OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 08:19

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 20 Feb 2014, 11:26 
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later

Blade: Donic Persson Power Play
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z3
BH: Tibhar Aurus Soft
Ld... if you can manage to play enough in a few years that these 1100 wins will net you zero points.

Status - Out of Business Janitor/Babysitter

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 20 Feb 2014, 18:26 
Roar Talent
Roar Talent

Blade: Tiago Apolonia ZLC
FH: Rhyzer 50
BH: Donic Acuda Blue P3
Your have a good progress and stay away from injury. Sometimes take a bit of rest. Keep progressing LD :up:

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2014, 05:03 

abdulmuhsee wrote:
Based on your username, we will be expecting some videos at some point, LDMovies!

Im trying to get Mark Wahlberg to play me in my Movie Version .. Or I can settle for Bradley Cooper.

Experimental Blade : Victas Koji Matushista Def : TSP Curl P1r LP .6 sponge : Giant Dragon Submarine Chop

My Blog
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=25085

PostPosted: 01 Mar 2014, 03:43 

Lots of updates since I last posted. Where do I Start?

Well I played a round robin last week and funny thing was I did well against very good players ( strong loops) and still kept losing to people I've always beat before. Mainly because they just kept dinking/pushing the ball and I Get impatient and start attacking and missing. arghhh .

I've decided to abandon my Giant Dragon Talon experiment (after 3 weeks) and took it off both my bats. I've gone back to my original Palio Ck531a and been playing with it for a couple of nights. I've just ordered a used ( from this forum, thank you) an OX GRass Dtecs and a 1.2 version dtecs too together with OX Spinlord Dorneglanz. Will be putting the 1.2 om my spare bat and giving the others to my friend.

Well I've changed clubs. MY regular one was so convenient about 1 mile away from me and this new one is about 5 miles away. At least it's slightly cheaper. Past few nights was very enjoyable because theres lots of players and mostly around my level too. Last night was a bust when I tried to go straight from work and had to sit around for 45 minutes until someone showed up. Signed up for a full month so will be going to this club every day like I used to in the other club.

Experimental Blade : Victas Koji Matushista Def : TSP Curl P1r LP .6 sponge : Giant Dragon Submarine Chop

My Blog

PostPosted: 01 Mar 2014, 12:55 

Blade: Donic Persson Power Play
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z3
BH: Tibhar Aurus Soft
haha, at least you got two clubs reasonable distance from you haha, I got to imagine my opponents haha.

Status - Out of Business Janitor/Babysitter

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2014, 03:00 

Der_Echte wrote:
haha, at least you got two clubs reasonable distance from you haha, I got to imagine my opponents haha.

Actually. I think there's 4 clubs within 20 miles of me.

Firday and Sat night was interesting in the new club. Got to face my 1st "seemiller" ( sp?) grip opponent who was using anti. He was twiddling with eaze it was amazing. I couldnt' keep track of what he was using. Lost 11-3, 11-6, 11-7 . Was so interesting I had him show me how his gripped went. Not sure if it will work for me but it's something to keep in mind.

Did my 1st Round Robin at this club. Apparently it's only their 2nd week but still , needs lots of improvement which I shared with organizer. There were no ratings limit so there were a couple of very good players in there. I wouldnt have minded but with 8 people, I only got to play 2 matches and one of them was my regular playing partner. IT would have been much better if he broke it into two groups so each one would have had 3 matches in RR format. Then people move on to a Winners and loser's bracket then get to play another 3 matches at least. Top 2 get an extra game to determine the winner. This way he could market it to low level players like me as an opportunity to pay $10 to get to play people who would not normally play me because I suck ( not good enough) .

Hope he incorporates it. People that played were fun though.

My Blog

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2014, 02:24 

Been playing regularly (every day) at new club. Good experience facing different styles and levels.
My new ( used) Grass.DTecs have come and will have play with it tonight. PRoblem is all my pips have been red and these are black. Only Red Inverted rubbers I have are brand new sets of DHS H3 and Giant Dragon Hidden Dragon.

Debating whether to put it on my regular blade ( I have an extra) Andro Fiber Def which is like an All- blade or a Victas Koji MAtsushista Def Blade. IS the Dtecs more forgiving/controllable and a slower blade?

Also recorded a few sessions

My Blog

PostPosted: 30 May 2014, 21:53 

I checked your other videos. Are there Filipinos playing there? :D

BH: Neo Skyline 3

Casual setup.
Addoy S2 Blade
FH: LKT Rapid Speed
BH: LKT Rapid Sound

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2014, 01:32 

dannyreventon wrote:
I checked your other videos. Are there Filipinos playing there? :D

Yes! and Vietnamese, and Koreans Too.

My Blog

PostPosted: 04 Jul 2014, 21:25 
Super User

Blade: TT Piet Homemade 6 ply
FH: Spinlord Waran Short Pips
BH: Joola Badman Reloaded 0X
Red sounds like 0x or thin sponge and pips to me. Your FH chop is looking pretty good, but when you have to switch to your BH you seem to have trouble with that ball.

Maybe I'm slower at adapting to changed setups than you, but it seems that it might be a day or two to learn to play with a different rubber or blade, it takes me about 6 months to get to where my shots are really dialed in with a new setup. As I see it, I need to recognize each ball coming in as to speed, spin and use that to decide what shot I can return it well with, especially if it will get me into a winning sequence of balls, and get to where I need to be, and make that shot. So, for every ball coming at me, I want to have at least one shot that works well.

I was you about 2 years ago. Maybe it takes experimenting and making those experimental goofs to find the right setup, and lots and lots of practice along the way to improve dramatically.

I suggest you record a match you are going to lose against someone that plays a style you'd like to be able to win against, and then analyze it hit by hit, point by point, game by game, and find your strong areas and weak areas by quantifying how many points you win or lose from each type of move, and find ways to use and enhance your strengths, and ways to improve and avoid getting trapped by your weaknesses.

I would try not to make equipment changes, and the only ones I'd even consider would be ones focused on eliminating those weak areas and turning them into strengths.

You have a good training partner there because she is giving you plenty of feedback...

Blade: TTPiet OFF-/ALL custom
FH: Spinlord Waran Short Pips
BH: Joola Badman Reloaded 0X