OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 13:48

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 444 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
 Post subject: Re: Auzcar's Adventures
PostPosted: 08 Sep 2016, 23:06 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

Blade: Joo Se Hyuk
FH: Xiom Omega VII Euro
BH: Dornenglanz ox
All the sessions the last month have been exclusively with and against my teammates, which is very good since they are all a lot better than me and it gets me used to a higher tempo. I'm just a bit afraid that that I'll "get used" to loosing. Theyre all so ridiculously good against LP, even our fourth player (that had the next best ratio last season, 13-11) who's also a defender, struggles to win sets against the other three. I think it's quite interesting that he struggles to win even a set and perhaps wins one out of 30 matches against our three best players, but in the league he still had a better ratio than two of them. It kinda shows how good the others are against choppers.

Since I pretty much only played the league last season and had a 1-10 ratio, I feel I haven't got a good winning mentality anymore.

PostPosted: 08 Sep 2016, 23:45 
LP Collector
LP Collector

Blade: Yaska Sweden Classic
FH: 802 OX
BH: DHS C8 OX
If I'm understanding you, you're saying you scored 10% last season?

If so, is that not just a sign that you're playing in a division too high?

I certainly think winning is a habit, and playing at a level where you're getting one in ten isnt going to help you build that habit.

Apologies if I've misunderstood!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2016, 00:03 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

LordCope wrote:
If I'm understanding you, you're saying you scored 10% last season?

If so, is that not just a sign that you're playing in a division too high?

I certainly think winning is a habit, and playing at a level where you're getting one in ten isnt going to help you build that habit.

Apologies if I've misunderstood!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I won one and lost 10 in the league last season. Usually I play more tournaments but last year I only played two, not sure what ratio I hade there but it was definitely a clear plus. I'm definitely playing in a division too high, but I'm among the fifth best in my club and thus I'm needed in our main team. I belong in Divison 2, where I would probably have about a 50/50 ratio, but I'm playing in Division 1. This year I'll be playing both in our main team and our second team (Div 2) though so I'll be able to score some wins there.

I'm in a bit of a vacuum in our club atm, I'm not as good as my teammates in Division 1 and I'm a lot better than the players "below" me. All the players below me struggle to win even a match in Division 2 which means we can't have a team with a fighting chance there.

Yeah I also think winning is a habit, that's why I'm a bit concerned, even though I have absolutely no pressure at all to win even a single match in Division 1. I think I'm the lowest rated player in our league and the match I managed to win last year was against a much higher rated player.

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2016, 01:40 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
I know exactly what you mean. I only won one match in my league last season (division 2). The last two or three team matches I faced spme opponents I could have beaten. But I had been loosing all season and had no confidence when I needed it the most. This season I play in division 3, that should suit me better. But just hang in there and make sure to enter a few competitions on the side, just to remember what it feels like to win :up:.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2016, 05:36 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

Def-attack wrote:
I know exactly what you mean. I only won one match in my league last season (division 2). The last two or three team matches I faced spme opponents I could have beaten. But I had been loosing all season and had no confidence when I needed it the most. This season I play in division 3, that should suit me better. But just hang in there and make sure to enter a few competitions on the side, just to remember what it feels like to win :up:.

Yeah, I just came back from todays session and it's getting better and better, I feel like I'm almost back where I ended last season. I feel much quicker and better in the "open" play and I get to a lot more balls than I did three weeks ago. The main problem right now is the consistency and all the easy mistakes I'm making, that's where I loose a big chunk of the points. Bad returns, bad serves, easy FH misses and especially the LP lift/attack against backspin.

I gotta say that I feel more motivated to practice (not just try equipment) than I've felt in 4-5 years, it feels awesome to make progress, even though it's mostly about getting back to where I was, and the setup feels frickin great.

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2016, 06:10 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

auzcar wrote:
Def-attack wrote:

Yeah, I just came back from todays session and it's getting better and better, I feel like I'm almost back where I ended last season. I feel much quicker and better in the "open" play and I get to a lot more balls than I did three weeks ago. The main problem right now is the consistency and all the easy mistakes I'm making, that's where I loose a big chunk of the points. Bad returns, bad serves, easy FH misses and especially the LP lift/attack against backspin.

I gotta say that I feel more motivated to practice (not just try equipment) than I've felt in 4-5 years, it feels awesome to make progress, even though it's mostly about getting back to where I was, and the setup feels frickin great.

Sounds great!

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2016, 00:04 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

Three weeks and I'm already loosing pips on my DG sheet, a couple of sessions and this sheet will be totally unplayable. The problem is that the area with broken pips in the center doesn't grip as much as the areas with unbroken pips, which of course makes it harder to predict.

Dornenglanz has got to be unparalleled when it comes to bad durability amongst LP's.

Last edited by auzcar on 12 Sep 2016, 16:22, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2016, 03:47 
LP Collector
LP Collector

Blade: Yaska Sweden Classic
FH: 802 OX
BH: DHS C8 OX
auzcar wrote:
Three weeks and I'm already loosing pips on my DG sheet, a couple of sessions and this sheet will be totaly unplayable. The problem is that the area with broken pips in the center doesn't grip as much as the areas with unbroken pips, which of course makes it harder to predict.

Dornenglanz has got to be unparalleled when it comes to bad durability amongst LP's.

I've had three sheets of DG so far. Total pip loss? one.

I don't know what I'm doing differently.... but it hasn't been a problem at all.

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2016, 09:07 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
it matters a lot how you play and against who you play...

if you chop block hard, it put a lot of strain on the pips every time so they brake easily...also if the opponents have lot of power and spin...imo anyway :up:

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2016, 14:18 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

Usually I get more than three weeks out of it though, about two months is normal for me. I've almost never broken pips on other LP's and I've played with some for over a year. D.Tecs seems to hold forever.

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2016, 16:31 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

Had a good three hour session yesterday, playing matches the first two hours and doing drills the last hour. I'm still taking small steps forward, I had a dip on saturday but I was a bit hungover and didn't sleep much so that obviously wasn't surprising. I worked a lot on the LP lift/attack on backspin yesterday, I feel that this is a stroke that can be the difference between a good day or a bad day, along with my service return. It felt better and better and I had quite good consistency on higher speeds in the end of the session, I really need a lot of practice on this though so I might take some time with the robot next week if I can find the time.

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2016, 18:48 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

After the DG sheet got unplayable I put on a sheet of D.Tecs since I know that holds up very well, I've never broken a pip on a D.Tecs sheet, despite using one for almost a year. I simply can't afford to change to a new sheet every 2-4 weeks atm.

I've already played with the setup for three sessions and I'm playing even better, so no worries there. I've been focusing a lot on footwork and getting my physique back in decent form and it's definitely been paying off, I didn't expect to see this big results this fast. I'm definitely a lot lighter on my feet compared to 3 weeks ago. Sadly I'll be out of town a lot, both to visit family and to work, which means I won't get much time to practice at the table, but I'll be able to run a few times at least.

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2016, 19:42 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Keep it up! And this season, you MUST film a few of your matches. No excuses are valid!

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2016, 20:56 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

Def-attack wrote:
Keep it up! And this season, you MUST film a few of your matches. No excuses are valid!

I'll make sure to record some practice sessions, we'll see about the matches haha :P

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2016, 07:41 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
i concur with the above request! :up:

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 444 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!