OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 12:54

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2016, 08:29 

Blade: Stiga Clipper CC
FH: DHS H3
BH: Xiom Vega Japan
This is mainly for me And organizing my TT thoughts and small details. 1000 fh and 500 BH from the robot 5 days aweek for the first 2 months

"I have long understood that losing always comes with the territory when you wander into the gambling business, just as getting crippled for life is an acceptable risk in the linebacker business. They both are extremely violent sports, and pain is part of the bargain. Buy the ticket, take the ride."

This will probably be a terrible read don't waste your time.(just a nice title)!!

I needed to be able to hit with the players at the small club. The only people that come in are like 1900+ players like 10different people.
APRIL 23 2017
I can hit with most players. Lefty are still backwards though

July 2016

I buy a 20 dollar wood paddle and 30 dollar alc blade and they feel the same. 1900 lvl players are kind enough to hit with me and game. If there is space I take reps with robot.

First time at the big club. Its only open Monday and Wednesday, Mondays is a tournament style Wednesday is open tables 20 of those bty tables.

So I go Monday and get the stuffing beat out ta me.
95% of the time I tried to kill the point. Lost to everyone. Next 2 Mondays won vs a friend(lp no sponge) each time.

End of the month fh loop starts to develop

August 2016

Fh loop continues to develop ahead of footwork. Still finding my way around the table. To take a good cut at the ball I need to See it coming , be moving my feet already , and firing the hips while keeping the shoulderSSSSSS loose.
I start playing against Gen 1200lvl who uses double lp.. Its only annoying if I can't hit topspin balls from the robot first. But playing with him really developed my looping vs underspin!grateful he's there. While looping underspin I have to step up to the table with both feet.

Best win vs 1150 player. She's been taking lessons and has good control while pushing. If she pushed,chopped long I could loop it and that messed up her game plan
2nd place in group 3 of 4 tournament
I start to be able to loop under spin with BH side. (After I loop backspin fh or BH I need to immediately get ready for the next shot. ( Change levels) distance from table)

I start BH flicking serves .fh flick seems a bit more physically demanding but just getting over with a bit of top is enough.

I control sidespin ok over the table but if it goes deep into my BH I die.

September 2016

New blade!!! Xiom hayabusa zx bought from prw on this site. Changed bh rubber to Vega JP 2.0 also which is dumb I think. I can't loop underspin w bh anymore but it seems like there is more action on the ball with smaller stroke vs topspin
First place group 4 of 4 a big free tournament played about 10 matches I think.
Toughest match was vs this older man glen. Great blocker! He would take my best loop and place it down the line or cross court the whole time. He had a funny grip and probably old spips I think. He had me running back and forth the whole time in the 3-2 win for me. I started getting tired and side spinning the ball n saw that he would miss or go to the fh side n I could put a full power stroke on it. I could play strong BH topspins into the block till he went to fh. I could be late to it and control side spin into the block n tee off on the next one. It was a lot of fun. Though I warmed up with this 2.2k lvl kid (14 or 16 yrs old) and he hates me cuz I couldnt hit the ball back.(this is much more memorable then the win for me)

This last week I started being able to block loops fh and bh . I don't really think about anything, the ball just blocking paddle n lands on their side. Just gotta stay loose and lean with it. I can kinda shoot it back also if I flex up and close the angle. You kinda block downward. The coach said blocking is a confidence booster, I'm just glad I can hit the ball back.

Starting to heavy backspin the ball. Basically just swing down and works well.(not in-game)
2 good wins this week. One vs my Chinese twin. I know these two didn't go all out n just kill the game which the Chinese kid is best at 3rd ball kill. People say hell be 1800 in a month. And then I won vs my friend( from Iran) the 1350 player. He didn't go all out but he's a lot weaker if he's not playing to win. I don't remember these games so well lol. I think he's in his first year also but has had a lot of lessons. I had good variety of serves this match.
Had a 10-1 lead vs a older guy(nimble tho) with hard bat no sponge, he's stuck at 1980 rating. I was happy about that; he stomped me out the next 3 games.

These wins are followed by a bad lose today. A very naturally skilled player, many long rallies good fun game mad at getting 3-0 tho.he said hes had his paddle for 2 years idk how much he plays tho. I think I wasn't ready for his variety or serves, I thought he was newer then he was . he had a top spin serve that was as fast as anything I've seen. Lost 11-8ish each game. I feel I should have won if I had focused more.

(1950)friend) reiterates what I think about looping underspin as he chopped for me for fun(in-game).The closer I am to the table the more topspin I can get on it and the next ball comes back fast. Though it means I wasn't implementing what i was just thinking about so I'm kinda mad.

