OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 05:53

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 404 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
PostPosted: 22 Aug 2016, 12:55 
One-Loop Man
One-Loop Man

Blade: Joola Vyzaryz Trinity
FH: Golden Tango
BH: Golden Tango
Footwork point of the match (though the ball was faster than the ones I usually struggle with).

http://youtu.be/CDIzuOr1wNs?t=1088

"We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training" - Archilochus

PostPosted: 21 Sep 2016, 21:32 
One-Loop Man
One-Loop Man

Shoulder turn point of the day.

https://youtu.be/VCwrW03J2rk?t=659

"We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training" - Archilochus

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2016, 06:14 
One-Loop Man
One-Loop Man

My best shot of the day, I think was this 5th ball here. This is classical NL - terrible forehand form, no body rotation, shoulder power loop to win the point. When you topspin a ball so hard that a player at that rating struggles to get to it, you know you have hit a powerful shot.

http://youtu.be/6KWaT-ydPiI?t=830

I usually don't like to post rallies that I lose, but this one shows you the problem with playing a defensive wall:

http://youtu.be/6KWaT-ydPiI?t=678

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2016, 14:38 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Blade: Donic Waldner Senso V1
FH: Donic Baracuda Big Slam
BH: Victas Triple Regular
1) Have a look at the weight transfer though. :clap:

2) Some times you just need so say 'well played, too good' :o

I've asked on another thread but have you gone back to the Sweden Extra from the Tibhar Stratus Powerwood? For what reason. I've got the Yasaka Extra but not really used it, and was thinking of getting the Tibhar. Perhaps I should try the Extra as a jump up from my Appelgren V1. Didn't really like the feel or sound of the harder outer ply of the Extra but perhaps a softer tensor might dampen that a bit.

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2016, 14:53 
One-Loop Man
One-Loop Man

Cobalt wrote:
1) Have a look at the weight transfer though. :clap:

2) Some times you just need so say 'well played, too good' :o

I've asked on another thread but have you gone back to the Sweden Extra from the Tibhar Stratus Powerwood? For what reason. I've got the Yasaka Extra but not really used it, and was thinking of getting the Tibhar. Perhaps I should try the Extra as a jump up from my Appelgren V1. Didn't really like the feel or sound of the harder outer ply of the Extra but perhaps a softer tensor might dampen that a bit.

The Tibhar is head heavy with modern rubbers so it might challenge you a bit, especially on the backhand - if not, it is a great blade.

I don't think one should use hard outer plies if one doesn't like them - I find Anigre, which is what the YE has, much more suited to my game than Koto, which you find in the Timo Boll series or the Viscaria, for example - I like Limba as well. BRS has the Yasaka Sweden classic, which I think is Limba and slower, and loves it.

I think the most critical part of blade design is the handle. It matters much more than I used to think it did. I now use flare blades without hesitation. I used straight blades during most of my TT learning and I now wonder what the heck I Was thinking.

BTW, when I say handle, I also think that the nuances of the handle matter. I am not just speaking generally.

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2016, 23:38 
One-Loop Man
One-Loop Man

Here is my latest lazy forehand looping video. While my stance is not low and it isn't all out, this is very close to my best looping form and has significant improvements in consistency in matches over my old form. There are subtle even if invisible changes in how I use the upper arm, elbow and wrist. I am not going to deviate much from looping like this for a long time.

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2016, 02:12 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Those are very loopy loops. I bet they are more consistent because you are getting inches of net clearance. Will be interesting to see if you flatten them out more in matches.

Yoko Ono

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2016, 02:35 
One-Loop Man
One-Loop Man

BRS wrote:
Those are very loopy loops. I bet they are more consistent because you are getting inches of net clearance. Will be interesting to see if you flatten them out more in matches.

I have always been a loopy looper. Whether to flatten out or not depends on the opponent. I was reminded of this this past weekend. I played a guy I usually beat and lost to him. He held the table so I switched to loopy looping in the rematch and won. I remembered that I beat him more easily than others because I was a loopy looper and my trying to drive through him in the first match played into his hands with his fast blade and strong blocks.

Consistency is environment driven here.

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2016, 02:48 

Blade: Stiga Clipper CC
FH: DHS H3
BH: Xiom Vega Japan
great videos

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2016, 02:27 
One-Loop Man
One-Loop Man

So I switched rubbers to the new Nexy Karis. I probably would never have taken the rubber seriously had the Nexy Korean owner not written on his logic for designing the rubber and the Nexy USA retailer (DerEchte) wasn't a buddy, but on using the rubber, I felt a close kinship to what the rubber was trying to do. No Tenergy bounciness, no counterintuitive spin, very grippy surface, but the sponge and the topsheet behave together in ways that you can understand for what you are trying to do. A plastic ball Joola Rhyzm or Tibhar Aurus, probably better as well.

After using it for a while, it became apparent that my touch would be much better with this rubber, so much so that I needed to get a faster blade because I didn't have to deal with the Tenergy bounciness and I Was giving up a lot a in rallies. I am auditioning faster blades now with Limba or Hinoki outers.

The current leader is the IF ALC. Have only been using it for 2 days and was able to play this match with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKagLazFLxQ

Still going to test a few Nexy Hinoki blades, but this blade is clearly the frontrunner.

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2016, 16:49 
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later

Blade: Donic Persson Power Play
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z3
BH: Tibhar Aurus Soft
Give the Hanibal 2 weeks and you will feel nice. I liked it the first week.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Status - Out of Business Janitor/Babysitter

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2016, 10:46 

Blade: Donic Persson Power Play
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z3
BH: Tibhar Aurus Soft
I don't hear any grumblings... Either the blades sucked rocks or I trudged the mighty Next Level something fierce.

Status - Out of Business Janitor/Babysitter

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2016, 10:52 
One-Loop Man
One-Loop Man

Der_Echte wrote:
I don't hear any grumblings... Either the blades sucked rocks or I trudged the mighty Next Level something fierce.

It's not easy. The blades are not the same as what I use now so I am trying things out to give them a fair chance. I still prefer the inner force so that is the problem. But just am going through put the new set of M+ on the Kanaph to make it apples to apples.

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2016, 07:36 
One-Loop Man
One-Loop Man

One of my favorite points of my best tournament win (Ratings wise) ever:

https://youtu.be/kkYEwe0xjxE?t=651

I guess I rebuilt my forehand to be able to play points like that - should call it rebuilding footwork and forehand.

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2016, 06:28 
One-Loop Man
One-Loop Man

I have been so fascinated by Nexy Karis because of my results ( used it for two days and immediately decided to switch after the league, used it at the Butterfly NA Teams and realized I needed a faster blade vs Tenergy, put it on faster blades and got two of my best wins ever).

I started to investigate the comment from a fellow player that it was like Airoc Astro. Seems that there is a rubber factory in Japan and it is likely it produces these 3 rubbers amongst others.

1. Stiga Airoc Astros
2. TSP Regalis Blue
3. Nexy Karis M/M+.

I have only tried Nexy Karis but the reviews of the others I read in some ways sound eerily similar to how I feel about Karis.

I played a player who plays with high spin yesterday and what surprised me more than anything else was how often I swung at his ball with a counterloop and the ball just landed on the table with quality. I usually can do this against much weaker players, but this player could put good spin on the ball and I Was doing this. It caused him some mild frustration too.

In any case, this rubber is much easier to control than Tenergy and my choice of going to a faster blade to take advantage of the enhanced control was a good one. In fact, Big M told another player that I had moved to a slower blade, even though I played him with a faster blade but less bouncy rubbers.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 404 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next