OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 16:02

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: 12 Oct 2015, 03:22 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
ridderz65 wrote:
I use tibhar evolution FX-P 2.0mm

I asked because there's a difference between red and black for pips (in most cases). If the red P1-R wouldn't satisfy your needs, the black one plays different. I don't think a color change for your FH makes a big difference.

PostPosted: 12 Oct 2015, 03:55 
Super User

Lorre wrote:
ridderz65 wrote:
I use tibhar evolution FX-P 2.0mm

I asked because there's a difference between red and black for pips (in most cases). If the red P1-R wouldn't satisfy your needs, the black one plays different. I don't think a color change for your FH makes a big difference.

In what way does the two colours of the P1-R differ? I like hellfire in red.

PostPosted: 12 Oct 2015, 06:35 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
ridderz65 wrote:

I tested both in 1,5mm. From what I experienced the red P1-R consists of pips that are a tad harder. it attacks a bit better (more disruptive), but it defends worse. I found the black P1-R the most grippy one. Classic colour difference.

PostPosted: 12 Oct 2015, 15:58 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

Blade: Joo Se Hyuk
FH: Xiom Omega VII Euro
BH: Dornenglanz ox
Lorre wrote:
ridderz65 wrote:

I tested both in 1,5mm. From what I experienced the red P1-R consists of pips that are a tad harder. it attacks a bit better (more disruptive), but it defends worse. I found the black P1-R the most grippy one. Classic colour difference.

+1

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2015, 00:29 
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
ridderz65 wrote:
Japsican wrote:
Nice Ridderz! The lady reminds me of one of our coaches, Charlene lieu, who is in her 60s and is over 2000 USATT. Very consistent... What's her level?

Your chops look very nice. I'm jealous of your length being very tall. I'm shortish at 5'9" (175cm). Real advantage for a defender to have the reach that you do. Do u mostly chop? Or during games is there more play at the table?

Hi Japsican. Do you have any feedback on the training match video? The second video I've uploaded?

Yes, I agree with everyone. You are a modern defender more than a blocker or hitter. P-1R is the best pure chopping rubber out there IMO. However, if you are used to less grippy LPs you will lose some of your close-to-the-table strokes and may have to re-learn those a bit. It will be a bit painful, but you will probably have more upside. The blocking and chop blocking is different and less forgiving. A lot less. But you can manipulate the spin better due to the grip, where as with Hellfire you opponent has more to say about the spin than you do.

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2015, 00:45 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

Blade: Joo Se Hyuk
FH: Xiom Omega VII Euro
BH: Dornenglanz ox
My thoughts are that P1R is very well suited for your playing style but for your technique I'm not all that sure. I think you might loose a little spin with the P1R if you don't start to chop harder and brush more. That is something that comes with practice though and I still agree that P1R or some other grippy LP combined with a lot of practice is the way to go for you.

It's very hard to judge based only on a video though.

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2015, 03:44 
Super User

It's quite hard to say from a video, and it really goes down to personal likes, but since it seems you don't mind spending some money i guess it's absolutely worthwhile to try arguably the most famous and successful among the pro's defensive rubber ;)
Of course, choose 1 mm, as it's your usual thickness... i suggest red because it will be a little more similar to what you were used to play with.
Keep us posted, and share more videos, i'd say you are actually better than most users here! :up: :up: :up:

BH: Grass D.Tecs 1.5 (black)

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2015, 04:23 

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
Actually, it might be a good idea to use 0.5mm p-1r. That will probably not be as big of a jump in grippiness from hellfire 1.0mm.

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2015, 05:02 
Super User

RevanII wrote:
It's quite hard to say from a video, and it really goes down to personal likes, but since it seems you don't mind spending some money i guess it's absolutely worthwhile to try arguably the most famous and successful among the pro's defensive rubber ;)
Of course, choose 1 mm, as it's your usual thickness... i suggest red because it will be a little more similar to what you were used to play with.
Keep us posted, and share more videos, i'd say you are actually better than most users here! :up: :up: :up:

Thankyou for the feedback! :) I appreciate your comments on my ability.
So you think that red 1.0mm P1-R could be worth trying? Not the black?
I'm thinking about getting a second Joo blade and having a hellfire setup and a P1-R setup.
I also have a Defplay senso blade which I'm going to try Juic Leggy Defence and Grass DtecS on.
Do you think I'm doing the right thing with these?

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2015, 05:08 
Super User

Japsican wrote:
ridderz65 wrote:
Japsican wrote:
Nice Ridderz! The lady reminds me of one of our coaches, Charlene lieu, who is in her 60s and is over 2000 USATT. Very consistent... What's her level?

