OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 14:26

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 444 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
 Post subject: Re: Auzcar's Adventures
PostPosted: 07 Oct 2016, 23:08 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

Blade: Joo Se Hyuk
FH: Xiom Omega VII Euro
BH: Dornenglanz ox
peterpong wrote:
i was talking to a guy who is a decent div 1 player-
he had 2 tibhar defence plus blades with your b/h rubber on each of them.
he used 1.5mm butterfly tac d on the f/h.
just for ya info

Really, in Sweden? If so I guess he's from the southern part of the country. Sounds like a chopper based on the FH rubber.

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2016, 23:36 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
auzcar wrote:
peterpong wrote:
i was talking to a guy who is a decent div 1 player-
he had 2 tibhar defence plus blades with your b/h rubber on each of them.
he used 1.5mm butterfly tac d on the f/h.
just for ya info

Really, in Sweden? If so I guess he's from the southern part of the country. Sounds like a chopper based on the FH rubber.

no sry mate.hes from england..yes he is a chopper
i didnt have much time to chat with him but i saw his set ups

skilless_slapper wrote:
Damn, she was breaking that ass down! :rofl:

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2016, 04:31 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
auzcar wrote:
111Iceman111 wrote:
so, a direct comparison between MXP and M1 is what i would like to hear please...

Well I only played with them about 20 min each before deciding to go with M1 and then I played with M1 the rest of the session, a little over an hour, so I can't claim to have a deep insight into the differences. Basically I went mostly on feel this time, however, this is what I gathered:

Feel: M1 is harder and feel more dense and direct, the MX-P feels pretty similar to Tenergy, definitely the closest one in feel that I've tried.
Trajectory: Pretty much the same, both have a good amount of arc, not far from Tenergy at all to be honest, and both lift backspin very well. Due to being faster M1 throws the ball a bit longer.
Gears: M1 surprised me with the amount of gears it had, it doesn't feel that bouncy when playing touch shots and it really had power when I turned up the tempo. MX-P was a bit more "dwelly" and didn't have the same top gear as M1 but it felt very good on touch shots.
Spin: Pretty much the same, the topsheet on M1 seemed a bit grippier while the spin from MX-P came more from the sponge.
Speed: M1 is a bit faster.

Blocking: I liked M1 a lot more when blocking as it felt pretty insensitive to the incoming spin. With MX-P, and even more so with Tenergy, I tend to block long pretty often when I get a spinnier loop thrown at me.
Serving: I like to serve with harder rubbers and this was no exception, both generated a good amount of spin but for me the harder, less bouncy, sponge on the M1 felt better.
Pushing: In this area I liked the MX-P more due to the higher dwell.

tnx a lot mate for that comparison...

i have switched from MXP to MXS because sponge is harder...i must try M1 then, it sounds promising...

i also tried Xiom Vega China and loved it...i will maybe switch to it... :up:

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 16 Oct 2016, 21:26 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

I've been impressed with the results of a Swedish LP blocker called Magoo recently, sadly there's no videos of him around except a couple of doubles matches from the Swedish Championships last spring. He beat Michal Obeslo (ITTF WR~160) a couple of weeks ago and this weekend he beat Finn Tugwell. He plays in the same divison as me (another part of the country though) and this year he is 8-0 with only one set lost (against Tugwell). He seems to be playing really well, it's a pity there's no videos of him.

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2016, 06:32 
Super User

i switched to Xiom Vega China...

thats you got to try...and defattack too...its like chinese rubber on a jap sponge...most similar to H3 but without its faults (dead sponge) :up:

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2016, 16:34 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

111Iceman111 wrote:
i switched to Xiom Vega China...

thats you got to try...and defattack too...its like chinese rubber on a jap sponge...most similar to H3 but without its faults (dead sponge) :up:

I'm quite happy with Bluefire actually, it works a lot better than I thought it would since I remember trying it when it was released and didn't care for it back then, maybe the blade is a better match. I've only tried one Xiom rubber and that was a few years ago, I can't even remember the name but it had a black sponge. It sounds interesting though, I'll keep it in mind the next time I feel like changing FH rubber :)

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2016, 17:15 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Blade: DHS Long 2
FH: Dianchi D
BH: Yinhe Pluto
Vega China is one of my favorite.
Bluefire is good too, but shrunk on me considerably.

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2016, 17:24 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

I feel like the good "progress" (more about getting back to where I was) I had in the beginning of the season has stagnated a bit now when my physique has bounced back to where it usually is when I practice a couple of times per week. Now the real work starts. I've had a dip in form the last week or two due to other things taking up energy and occupying my mind but all in all I would say I'm better than I've been in a couple of years and that feels really nice. I have a few things that I think really needs improvement, I just need to figure out what to focus on now.

