPosted: 08 Aug 2013, 08:28 
Super User

In a post by auzcar about dtecs, he mentioned that the old dtecs included a gluesheet which tells me that both my black and red sheets are the new ones. Tried to measure them with a ruler but eyes started squinting etc... ;) ;)

PostPosted: 08 Aug 2013, 08:44 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
timeout wrote:
In a post by auzcar about dtecs, he mentioned that the old dtecs included a gluesheet which tells me that both my black and red sheets are the new ones. Tried to measure them with a ruler but eyes started squinting etc... ;) ;)

You need one of these things. :lol:

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 08 Aug 2013, 08:49 
Super User

22 US for a magnifying glass and a field of view...what will they think of next??? :D

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2013, 08:10 
Super User

Time limited offer of me playing Mr.Foo.
http://youtu.be/E5L5rIewVks

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2013, 16:47 
Super User

OK, Back to Blogging! :roll:

My club's 2013-2014 blasted-off tonight and instaed of writing about matches played and spectacular shots...I'm gonna lead off with SCORESHEETS, yes, these horrible little pieces of photocopied paper with home team/away team fields, player x,y,z, etc.

WHAT A NIGHTMARE! Filling these little pieces of paper out and making sure your names are filled out in the right places and NOT the wrong places, and recording the game scores properly...takes away from the game but it is a requirement and above all, necessary.

Other highlights included an entire team that was awol andmissing players and switching around subs...there's no rest for the wicked but the paper work just takes away from the fun of playing.

On a higher note, my team plus sub, did well enough. I won all my matches. We beat the other team but it was close...

One last thought about frendship 837. I found it to react to spin too much and that it weighs a lot but thats a feeling...

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2013, 18:36 
Freak of Nature!
Freak of Nature!

Lol spot the team pennant noob. You'll get used to score sheets trust me :). The day will come when you can fill the entire nights matches out and add it up right down to points in a few seconds.

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2013, 19:06 
Super User

foam wrote:
Lol spot the team pennant noob. You'll get used to score sheets trust me :). The day will come when you can fill the entire nights matches out and add it up right down to points in a few seconds.

Yeah yeah yeah foam :P

It wasn't like that last year, honest to God :angel:

We didn't have first night chaos where a whole team didnt show up AND have missing players unaccounted for and to make matters worst, last minute trading from team captains with respect to subs and late additions...just a :swear: mess!

Think of all the scratching out that we did on the cards. NOTE TO SELF USE PENCIL!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2013, 15:48 
Super User

I had a fantastic practice tonight with my inverted chopper friend/mentor. We play at his condo with the same group of guys - they've played for two decades there and for me, I'm the new guy, "penant noob" as foam colourfully describes,its been four years now. Boy, time flies. Its also where I secretly practice so I work out a few things without the houseleague club guys watching :devil:

4 years ago I was trying to get use to my Mat.P but I could never really get in synch with it. I had feint 2 with sponge and feint soft 1.5 and flextra and Tack C for inverted. It didnt feel totally right in my incompeteant hands at that stage of my development. But presently I 've decided to use this blade with p1r ox and 837 with sponge. Reason being I wanted a setup that was slow enough to use with club opponents and that was also good against spin. Ihave other blades that I prefer more, but they already had rubbers on that I liked and i didnt want to break up thoses setups for my pushblocking style.

which leads me into my chosen weapon for this years houseleague my signature setup below. I would just start by saying that it was manageable enough that I had enough confidence to use it in league even though I had practiced all summer with my cos3 blade and dtecs. I love that combo and it destroyed everyone at my summer club. and I was using it for a few weeks at my winter club until i met someone in my same divsion that was able to punch a few holes through its defence. Well I just stopped playing at the table and I retreated a few steps back and this guy, for whatever reason just started to miss and make errors. After that I decided that the moment had arrived that I should play as defensively as much as possible. At the same time, I might have to attack. Long story short the moment had arrived in which I would be forced to play a very defensive style which called for a lp/lp combination. So its really not about the specific brand when it comes to blades and rubbers, its just the kind of blade and the knd of rubber that was important for what I want to do...

What I want to do is just to play smart and let the other guy make the mistakes. Whether I'm at the table pushblocking or deep behid the table chopping, or a combination of both styles, the setup has to allow me to do this and so far the setup is working aginst my div2 group. I use OX LP for my BH and I use sponged LP for my forehand, reason being that the bh is for defence or simply chop blocking at the table and the fh requires a sponge pip for counter hitting, loop strokes, and chopping. i dont think the kind of brandname,eg feint or 729 makes a difference.

I'm especially pleased with how the 837 strokes the ball. I neverliked this rubber for my chopping on my back hand but due to the sponge I find its excellenct for fh Lp strokes. For example I use a swide swipe for my lp fh.Yes that's right, "no joking". Ihave difficulty consistently looping his b.s.with inverted but with sponged pips i can fh "loop" them using a side swipe stroke with high finish kinda like a hit stroke - there is no way I could do this with inverted!

The drills we did in our freestyle spar included:
1) he chops to my fh corner and I run around my bh to use my fh sponge pips and I "loop" and this went on and on...his backspin was converted by my pips to light topspin but it was enough to do a continous loop and chop rally drill. I did not realize how lps could be used in this manner until tonight.
2) Another lp revelation was discovered when he chopped to my bh in a bh to bh chop drill. He was varying the length of his chops so he hit a few slow pace chops that died off the table when I was way behind the table. I had to run in and bump/push the ball up which produced no spins with some wobble. I thought that was a great exercise and it was a continuous drill.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next