OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 15:53

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 444 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
 Post subject: Re: Auzcar's Adventures
PostPosted: 27 Sep 2016, 17:16 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

Blade: Joo Se Hyuk
FH: Xiom Omega VII Euro
BH: Dornenglanz ox
We played the first four league matches for the season this weekend, I only played one myself (2 singles and one double) and that was against one of the two top teams. The first single I played really well, it was against a very good player and the first three sets could really have gone either way, in the first set I dropped a 8-5 lead and in the second set it was 9-9. I managed to take the third set but sadly I couldn't keep my focus in the fourth and after doing some stupid mistakes, like going for too much on the returns and missing a serve he was 6-0 up and after that I just couldn't get back into the game. Still, I played really well and he went on to beat some really good players during the weekend, like a couple of former (quite recently) Pingisligan players.

In the second match I was up against a player that I before the match felt I really had a good chance to beat, he's higher ranked than me (like almost every other player in the league) but he doesn't hit very hard and that usually suits me quite well. He played really smart but I continued to play pretty well, not as well as in the first match but still more than okay. This was a match that showed my flaws pretty fiercely, which I guess is good in a sense. I ended up loosing 3-0 but I had big leads in all three sets, in the first I had 9-5, in the second I had 8-4 and in the third I had 6-1, oh boy was I mad. I haven't had problems with dropping leads before and this is most likely because the lack of competitive matches for me. Still, that shouldn't happen and really I was the one that should've won 3-0.

The main problem is the amount of easy mistakes I make, stupid misses on service returns or easy put aways, own serves that I miss or stupid decisions to go for a much to difficult shot. I feel that I have improved a bit in this area but on this level they need to disappear completely. Usually they come in chunks and it goes stupidly fast as well, all of a sudden I've lost five easy points and I have an uphill battle to get back into the game. Need to keep my focus up.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2016, 17:47 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
auzcar wrote:
We played the first four league matches for the season this weekend, I only played one myself (2 singles and one double) and that was against one of the two top teams. The first single I played really well, it was against a very good player and the first three sets could really have gone either way, in the first set I dropped a 8-5 lead and in the second set it was 9-9. I managed to take the third set but sadly I couldn't keep my focus in the fourth and after doing some stupid mistakes, like going for too much on the returns and missing a serve he was 6-0 up and after that I just couldn't get back into the game. Still, I played really well and he went on to beat some really good players during the weekend, like a couple of former (quite recently) Pingisligan players.

In the second match I was up against a player that I before the match felt I really had a good chance to beat, he's higher ranked than me (like almost every other player in the league) but he doesn't hit very hard and that usually suits me quite well. He played really smart but I continued to play pretty well, not as well as in the first match but still more than okay. This was a match that showed my flaws pretty fiercely, which I guess is good in a sense. I ended up loosing 3-0 but I had big leads in all three sets, in the first I had 9-5, in the second I had 8-4 and in the third I had 6-1, oh boy was I mad. I haven't had problems with dropping leads before and this is most likely because the lack of competitive matches for me. Still, that shouldn't happen and really I was the one that should've won 3-0.

The main problem is the amount of easy mistakes I make, stupid misses on service returns or easy put aways, own serves that I miss or stupid decisions to go for a much to difficult shot. I feel that I have improved a bit in this area but on this level they need to disappear completely. Usually they come in chunks and it goes stupidly fast as well, all of a sudden I've lost five easy points and I have an uphill battle to get back into the game. Need to keep my focus up.

No matches are easy at that level, just keep focusing on your strong parts and work a little on your weak spots. And try to compete more, enter a few tournaments before the next league gathering. And/or play in a lower league and pretend you are not allowed to loose a single set.

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2016, 18:24 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

Def-attack wrote:
No matches are easy at that level, just keep focusing on your strong parts and work a little on your weak spots. And try to compete more, enter a few tournaments before the next league gathering. And/or play in a lower league and pretend you are not allowed to loose a single set.

Next gathering for me in Division 1 will probably be in March, which is the last one. The three gatherings inbetween then and now are only two matches played on the same day, and then we simply choose to send only four players to save some money for the club. It's only if one of my teammates gets injured or can't go for whatever reason that I get called in for those.

I might play in our second team (Division 2) during those gatherings though, I haven't decided about that yet. We have a tournament here in Umeå next weekend as well but it's so small an unattended that it's basically only clubmates in the "older" classes. It would be a showdown between me and my teammates and most likely feel like a normal practice session haha. So basically I'm not sure I'm gonna play that either.

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2016, 18:09 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

I came down with a cold last thursday so I skipped the competition this weekend and focused on resting.

Since Butterfly raised the price on the Tenergys from overpriced to ridiculous I don't see it as a viable economical option anymore, even though it lasts very long, so I've been looking around for an alternative. A clubmate had a new sheet of Bluefire M1 Turbo that I got to buy cheap off him and I tried that yesterday, boy is that a hard, heavy and fast sheet of rubber. It was amazing to block with and I could flat hit pretty much everything that was high enough but I didn't get much arc and had trouble lifting backspin like I usually do, it also changed the feeling on the BH dramatically. It worked very well when I had a lot of time, I beat the defender in my team with 3, 5 and he had a positive ratio in Division 1 last year, it's usually pretty 50/50 between us though. When I faced opponents where I had less time I had more trouble though, I felt like the control was lacking when I just wanted to fish/guide or counterloop the ball back safely and I felt I had to go for every shot like a mad man.