Physique/Footwork: Obviously this is something that can always be improved but I feel that it's still holding me back quite a bit and it's also something that I can "pretty easily" improve simply by doing more physical exercise.
LP-blocks: I miss too many easy blocks and have too little variation in my placement. I try to take the ball earlier than I did before which have really made a difference in disrupting my opponents rhythm and force a push but this has also made me miss more since I'm not as used to the technique.
FH: Simply needs more consistency and balance, this shot have been put aside due to testing so much on the BH and I really need to start drilling this hard again.
Service returns on BH: I need much much much more consistency and quality when dropping it short with the LP, this is one of the bread and butter LP-shots for my playstyle and probably one of the biggest holes in my repertoire. I mean, sure, I succeed most of the times but it's still way worse than it should be, too many shots pop up just a little bit or goes into the net. Since this is almost 100% a touch shot which have devastating results if not executed properly (short and high return = super easy to kill = lost point 99% of the time) I think that my constant changing of equipment have really hurt me here.

I need to think about it some more but I'm leaning towards focusing on my physique/footwork and FH to begin with, the other shots I think can improve comparatively more with matchplay, and that's most of our sessions anyway.

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2016, 19:49 
Super User

i have a little tip about dropping a return short after service...the one they taught us at lp/anti course at Vienna...

it is much easier to drop the return short when you do a sideswipe motion from left to right (if you are right hander)...try it and practice it, you will see... :up:

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2016, 19:56 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

111Iceman111 wrote:
i have a little tip about dropping a return short after service...the one they taught us at lp/anti course at Vienna...

it is much easier to drop the return short when you do a sideswipe motion from left to right (if you are right hander)...try it and practice it, you will see... :up:

Yeah that's a great tip and something I need to work on, I pretty much only use it when I'm hitting the shot down the line towards my opponents FH, not when I'm hitting it diagonal into their BH. It also makes hiding your shot placement easier.

PostPosted: 08 Mar 2017, 18:14 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

These breaks from table tennis is almost starting to become a habbit but I'm back again, haven't practiced since late October but have gotten in four session the last couple of weeks. To make a long story short the reason for the break is that I separated with my partner in October (it's been coming for a while though) and have been feeling really bad for a few months, almost down to depression. However, after I moved from the apartment that we got together I started feeling better quite quickly and now after a couple of months I only feel it made me stronger, I'm as happy as I've ever been before :)

This break basically means I'm back where I started the season and I really need to improve the physique quite drastically, these first four sessions I've felt like a handicapped elephant with bad timing :|

PostPosted: 08 Mar 2017, 18:39 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
auzcar wrote:
These breaks from table tennis is almost starting to become a habbit but I'm back again, haven't practiced since late October but have gotten in four session the last couple of weeks. To make a long story short the reason for the break is that I separated with my partner in October (it's been coming for a while though) and have been feeling really bad for a few months, almost down to depression. However, after I moved from the apartment that we got together I started feeling better quite quickly and now after a couple of months I only feel it made me stronger, I'm as happy as I've ever been before :)

This break basically means I'm back where I started the season and I really need to improve the physique quite drastically, these first four sessions I've felt like a handicapped elephant with bad timing :|

Good to hear from you again Auzcar! And welcome back to the world of table tennis :). Life happens to us all and it takes time and energy to deal with it, but it sounds like you have made the right priority with the pause to sort things out. The TT court is a very good place to focus on yourself and clear the head from thoughts.

PostPosted: 08 Mar 2017, 19:41 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

Def-attack wrote:
Good to hear from you again Auzcar! And welcome back to the world of table tennis :). Life happens to us all and it takes time and energy to deal with it, but it sounds like you have made the right priority with the pause to sort things out. The TT court is a very good place to focus on yourself and clear the head from thoughts.

Thanks! :) The first couple of weeks after we separated I practiced basically every day, just to escape, but I'm glad I chose to take a break and confront my feelings/problems instead. Before this whole "trauma" I would never ever talk about my feelings with another person except my partner, not even my best friends or my closest family. Now I'm a thousand times more comfortable with doing that and I'm very happy for that, it really made me grow, understand and take care of my own feelings and well being much more.

It feels really good to be back in the court, even though it's frustrating to have lost the good form I had when I took the break. I played squash as well about a week ago and that wasn't a good idea, I could barely move and certainly not play for a few days haha. As long as I get my body in a bit better shape I think I'll get back to normal fairly quickly :)

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2017, 01:24 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
As you evolve as a human, perhaps you get better as a player as well? I always plays a lot worse when my mind was occupied with heavy thoughts right before match or when I slept poorly. But I rarely sleep well right before a Saturday morning match after a week of woooork.

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2017, 06:43 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Tsp Black Balsa 3.0
FH: t05 1.9 boosted
BH: 388d ox black
Auzcar as one door closes another will open in time,good luck on your tt adventures

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 444 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next