OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:55

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 470 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next
 Post subject: Re: Holy Chtchet!
PostPosted: 22 Apr 2018, 03:17 
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
notfound123 wrote:
Japsican wrote:
Really what I wanted to post about, is how I just discovered that there is an inter-hospital ping pong tournament being run by our residents and therapists. I, of course, have signed up so that I can win this thing. There is only one serious TT player here, my buddy Mohammed who is from Sierra Leone. I can almost always defeat him.

I might have to get my practice partner to play against me with premades so I can get used to them.

This isn’t Mohammed from mdttc who’s 2100-2200? :D

Haha, nope. Different Mo. This Mo is around 1500.

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2018, 03:18 

Played last night and chopped some. It was nice, I was starting to miss it.

Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2018, 08:21 
Super User

Blade: Donic Defplay Senso
FH: Mark V HPS 2.0
BH: Dtecs OX
Japsican wrote:
Played last night and chopped some. It was nice, I was starting to miss it.

join us again :devil:

My Vlog / Blog
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=32572

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2018, 02:25 

Ha!

For fun I put some P-1R on a Xiom Offensive S to see what it was like. Fast, but worked well. I was told it's a Korbel clone, so I wanted to see if it was good at chopping. Seemed good against a robot.

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2018, 06:24 

Hey, have any of you tried an the Xiom Offensive S for chopping?! I read somewhere that it's similar to a Korbel, which would explain why it's not so bad for chopping. I know So_Devo has one as an attacker, and that's what prompted me to purchase one. I had zero intention of putting LPs on it, but I'm glad I did so...

As I mentioned earlier, I threw on some P-1R for yucks. I played my practice partner (1800 ish) and had a descent showing for having never played this setup before. I played more fishing on the FH with some chopping, but the BH is very stable. The P-1R feels very similar to how it feels on a JSH. The blade has some weight to it as well, and the whole thing is pretty nice. It's fast, but about as fast as the JSH, but with 10+ fewer grams of weight, and a standard sized head. I might try some FL2 on it... I've always wanted to try the Korbel ala Gionis, but never took the plunge.

I felt like I had far more attacking options with this setup. I liked the JSH and how it played, but I could never come to form with the weight...especially on those reaction chops. To unwieldy for me.

What about those of you who have tried the Korbel?

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2018, 13:52 
Super User

Blade: Diode V ST
FH: V>22 Max
BH: Curl P1V 1.0
Japsican wrote:
Hey, have any of you tried an the Xiom Offensive S for chopping?! I read somewhere that it's similar to a Korbel, which would explain why it's not so bad for chopping. I know So_Devo has one as an attacker, and that's what prompted me to purchase one. I had zero intention of putting LPs on it, but I'm glad I did so...

As I mentioned earlier, I threw on some P-1R for yucks. I played my practice partner (1800 ish) and had a descent showing for having never played this setup before. I played more fishing on the FH with some chopping, but the BH is very stable. The P-1R feels very similar to how it feels on a JSH. The blade has some weight to it as well, and the whole thing is pretty nice. It's fast, but about as fast as the JSH, but with 10+ fewer grams of weight, and a standard sized head. I might try some FL2 on it... I've always wanted to try the Korbel ala Gionis, but never took the plunge.

I felt like I had far more attacking options with this setup. I liked the JSH and how it played, but I could never come to form with the weight...especially on those reaction chops. To unwieldy for me.

What about those of you who have tried the Korbel?

I have tried putting some P1R on the Korbel and I didn't like it -- too fast. However, this was a couple years ago when I was still toying whether to go the LP route (I am all in now :lol: ). I still have a couple Korbels with inverted rubbers -- I use them when I coach my son -- and I would agree that Korbel and JSH are pretty similar in feel and speed. Quite honestly I am very happy with JSH but if I were to try some P4 on a Korbel I am 99% sure I would feel home in no time.

PostPosted: 08 May 2018, 00:44 

Chopping fever has hit the last 2 weeks. I've only played twice, but I was missing chopping so I played that style (with Pips) the last 2 outings.

I am slowly making my way back to the dark side again...the skin sheading is taking far longer than in the past. Might take me far longer to recover should I go back to the darkside full time. right now, it's looking that way.