It also made the BH a bit faster and took away some feeling and feedback, it made it nicer to push aggressively but made it harder to block harder loops. I will persist with it for a few more sessions and then decide, I'm pretty sure this won't be it but perhaps the regular M1 or even the M2 could be an option, the defender in our team uses the same blade as me and has M2 on his FH so I'll make sure to have a hit with his racket.

Another option I'm looking at is the Evolution MX-P which I'm pretty sure another clubmate has a sheet of that I can try.

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2016, 18:41 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
Try Victas v15 with some dirt, very good :up: Extra cheap at Wookie now.

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2016, 19:29 
Blockhead
Blockhead

Blade: Timo Boll ALC ST
FH: Tibhar MXP max
BH: Tibhar FXS 1.8
MX-P is 4 for the price of 3 with free worldwide shipping at Dandoy at the moment (actually all Evolution rubbers).

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

185g

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2016, 22:59 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

so_devo wrote:
MX-P is 4 for the price of 3 with free worldwide shipping at Dandoy at the moment (actually all Evolution rubbers).

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

That's a decent deal, they have the same for the Bluefire rubbers.

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2016, 23:35 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
try m1 or mxp....that two i am sure it will suit you...

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2016, 23:52 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

111Iceman111 wrote:
try m1 or mxp....that two i am sure it will suit you...

Yeah I'm pretty sure one of those will fit as well, I have a clubmate that has a sheet of both and he'll bring them to tomorrow's session, in return he'll try my DHS PG7 :) We have a small deal with Donic so if M1 could fit it would be nice.

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2016, 16:14 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

Tried MX-P max and Bluefire M1 2.0mm yesterday, I liked them both but decided that Bluefire suited my game a bit better. I focus more on power than spin and control and had an easier time hitting through spin and finish points with the Bluefire, it simply had more power. I also felt that it was easier to block and hit flatter with BF.

Like I mentioned the sheet I tried was in 2.0mm and I felt that I had plenty of power and spin with it and this is why I'm gonna go for the 2.0mm and give that a shot (). Usually I tend to bottom out thinner sponges but the M1 is quite hard and dense so that didn't seem to be much of a problem, only when I unloaded everything I had I felt like it didn't answer like I wanted every time. Still, I think that the gain in control over the table as well as blocking makes it a worthwhile compromise.

EDIT: On another note, it was a really weird session yesterday, I'm still a bit sick with the cold and feel really heavy in the head, have a running nose and a bit of a cough. However, the body felt awesome yesterday, I haven't felt that fast in a long time, it really took me by suprise haha.

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2016, 16:59 
LP Collector
LP Collector

Blade: Yaska Sweden Classic
FH: 802 OX
BH: DHS C8 OX
auzcar wrote:
Tried MX-P max and Bluefire M1 2.0mm yesterday, I liked them both but decided that Bluefire suited my game a bit better.

My coach has settled on M1 now, having used Tenergy 05 for many years. He's also trying Spike (0.5mm I think) on his BH, since we are sponsored by Donic, and it's crazy cheap.

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2016, 17:43 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

LordCope wrote:
auzcar wrote:
Tried MX-P max and Bluefire M1 2.0mm yesterday, I liked them both but decided that Bluefire suited my game a bit better.

My coach has settled on M1 now, having used Tenergy 05 for many years. He's also trying Spike (0.5mm I think) on his BH, since we are sponsored by Donic, and it's crazy cheap.

Yeah, my club has a sponsorship deal with Donic as well, it's only a small one but it makes it a bit cheaper. I also think that the other companies have started to catch up with Tenergy now and the high price compared to the rest isn't really justified any more.

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2016, 19:48 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
so, a direct comparison between MXP and M1 is what i would like to hear please...

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2016, 20:07 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

111Iceman111 wrote:
so, a direct comparison between MXP and M1 is what i would like to hear please...

Well I only played with them about 20 min each before deciding to go with M1 and then I played with M1 the rest of the session, a little over an hour, so I can't claim to have a deep insight into the differences. Basically I went mostly on feel this time, however, this is what I gathered:

Feel: M1 is harder and feel more dense and direct, the MX-P feels pretty similar to Tenergy, definitely the closest one in feel that I've tried.
Trajectory: Pretty much the same, both have a good amount of arc, not far from Tenergy at all to be honest, and both lift backspin very well. Due to being faster M1 throws the ball a bit longer.
Gears: M1 surprised me with the amount of gears it had, it doesn't feel that bouncy when playing touch shots and it really had power when I turned up the tempo. MX-P was a bit more "dwelly" and didn't have the same top gear as M1 but it felt very good on touch shots.
Spin: Pretty much the same, the topsheet on M1 seemed a bit grippier while the spin from MX-P came more from the sponge.
Speed: M1 is a bit faster.

Blocking: I liked M1 a lot more when blocking as it felt pretty insensitive to the incoming spin. With MX-P, and even more so with Tenergy, I tend to block long pretty often when I get a spinnier loop thrown at me.
Serving: I like to serve with harder rubbers and this was no exception, both generated a good amount of spin but for me the harder, less bouncy, sponge on the M1 felt better.
Pushing: In this area I liked the MX-P more due to the higher dwell.

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2016, 22:57 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
i was talking to a guy who is a decent div 1 player-
he had 2 tibhar defence plus blades with your b/h rubber on each of them.
he used 1.5mm butterfly tac d on the f/h.
just for ya info

http://www.tabletennisdb.com/blade/stig ... c-wrb.html
i have the above blade but have not tried it as yet as im in the middle of the league season.
is this the same as yours.
what other blades have you tried with your ox and why do you prefer the stiga........cheers.

skilless_slapper wrote:
Damn, she was breaking that ass down! :rofl:

Last edited by peterpong on 07 Oct 2016, 23:12, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 444 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next