My natural serve is kind of a pendulum(side,under) I keep losing if they hit it fast to my BH. Im never ready for the side spin coming back. Even though I should expect it there and with side. Then they'll to fh n I'm not ready for it. I find myself doing pure backspins with variations and some top so I don't have to deal with the sidespin

Last edited by Bars on 23 Apr 2017, 19:12, edited 6 times in total.

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2016, 09:13 

zzzzzz

Last edited by Bars on 24 Jan 2017, 18:27, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2016, 09:45 

6 months in still 1200 league rating

Last edited by Bars on 23 Apr 2017, 18:56, edited 7 times in total.

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2016, 10:30 

zzzz

Last edited by Bars on 24 Jan 2017, 18:35, edited 11 times in total.

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2016, 11:40 
Super User

Blade: Timo Boll Spirit
FH: H3 neo 40 Degrees
BH: Tenergy 05
Xiom hayabusa looks awesome af. What bh were u using before?

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2016, 11:45 
Dr. Chop-Blogger
Dr. Chop-Blogger

Blade: Butterfly Defense Alpha
FH: H3 Neo
BH: Cloud & Fog III OX
Keep writing! Always interesting to hear other player's stories.

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2016, 14:20 

Appreciate the replies y'all . I was using h3 neo on the BH of my gambler hero alc? The speed change doesnt effect it but the ball reacts differently off the real soft sponge and rubber.
The hayabusa does not feel like tb alc. All I can really say about it. The coach uses zxi n he said he loves it because its fast like alc but feels slow. I only picked it because of looks and if you ask any Korean about anything they'll tell you to get the Korean product, that's how you know its good
I would kinda get a wide fh off the table and sidespin-loop it back next shot would be middle-fh side and I would just crush it with bh w.o thought. I also have been missing these basically killshots.

Last edited by Bars on 17 Sep 2016, 17:16, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2016, 14:28 
Super User

Inteesting, I personally never liked hurricanes on my bh, it kinda takes to much effort to loop on bh for me so i reserve the hurricanes for fh, even in the future if i decided i wanna revisit hurricanes again that is.

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2016, 15:24 

Yes that is what I hear from the forums and the best player in the state.(owns the small TT club open 7 days a week). I lose control when I really snap my wrist on BH now though I just try to aim high enough to get it over the net. But I guess it's faster and more spin from how the enemy reacts to it. I just can't top spin vs under on BH side ATM. I'm not sure what I like more but I just can't loop under. Blocking with the Vega jp might be easier but I can block now with either side relatively easy

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2016, 18:13 

Any drills anyone can describe would be great. I try to look them up but when I get to the club I forget all about them

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2016, 18:32 
Super User

I myself am obsessed on footwork now, I'm 6'1 not that tall, but crouching low enough is still awkward to me, so whenever I hit the club i try to keep it 100% low body position, and shuffle hop to places before the next ball comes to me rather than elongating my arms or running to retrieve a ball.

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2016, 18:54 

O ya man if you widen the base and get low it really really makes you back swing faster or shorter I noticed the other day n I could get to the ball much quicker. Not side to side but from start to finish on my fh stroke. And being lower help see trajectory and spin of the ball while blocking just lean a bit

And when they go into my body or elbow If I can kind of move feet real quick I can loop it from my pocket basically. It needs to have some side spin from my experience

Last edited by Bars on 23 Apr 2017, 18:57, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2016, 18:56 

sssssssss

Last edited by Bars on 23 Apr 2017, 18:57, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2016, 21:15 

fh loop action

PostPosted: 29 Oct 2016, 23:20 

"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."

memerable wins against 1450. first time he was opening the game with loopy topspin vs backspin n i would just kill . the other time he attacked my bh and out of nowhere my bh was a solid wall. 8)

switched bh rubber again.. tenergy 80. gonna suck. probably will take lessons to firm up the bh. vega jp 2.0red was large difference from h3 neo and took me a long time to feel it. much more action off the rubber when blocking so ingames it was more effective then the h3 neo(which i liked or noticed)

practicing reverse pendulum serve. mostly for fun and flash. i can stand there and re pen serve all day
tried hurricane 3 national blue sponge.bit heavy. it was awesome; though the guy said chinese coaches select who gets it and all the girls use h3 national with orange sponge. also everyone uses the national with orange sponge(for the casuals){{EDIT}} I think it was heavy because his hurricane king blade has a larger head?
the jump from 1300-1600 looks like a wall... variety of serve and my lack of variety.

Last edited by Bars on 23 Apr 2017, 18:59, edited 5 times in total.