PostPosted: 08 May 2018, 00:57 
Dr. Chop-Blogger
Dr. Chop-Blogger

Blade: Butterfly Defense Alpha
FH: H3 Neo
BH: Cloud & Fog III OX
Japsican wrote:
Chopping fever has hit the last 2 weeks. I've only played twice, but I was missing chopping so I played that style (with Pips) the last 2 outings.

I am slowly making my way back to the dark side again...the skin sheading is taking far longer than in the past. Might take me far longer to recover should I go back to the darkside full time. right now, it's looking that way.

There is always a compromise of just chopping in practice (that's where I get the bulk of my chopping anyway, but that's another story), although I have to admit it's kind of weird to practice one thing and playing another.

I was always proponent of the idea that you should play the style you like, since we are not pros. Anyway, welcome back to the dark side!

PostPosted: 08 May 2018, 01:57 

pgpg wrote:
Japsican wrote:

There is always a compromise of just chopping in practice (that's where I get the bulk of my chopping anyway, but that's another story), although I have to admit it's kind of weird to practice one thing and playing another.

I was always proponent of the idea that you should play the style you like, since we are not pros. Anyway, welcome back to the dark side!

My defplay is in sad shape though. I might need a new one. How are you liking the Sword?

Only thing I need to come to grips with is what LP to stick with. DG or Meteorite 0.5. I love them both. Meteorite has a little more grip and and is a little better for chopping, DG has the most danger/mixed-game potential/ and chops are the highest potential, given you're opponent gives you that potential. And then there is P-1R. Back to the same 3 I always played. :) I think my level is highest with DG...

Kinda makes me want to try something new given I'm back at it.

PostPosted: 08 May 2018, 03:24 
Super User

Blade: Donic Defplay Senso
FH: Mark V HPS 2.0
BH: Dtecs OX
Welcome back brother :party:

Now you need a rematch with bogeyhunter :P

My Vlog / Blog
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=32572

PostPosted: 08 May 2018, 03:33 

Ndragon wrote:
Welcome back brother :party:

Now you need a rematch with bogeyhunter :P

No way, instead I need him to give me some coaching. :rofl:

PostPosted: 08 May 2018, 03:47 
Dr. Chop-Blogger
Dr. Chop-Blogger

Blade: Butterfly Defense Alpha
FH: H3 Neo
BH: Cloud & Fog III OX
Japsican wrote:

My defplay is in sad shape though. I might need a new one. How are you liking the Sword?

Only thing I need to come to grips with is what LP to stick with. DG or Meteorite 0.5. I love them both. Meteorite has a little more grip and and is a little better for chopping, DG has the most danger/mixed-game potential/ and chops are the highest potential, given you're opponent gives you that potential. And then there is P-1R. Back to the same 3 I always played. :) I think my level is highest with DG...

Kinda makes me want to try something new given I'm back at it.

Still use (and love) Sword - probably won't touch equipment till end of June or even longer. I think as you play longer with the same setup, you gain confidence and slowly but surely new shots become possible, or at least it feels that way.

People who play me sometimes say that DG is the most dangerous one, especially close to the table since it gives funkiest balls. It's not too shabby on chops as well, but getting into position is probably more important there... I'm also slowly coming to grips that I am unlikely to pursue a pure chopping game, there always will be a fair share of close to the table LP shots, including some hitting. Unless my footwork dramatically improves and I lose quite a few pounds :)

I think I have a sheet of Meteorite lying around somewhere (OX), need to test it at some point.

PostPosted: 08 May 2018, 04:19 

pgpg wrote:

I think I have a sheet of Meteorite lying around somewhere (OX), need to test it at some point.

In OX, I think you will find it is similar to DG. I really like it. My buddy Fred plays with it in 0.5 on a JSH blade and he's been as high as 2100.

PostPosted: 10 May 2018, 00:49 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
Extinguish the fire!!! We have a convert... :P

My blog on being a LP defender beyond 2000 USATT and the pips discrimination that comes along with that

PostPosted: 10 May 2018, 01:09 

Lorre wrote:
Extinguish the fire!!! We have a convert... :P

You just had to wait me out. I'll likely do this again next year. But maybe at a later date than my usual January.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 470 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!