Your chops look very nice. I'm jealous of your length being very tall. I'm shortish at 5'9" (175cm). Real advantage for a defender to have the reach that you do. Do u mostly chop? Or during games is there more play at the table?

Hi Japsican. Do you have any feedback on the training match video? The second video I've uploaded?

Yes, I agree with everyone. You are a modern defender more than a blocker or hitter. P-1R is the best pure chopping rubber out there IMO. However, if you are used to less grippy LPs you will lose some of your close-to-the-table strokes and may have to re-learn those a bit. It will be a bit painful, but you will probably have more upside. The blocking and chop blocking is different and less forgiving. A lot less. But you can manipulate the spin better due to the grip, where as with Hellfire you opponent has more to say about the spin than you do.

Thankyou Japsican for your advice. Do you think I should try 1.0mm P1-R in red or black?

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2015, 21:24 
Reverse Psychologist
Reverse Psychologist

Blade: Victas Matsushita Off
FH: Tibhar EL-s 1.9
BH: Victas Curl P1V 1.0
Great that you posted a video, Ridderz! Looking forward for more (and against other opponents)! Your style (the way you serve, move) sometimes reminds me a bit of how I play

ridderz65 wrote:
Thankyou Japsican for your advice. Do you think I should try 1.0mm P1-R in red or black?

I think the answer for this was already given, no need to triple-check everything :-). Difference between black and red will be rather marginal, but red will indeed be a little less grippy, so a little closer to Hellfire. I would go for the 1mm on JSH. If you want to try the 0.5mm, I've got a red and a black one cut to JSH, maybe I can exchange it for something you don't need anymore? If so, send me a PM

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2015, 21:38 
Super User

Pipsy wrote:
Great that you posted a video, Ridderz! Looking forward for more (and against other opponents)! Your style (the way you serve, move) sometimes reminds me a bit of how I play

ridderz65 wrote:

I think the answer for this was already given, no need to triple-check everything :-). Difference between black and red will be rather marginal, but red will indeed be a little less grippy, so a little closer to Hellfire. I would go for the 1mm on JSH. If you want to try the 0.5mm, I've got a red and a black one cut to JSH, maybe I can exchange it for something you don't need anymore? If so, send me a PM

Thanks Pipsy! I will hopefully get another video soon vs another player! I train and play with a guy who is rated a division higher than me and he is an attacker. So I will try and get one with him.

Do you think I should use 1mm sponge P1-R? Because I'm used to using 1mm on all my other LP? Red I will probably go for. I'm going to get another JSH blade and put P1-R on it, and keep my JSH with Hellfire on it. So I'll have two JSH set ups. I do have a Defplay senso with Juic Leggy Defence 1.0mm on it too.

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2015, 21:50 

There's no "right answer" or else they wouldn't offer several thickness options. Get thicker if you want to change spin more, else get thinner because thicker is harder to use.

In your video, it doesn't seem like there was a lot of trickery in the returns (but fairly solid strokes), but it depends which way you want to go against the opponents you have. By asking other people it's like you ask them to predict how you should play in the future.

Also, red/black isn't going to matter in grippier pips. That mostly matters in slippery high reversal rubbers, OX, where even a little difference can be significant.

PostPosted: 14 Oct 2015, 03:34 
Super User

irenic wrote:
There's no "right answer" or else they wouldn't offer several thickness options. Get thicker if you want to change spin more, else get thinner because thicker is harder to use.

In your video, it doesn't seem like there was a lot of trickery in the returns (but fairly solid strokes), but it depends which way you want to go against the opponents you have. By asking other people it's like you ask them to predict how you should play in the future.

Also, red/black isn't going to matter in grippier pips. That mostly matters in slippery high reversal rubbers, OX, where even a little difference can be significant.

I should probably go for a rubber thickness I'm used to. So 1.0mm is the one I'd say. And I'll stick with red rubber if it's not a big difference.

Does anyone have a JSH blade they would be willing to swap with a brand new VKMO?

PostPosted: 14 Oct 2015, 07:56 
Super User

+1 to all the other guys ;)
Difference between red and black is really marginal (it may even be something one wouldn't notice), so stick with red which is the color you already use for your pimple, and again i think one should stick with his thickness when changing because:
- in order to compare the new rubber to the old ones
- changing sponge with pimples is not like going from 1.8 to 2.0 mm on an inverted rubber... 0.5 thickness is half the sponge of 1.0 mm, so it changes so much the overall behaviour of the rubber on many shots!

BH: Grass D.Tecs 1.5 (black)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next